Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2018-2019

Blackhawk

BATE Borisov has several CL group stage appearances and won't be an easy opponent. Vidi is not easy either. It will be a mistake if we go into the games thinking they are easy.

Our schedule is as follows:

1η αγωνιστική / 20 Σεπτεμβρίου

ΠΑΟΚ – Τσέλσι      (19:55)

2η αγωνιστική / 4 Οκτωβρίου

Μπάτε Μπορίσοφ – ΠΑΟΚ  (22:00)

3η αγωνιστική / 25 Οκτωβρίου

ΠΑΟΚ – Βίντι  (22:00)

4η αγωνιστική / 8 Νοεμβρίου

Βίντι – ΠΑΟΚ   (19:55)

5η αγωνιστική / 29 Νοεμβρίου

Τσέλσι – ΠΑΟΚ   (22:00)

6η αγωνιστική / 13 Δεκεμβρίου

ΠΑΟΚ – Μπάτε Μπορίσοφ   (19:55)

6 hours ago, pash said:

This is all her fault, she needs to accept the monster she created

Haha This is true.. she gave me the disease for which there is no cure. 

Its a shame that we play Chelsea before AEK but we have a good squad and that’s what it’s there for. We are far stronger where as they have got weaker imo (that may not be the case but they lost their best player and have not replaced him) 

Incidentally, I watched Olympiakos v Burnley and don’t think we have too much to fear. Burnley are not great and should have battered them. 

These players are on the list we have handed to UEFA for the GS EL:

Ρέι, Πασχαλάκης, Σιαμπάνης, Βαρέλα, Κρέσπο, Χατσερίδης, Μαλεζάς, Μάτος, Κίτσιου, Βιεϊρίνια, Λύρατζης, Τόσκα, Κάνιας, Βέρνμπλουμ, Σάχοφ, Μαουρίσιο, Πέλκας, Ελ Καντουρί, Μπίσεσβαρ, Λημνιός, Ακπόμ, Ζαμπά, Ουάρντα, Καρέλης, Πρίγιοβιτς .

I feel confident with Vieirinha in the backline because he is easily the best passer out of the 4 that start so he can be incredibly useful on counters and moving the ball forward. Although I'd really like to see him in action up front running amuck in our oppositions defence and putting that lethal shot to more use.

Haven't seen enough of Jaba to comment on but Wernbloom should definitely start due to experience, skill level and endurance once he is back to being match fit.

Jaba is a prospect, not much of a starter yet.

For me - Kacheridi, Wernbloom, Warda (if you count him). I bet Tosca will get about three or four starts this entire season (all competitions). Same with Akpom and Karelis.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Of our new signings, who do we see as a potential started for European matches?  Jaba and Wernbloom?   Maybe Tosca, depending on performance, and push Vieirinha up?  

The transfers were not great Boston, that's true. Jaba needs more time, he is only 20. Wernbloom just came and needs some time as well after three months of vacation. But theoretically, if they play according to their potential, yes you can say those two can be starters.

But I really think is crucial to have equally good players in some positions. We play AEK-Chelsea-Olympiakos in a row, then the Cup will also begin. Those are many many matches. It's good to have a nice rotation, so let's say Warda, Jaba, Limnios (who didn't play well against Benfica), even Biseswar can step in and substitute each other without the team losing anything. Last year we were lucky, with no injuries, but injuries will occur. Also some players might not be able to keep up great performances (Pelkas, Varela?) it's good to be able to substitute them too.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this is in the wrong space but I tried to figure out how you all have things sorted here and decided this might be the best option!

I am trying to find out if anyone is travelling to watch the game against Chelsea here in London on November 29, or if anyone knows someone who is travelling.

If that's the case, I'd love to know. I guess reply to this post or send me a DM on here or whatever.

Cheers!