Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Gossip on inpaok about Sporting interested in Prijovic.  Sounds like Benfica playing tricks to me.  On a side note, I think, and hope, the days of us selling key players cheaply are over.

— edit —

ipad auto correct is brain dead.

Edited by Bananas

If someone gives 10 million Prijovic is gone. And I am fine with it. That's how football works. If we can manage to buy someone for 1,9 and sell him for 10, I am very very happy. Of course because I know that Savvidis is going to bring a solid replacement.

As for El Kaddouri or Warda. I really hope Warda doesn't leave the club. Especially for 2 or 2,5 million. I think this kid should stay and we should invest on him as a team. He really has the potential. He can help the team and he can be sold for at least two or three times that money. And he is one of the few that is still in a young age on our roster.

Agreed. The idea of him going out on loan is also frankly insulting. If you're gonna make an offer, make an offer. But we sure as s%$#! don't need to loan him out. Especially since Lucescu decided to keep him over Henrique without even having seen him train.

You people are crazy.  Or should I say CRAY CRAY amerikanakia.  Sell Prijo for 10.  I wouldn’t even entertain the thought for anything under 15+.

And as far as selling him goes do you do it now when you’ve never been closer to CL ? All it’s going to take is us getting into CL and these stupid clubs around the world will start throwing money at our players ... because they can.

If I believed strikers like Prijo are that easy to find I wouldn’t mind selling him so much. I just don’t think they are that easy to find.  The guy is gold paidia.  Ksipniste.

Hopefully we don’t sell either Warda or El Khaddouri.  EK had a very average season last season, but you can see he has quality about him.  Also he was injured and just didn’t get into a proper rhythm.  I’m not convinced yet that he hasn’t got more to give.  I’d like to see him with us for one more season.  As for Warda, he ain’t proved jack yet. I think people are getting dazzled over his dribbling.  Let’s see how the rest of his game develops before we put him on a pedestal.

11 hours ago, Bananas said:

You people are crazy.  Or should I say CRAY CRAY amerikanakia.  Sell Prijo for 10.  I wouldn’t even entertain the thought for anything under 15+.

And as far as selling him goes do you do it now when you’ve never been closer to CL ? All it’s going to take is us getting into CL and these stupid clubs around the world will start throwing money at our players ... because they can.

If I believed strikers like Prijo are that easy to find I wouldn’t mind selling him so much. I just don’t think they are that easy to find.  The guy is gold paidia.  Ksipniste.

Obviously we didn't mean to sell Prijovic before the Benfica games. And no one wants to sell such a guy.

I am just saying if a team from France or Germany or wherever comes and pays the 10 million, do you think Prijovic will say no?

If we were playing Champions League (basically if we were Olympiakos of previous seasons) we would be able to sell players for 15 million or more. But as of now we have only sold players for 3 or 4 millions tops. I don't think we will be able to sell someone for 15 million before the team makes it to the Champions League. And the wins against Basel and Spartak are definitely towards that direction.

I wouldn't be shocked if it was Mauricio given the rumours that have been swirling around and given we now have plenty of depth in that position.

That being said it would still be the wrong move IMO, if we want a serious run in Europe and to compete for the league again he is exactly the type of player we need to hold onto. 

Very doubtful that it's El Kaddouri now, as the Italian transfer window closed on the 17th. They can still sign free agents, so if El Kaddouri leaves, we either have to release him or sell him to another country entirely.

Mauricio is a great player. Only scumbags like Raptopoulos were criticizing him unfairly last year. I would love for him to stay and make a difference this year! And actually if he goes then we have a problem in that position. Pontus, Shakhov, Canas will be the only ones left plus Charisis who will allegedly be loaned out. You cannot go anywhere with only those three midfielders.

Looks like Tosca will be our next signing.  I’m feeling a bit meh about this one.  I was really really really hoping and wishing we’d get Stafylidis.  Tosca’s second position is as a CB so I’m guessing he’s nothing like Matos or Vieirinha in terms of attacking ability.

On the plus side, he's just a loan. Buy out is 1.3mm, which doesn't sound too bad. This isn't so different from my hope at us taking Stafylidis on loan for a year until we got the li'l guy back.

Mistakidis has been announced as heading out to Giannina by PAOK as well, signed and everything. It's a real shame that Giannina is the only place we could find for him, but at least he'll get a ton of game time.

Just noticed on the team's website that Charisis renewed his contract before going out on loan, through 6/2020. They didn't mention a clause, but I can't imagine it's less than last year (1.2mm? 1.4mm?)

Checking out his performance on transfermarkt he’s played the majority of his games as a CB in the past 2 seasons.  Having said that he’s played in stronger leagues so he could be quite capable as a LB in the GSL.

Edited by Bananas

14 hours ago, Tahma said:

Apparently Stafylidis is open to a proposal from us, says he hasn't received anything but is willing to discuss after 10 days.

Anyone have anything further on Tosca?

Where did you see that Stafylidis is interested ?  It would certainly make things interesting.  I’d go so far as to say if (and it’s a big if) we sign Stafylidis, we’ll win the league.  The depth in the squad would be so strong.

Edited by Bananas