Phantis Forums

Cup-Final: AEK - PAOK (12-May-18, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Vieirinha calling Simoes out for joking about the "ti einai auto re" when AEK was celebrating their title

Gotta say i was surprised that Simoes, a countrymen of Vieirinha would do that. Regardless good to hear our captain speak so well after the final and you can hear is passion. Really impressed with his Greek too, I knew he spoke it but to be able to do a press conference with no help at all is pretty impressive. Bravo arxyge 

1 hour ago, pash said:

Yeah that was a real fiery conference. I thought Lucescu was also pretty good. Both very riled up!

There’s a right way to do this and I thought they did it well.  Good on them.  Nothing disrespectful in what they said.

I’m just so glad for the players and fans we got something from this season.  We sure deserved it.  Sheez we gave AEX a beating!  Hopefully many more to come.

As for myself I’ve been doing random fist pumps the last few days and can’t stop smiling. Might have to go see a doctor soon if this doesn’t stop.

• Like it 2

13 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Brilliant win for PAOK and the team went out with a point to prove and they certainly showed who the best team in Greece are. 

Big summer for PAOK now in terms of recruitment. Next season with the manager and squad more settled will be good and hopefully they go for the jugular. 

Did you end up going to the game ?

On 5/11/2018 at 11:48 AM, aekaraCLE said:

Where you from Blackhawk?

Chicago. I drove my son to Pittsburgh who studies there. Made it to his dorm just in time to see the last 30 minutes of the game and the two goals. 

16 hours ago, Bananas said:

Did you end up going to the game ?

Sadly i didn't. My fiance doesn't ask anything of me but she asked (or rather pleaded) for me not to go just this once. She was worried i would be arrested, or worse, end up in hospital. Although every cell was screaming for me to be there.. i just couldn't put her through the worry so I decided that for once i would be sensible.

I was absolutely gutted and so jealous when getting videos and messages from people i knew that were on there way down or already in Athens.

I couldn't sleep at all on Friday night and was a nervous wreck leading up to KO. I have developed such a passion for this great club over the last 3 and a half years and I am not ashamed to admit that i had a tear or two in my eye when Vieirinha scored. All weekend I was out in Edinburgh with my Savvidis mask and PAOK fan club top, bursting with pride! Nothing can wipe the smile from my face.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic