Phantis Forums

2018-2019 Pre Season Training News

Blackhawk

For me it's sad to see Crespo and Canas starting against Basel. We are looking for a defender and midfielder for a year now, we got a defender who needs time and no midfielder yet. Plus there is no real LB in the roster. I like Vieirinha being there, but there is no other option. If we don't get a real LB it's another suicide. Leovac, Azevedo left and we got none. Besides still having Leveque. And if Vieirinha needs to be subbed, then Kitsiou or Crespo will have to play there. Quite sad.

Did you guys consider the option that Lucescu never wanted Khacheridi transfer to happen? Khacheridi has been Ivan's wet dream for years due to Pontian roots. For me that's one of the wrong reasons to be signing players. And Ivan made several such transfers in the past. That's why I think he will stick with the proven Varela/Crespo duo for the two important games.

Additional friendly has been scheduled for Monday July 16. it will be against Dutch Eredivisie team De Graafschap at 15:30 EEST. I expect the 2nd string players to get playing time in that one.

Maybe If Cristiano's last name was Ronaldidis, we would have outbid Juventus.

I sent Giorgaki Savvidi a DM on Instagram with a fake Ancestry.com report linking Lionel Messi family tree back to Mithridates VI, essentially making him Pontio Royalty....Surely they'll break the bank for that tranfer..

Edited by BostonThanatos

Lyratzis, our U20 RB (18 years old) is heading up to the Netherlands to join the team. He was playing with Greece's U18 squad until now, and started in their 6-7 defeat to Morocco (woof) back in June. I wonder if he'll be put in as a left back?

Charisis has taken the #6 out of Leveque's cold dead hands. Pretty ballsy move for someone who might be loaned out again in a few weeks. Though I do think he's a solid player who I'd rather have than some random Viking mercenary.

I'm at the game against Royal Antwerp. I think there are only 50 Paoktsides. Probably because it was not clear where it is played exactly from the start the game was announced. 

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1

Sorry guys. My cellphone refused to work after my first (and only) post so could not keep you updated. Now back on my iPad.

Jaba started well like the whole team. I like him very much. Later we were crap. Defenately the second team with Shakov the worst of all. The man is sooooo sloooowwww. 

Rey played the first half. Glykos the second. Limnios and Liratzis were subbed in during the second half. Pelkas stayed on the bench the whole game. He was just there in case. There were no other subs as we play tomorrow.

There was one funny moment as Malezas was saying to an injured player to get of the field quick, Bölöni called him the M-word and the they started laughing and talking about the old days.

20 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Jaba started well like the whole team. I like him very much. Later we were crap. Defenately the second team with Shakov the worst of all. The man is sooooo sloooowwww. 

He's a Ukrainian Tziolis

Pffft, settle down there - he's so much better than Tziolis.

PAOKTV had a link for this earlier, and now we get another stupid error message: http://tv.paokfc.gr/video/nte-gkraafsap-paok-live

-edit- here's the list of who's on the bench (fewer than I would have thought). Several players from yesterday there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Warda get a few minutes at the end.

99 Σιαμπάνης

16 Mihojević

24 Warda

32 Λύρατζης

53 Μπαλογιάννης
Edited by pash

I take anything a Greek journalist says as completely wrong and inaccurate, so looks like he's out for a month ?

Seriously though, hopefully it's nothing and he's right to go for the first leg v Basel. Such an important player