Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Djalma is a big loss.  So much for trying to hang onto our core players.  Then again if the offer from the Turks is real it's hard to compete with that.

Djalma is a ταύρος.  Imagine having to man mark him with his high work rate and just the way he generally bullies himself into space.  I'd much rather be marking say a Limnios.

With Djalma and Mak both gone (I wish we signed Mak and am surprised we didn't) we'll essentially be playing with new wingers.

As for the 5 million dollar kid, the story is almost surreal.  Kind of bizarre.  For a club like PAOK who's highest transfer fee is barely 2 million to spend 5 million on an unknown kid seems kind of strange.  Does Savvidis have dirty money to wash ?  Then again maybe this kid is MUCH better than everyone in our squad ?  He'll have to be if you're paying that sort of money.  Right now I don't like this move.

If we were Porto or Benfica it would be another day at work to spend 5 million for an allegedly Brazilian wonderkid.

If Savvidis is in the mood to spend such money, good for us. And obviously this kid is supposed to play a couple years for us and then sell them for way more, right? I am more concerned to find an amazing midfielder. Savvidis has to show his money for that transfer. Since we already got Khacheridi this is the other position we need to spend some real money. And then of course for Prijovic's replacement if he end up going.

I get what you're saying my sweet banana hammock. But, a few thoughts:

• We were just saying that we can't keep buying players in their early 30s who we won't be able to sell for any cash - with Campos, we got two cups and 800k out of the player. It's not terrible business.
  • Campos was looking for a long-term contract, and I doubt we would have extended him past another year (and certainly not for the 1mm/year + bonuses he's reportedly getting in Turkey)
  • We don't know yet how Lucescu will handle the wingers situation. But there's plenty of continuity still there. Ideally, younger players like Limnios will continue to improve and make a case for being a starter, right?
  • There are many types of play styles; Campos brought something new and interesting so it's natural to continue wanting that. But we got past Stoch, then we got past Mak, and we'll get over Campos now too. It's up to the coach to figure out what combination of players will do the job vs any particular team.

As for the kid - I have no idea how he'll turn out. His stats aren't terrible, and he seems to be able to run and dribble. The fact that he's been part of Brazil's U20 since he was 18 (though hasn't been called up in 2018) hopefully is a good sign.

BTW, reading now that Pukki is back on.

That's true. Wingers is the easiest position to find good players. And to add, we got past Rodrigues as well.

Posted (edited)

I too am disappointed we are losing Djalma. A really solid player with great work rate. A physical beast too. But as someone else pointed out we got a really good 2 years out of him and we're not prepared to offer a 31 year old 1Mil a season (unless it's Wernbloom 😂

But if this Jaba kid is worth 4-5 mil, you'd have to assume he is a star/has ridiculous potential for us to sell him for 15-20mil one day. 
I too find it unusual that that we would splash out 5 mil out of the blue for a player. Is this a statement of intent from Savvidis that he wants Champions league qualification/A real sustained run at the title? Hard to know without having seen this kid play, but if this is true then the financial commitment is defs there from Savvidis. (not that i ever doubted his financial commitment to PAOK but this would be taking it to a new level) 

Edited by paokarag4

My best guess is that Savvidis is jumping the gun.  In the same way as when we got Huub and Stoch and various other signings over the years.  In the same way that we hired Stanojevic last season.  What happened this season was all due to Lucescu.  Hopefully I'm wrong.  We'll know once he plays ... you can't hide on the pitch.

Posted (edited)

I still think a long-term Stoch would have been great, had we had the administration and coach around the team. Stoch wasn't the problem, it was Huub being on vacation mode + Tzavellas + all the other drama around those teams.

Jaba signed for FIVE years: https://inpaok.com/459579/zaba-pentaetias-ston-paok-pic/

-edit- I'm also seeing that Conde is going to Saudi Arabia (rumor), just as Blackhawk said.

Also: Deligiannidis has been announced on loan by OFI. I really hope they use him as an attacking midfielder

Small rumors here and there about Warda, reportedly some Italian and Spanish teams are interested

Edited by pash

Hopefully no minimum release clause for the kid.

Official announcement on Leo Jaba will be made tomorrow due to some paperwork issues according to KFNS.
In other fake news it is reported that the actual price for Jaba's purchase was around 2 mil. Now who is telling the truth I don't know.

In the meantime little Savvidis posted on instagram a pic of Jaba with PAOK jersey and number 98.

Lucescu decided that Chatziisaias will not travel with the team to Holland and suggested that he should be loaned.

Also it is reported that Pukki is on his way to Thessaloniki with his agent to close the deal. I believe Conde deal is off the table. 

Posted (edited)

Lucescu is going to announce the first set of people who will travel to the Netherlands by EOD today, right?

-edit- looks like it was just announced. Will post it in the preseason thread.

Edited by pash

Posted (edited)

Good find, blackhawk! I figured the #10 would go to Jaba. Assuming Henrique stays and retains his #11.

Does anyone know why Shabli (sp?), the Ukranian agent of Matos and Shakhov, was in so many pictures and videos of Jaba? I don't believe he represents him, as they both are listed under different companies.

-edit- forgot that Jaba took the #98

Edited by pash

Posted (edited)

Woot woot

In answer to my earlier question, I guess the two agents are working together on this one. That part of the business seems so interesting to me, wonder where I can learn more...

cornacini.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=663,299&ss

-edit- release clause in Jaba's contract is 20 million

Edited by pash

Anybody heard how much we will pay him? If the release clause is 20 mil it has to be quite high.

I don't really get this move....but then again I'm not a talent scout.  Seems like overpaying for an unexperienced, young, inexperienced player.  Ok, so he's fast....so is the Brazilian kid who did the cement work on my house, but speed does not make a superstar.  I'm not saying the kid isn't or won't be great, I just feel like we over payed.  Not sure what other offers he had though.

Lookit you, big man... Living in a cement house and all

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

I don't really get this move....but then again I'm not a talent scout.  Seems like overpaying for an unexperienced, young, inexperienced player.  Ok, so he's fast....so is the Brazilian kid who did the cement work on my house, but speed does not make a superstar.  I'm not saying the kid isn't or won't be great, I just feel like we over payed.  Not sure what other offers he had though.

I think they would not take a chance with that kind of money....I'm sure he will be a big hit.   

Karabag (Quarabag?) wanted Glykos, who seems to really not want to move there. Not surprised.

InPAOK reporting that Atromitos wants Koulouris on loan. Personally, if we can't send him somewhere overseas, that's where I'd want him.

Atromitos owner Spanos said today that the Koulouris deal is on. PAOK asked not to announce it officially until forward (Pukki?) is announced. Spanos also said that Chatziisaia will stay on as long as he extends his contract with PAOK.

Saw a post by Voria.gr earlier today that said Reading was interested in Pukki. I say let them have him. I'd rather see Mistakidis as the backup CF. He's better than Koulouris, and more versatile.

This depends also with Prijovic's situation. If Prijo is not ready for the games against Basel and we go with Mistakidis, then who is going to protect the player and the team if we don't manage to progress?