Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Doesn't seem Lamprou is going to stick around. Panathinaikos wants him (which we should NOT let happen). Also funny considering how some of those guys seem to feel about him.

He also has offers from abroad.

Warda / Jaba / Limnios / El Kaddouri / Biseswar / Pelkas <-- we have a lot of depth at ACM/winger, honestly we *should* send this guy out. Depressing that there's only two Greeks in that list.

-edit- I should clarify that we are looking to loan him, not sell

Edited by pash

They're newly promoted to the first division over there, though I'm sure Dutch Eagle can give us much better info than what I can find on google. Lamprou is sure to get a TON of playing time with them.

Edited by pash

Can i ask this...of all our starters today, how many players were here last year? All of them.  Going into the offseason Savvidis promised Lucescu a "limitless budget".  And we got what? Depth on the bench.  Which  signing is a starter? Jaba? Not really.  Akpom? Probably not...then who?

This has nothing to do with our loss...its something i was discussimg a week ago with a friend.  

You have to consider how difficult it is to bring a top player to Greece these days. There three types of player that come to Greece:

- The pensioner who is 31-32+ and is seeking a last pay out (Wernbloom)

- The restarter who was at a big club, didn't make it and now needs to restart and prove his worth (Akpom)

- The young uncut diamond who is basically looking for his make or break opportunity in Europe (Jaba)

Edited by Athens4

38 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

Can i ask this...of all our starters today, how many players were here last year? All of them.  Going into the offseason Savvidis promised Lucescu a "limitless budget".  And we got what? Depth on the bench.  Which  signing is a starter? Jaba? Not really.  Akpom? Probably not...then who?

This has nothing to do with our loss...its something i was discussimg a week ago with a friend.  

The only positions we really needed starters were Canas and Crespo. We got Khacheridi and Pontus, but for different reasons they end up not being used. In the first case Crespo seemed in better shape and in the latter we waited for too long for a specific player. Don't think is Savvidis fault (who has no idea of football anyway), but those who make the decisions. I cannot say Savvidis didn't spend money. If you calculate transfer fees and salaries for Jaba, Pontus, Khacheridi, Akpom it is quite something, but unfortunately no one was able to help in CL qualification. I hope they will do in the long season we will be having.

Thats my point.  Why is everyone so disappointed when we never built a team to compete in CL?  We knew we had the harder road to the group stages and didnt improve the team.

With that being said, with a little luck PAOK has potential to go through the group stages and maybe even to the 16...with a little luck.

We have the team to win the Championship, and have an easier road to CL GROUPS next year, but again, we would have to make some big moves to avoid having a φάπα fest in CL groups.

On 8/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, pash said:

They're newly promoted to the first division over there, though I'm sure Dutch Eagle can give us much better info than what I can find on google. Lamprou is sure to get a TON of playing time with them.

I would loan our players to clubs like ours. No clubs that fight against relegation all year, like Fortuna. Fortuna is also a club that has been dissolved almost a few times last 20 years while being in the second tier, only to be rescued by miracles or a charity match organised by Mark van Bommel against his former club Bayern München. They were almost so dead that Michael van Praag (president of the Dutch FA) recalled them as dissolved professional team while they weren’t (but by an inch). Last year they suddenly revived under coach Sunday Oliseh (former 020-striker and Nigeria international) and a Turkish owner but they ended in court with a catfight when Oliseh suddenly was sacked. I would recommanded another more reliable club. In the Netherlands or somewhere else.

Ouch. I guess we'll see how this turns out after all.

Seeing on a bunch of sites that we're linked with Lazar Markovic. Plays right wing, inPAOK says we're offering 2mm + 30% resale on a 3-year contract...but some English sites are saying this is a loan. I don't think we need this guy, personally.

You'd think between Jaba/Warda/Bieseswar/Limnios we have enough cover out wide. Not to mention El Kaddouri, although I don't love him out wide Lucescu has shown he doesn't mind playing him there. We also have Lamprou hanging around so surely we are more than covered

Don't know how I feel about Markovic, he's been a bit of a flop since leaving Benfica.

He is only 24 and I'd like him to prove me completely wrong if he came to PAOK but at this stage I'm still unsure...I'm hearing it's only a loan anyway.

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

You'd think between Jaba/Warda/Bieseswar/Limnios we have enough cover out wide. Not to mention El Kaddouri, although I don't love him out wide Lucescu has shown he doesn't mind playing him there. We also have Lamprou hanging around so surely we are more than covered

LAmbrou has been loaned out I think.  I think Biseswar and even El Kaddouri  are more a subs for Pelkas, which we'll need with League, Cup and Europe matches.  If it's a loan then not a bad option...if he turns out to be great, then great...if not, it won't be a catastrophe.