Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2018-2019

Blackhawk

32 minutes ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

So what your saying is, I have at least two meeting before I should start to worry about my vital organs? 

you're scottish, he's not gonna want your liver. the rest of them, yes be careful

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's quite obvious his number one priority is the Lamia game on Monday. Anything we accomplish in London will be bonus. I don't expect us even scoring a a goal today, let alone getting points. As long as BATE defeats Vidi today, the final games in the group will be the ones that matter. 

As the score gets ugly for us it is time to do other things.

With the 2-0 win of Bate over Vidi today the head to head to head goal difference is in favour of us. Vidi has -1, we have 0, Bate has +1. If we just win with whatever score and Chelsea does their duty in true sportmanship in Hungary we progress on GD. Oké, maybe too optimistic, but one has to have faith. We will be probably trashed at the last 32 but who cares. Every game is good for the experience. Might be useful as our Scrooge wants to sell players for a lot of $$$$.

So if we beat BATE and Vidi lose we have the 3 way tie for 2nd place, we all know that. Now I'm reading any win vs  BATE will do. Not sure exactly of how it works for a 3 way tie but I've heard something about a Mini league being created so basically, it would cancel out the results vs Chelsea that the 3 teams have had. 

Can't find anything official from uefa, is anyone sure that no matter what scoreline we beat BATE by as long as Vidi lose we are through?

Whatever happens I am fine with that. Honestly, we don't deserve to qualify. Besides the game we won, we play very very badly all other games. This was a group of Chelsea and three mediocre teams which none of them deserved to qualify and maybe that's why the second place will be given to a team that had two wins and four losses.

2 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

So if we beat BATE and Vidi lose we have the 3 way tie for 2nd place, we all know that. Now I'm reading any win vs  BATE will do. Not sure exactly of how it works for a 3 way tie but I've heard something about a Mini league being created so basically, it would cancel out the results vs Chelsea that the 3 teams have had.

In the event of 3 teams on 6 points with 6 points against each other, goes to goal difference against each other:

BATE has 5-4 (1 goal loss makes them even)
Vidi has 3-4 (already behind, lose and they're out)
PAOK has 4-4 (1 goal win makes it +1, we qualify)

Νίκη της Τσέλσι και νίκη της ομάδας μας για να πάμε εκδρομή το Φεβρουάριο. Γι'αυτο πάρτε την πρόκριση κοπρόσκυλα για να μην σας πάρει ο διάβολος!

• 2 weeks later...

Τρεις βαθμοί σε όμιλο του Ουέφα. Οι λιγότεροι που είχαμε μαζέψει στο παρελθόν ήταν εφτά! Και τώρα μόνο τρεις. Με αντιπάλους τη Βίντι και τη Μπάτε. Αν είναι δυνατόν. Ντροπιαστική χρονιά στην Ευρώπη. Αίσχος. Μεγάλο πλήγμα για την ομάδα σε πολλούς τομείς.

To recap our European campaign this season.

The minimum goal set for this Europeans season was reached. We made the group stage of Europa League. Don't forget that is something we did not do last season!

Also we came very close to make group stage of Champions League.

Overall, I would say our campaign was satisfactory, but the Europa League campaign was a disaster. We scored only one goal at Toumba! 

• Like it 1

Didn't come close? We were one tie away from reaching the CL group stage. And why would you not count the games from July and August? What were those games for? The Balkan cup?  The team peaked their form for those games and we are paying for it. At least in the league we are getting away with it.

The CL qualification run was good.  The EL run was very poor given the teams in our group.  Lucescu (and I think the team psychologically) have prioritised the league.  Even so we should have qualified.

Regarding CL we all saw the beat down AEX copped.  It would have been the same for us.  We saw the vast difference in quality against Chelsea.  Boys against men really.

We have maybe 3 or 4 players who can kind of compete at that level.  The football world has changed a lot in the last 15 years or so and Greece got left behind or rather, didn’t change and adapt.

Olympiakos won a team who's coach is OFI's former coach and this year they won't make it even to Europe. So, no biggie there. When PAOK was beating Udinese, they were at the top of the standing. Of course congrats to them. But I am not going to attack my team because of what happened. Come on. We have better things to do. And those yes, were last's year transfers and mediocre performance in most of this years' games. But hey, are we going to use the arguments of those who have been united so PAOK doesn't win the championship again? They stole us last's year title. And we left with what? Good football? So what? Do you want to think Olympiakos is Barcelona? Do you want to think their 10 points in the stoppage time is their royal mentality? Do you want to consider PAOK lucky and Olympiakos unlucky? Do whatever you want.

I, as a fan of this team, I feel this is the moment that the team needs all the support they can have. To maintain the +8. Our enemies know that now is the moment to attack full force and cause as much damage as they can. I cannot let that happen. Στήριξη στην ομάδα. Στήριξη στον Λουτσέσκου, στον Μάτος, στον Πέλκα και σε όποιον is underperforming.

Όλους τρέλα σας πουλάμε ρε γατάκια! Ναι, ντρέπομαι για τις 5 ήττες στα 6 ματς στο Ουέφα. Αυτό δεν είναι ΠΑΟΚ. Αλλά ΠΑΟΚ πρωταθλητής 2018-2019. Όλα τα υπόλοιπα δεν έχουν σημασία.