Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

The Wernbloom signing must mean the end for Charisi for this season. Canas and Shakhov will become our depth options and I'm assuming Xarisis will be loaned out again. We still have Moulin as well, but he doesn't seem to be in Lucescu's plans at all. 

Unless one of them is content to be 5th choice and spend most of this season on the sidelines. 

Moulin, who is that ? Just kidding.  Yeah not sure what is going on with him.   He couldn’t possibly be another Levek ?  He was actually highly rated from what I remember.

Regarding Charisis, I don’t see any scenario where stays with the team this season.  I’m hoping he goes on loan and plays another full season (like last season) preferably outside of Greece.  He’s definitely 5th choice and if you include Moulin then he’s 6th choice.

What is interesting is an interview he gave recently where he said he’d made mistakes while he was in Greece.  He didn’t elaborate but the implication was that he wasn’t professional and seeing how it was in Belgium opened up his eyes.

Next year could be his year.  I believe Canas and Shakhov contracts both expire next season (pretty sure anyway) and I don’t see us renewing either.  They’ve been good players, solid enough without lighting the world on fire.  Helpfully Charisis is ready at that point to take one of the spots.  If he’s not ready by then, then I fear he’ll have missed his chance to play for us ever again.

Moulin hasn't played for the same reason Charisis hasn't. Lucescu has two midfielders he will always start, and one that he will throw on as a sub (Shakhov). I don't see that changing for the foreseeable future. Moulin seemed pretty good from what very little I saw, but there's absolutely no reason to keep him now. Release or sell him, and loan out Charisis - assuming Wernbloom passes his medical.

Poor Apkom, came here to play with his buddy and now the guy's out. I just hope we don't terminate Charisis' contract.

As for Shakhov/Canas - there is a small chance we'll sell Canas sooner than later, if the rumors at the beginning of the season were true. Personally wouldn't be surprised if we extend Shakhov, I think we can make some money off him in the future.

Fair point about possibly extending Shakhov’s contract.  Age is on his side and I noticed Lucescu praised him quite highly in the post match interview against Spartak.

Maybe Moulin might get more game time if Canas goes.  Having said that I believe Moulin is an 8 so he’s not really a like for like replacement for Canas.

It's a shame Wernbloom didn't sign last month like he was supposed to....he'd probably be ready to play against Benfica, or at least sub in.  I don't see him being ready to go for either of these important matches.  On a side note, watching his highlight video's bring a sour taste in my mouth because Natkho's ugly mug is in most of the footage.  

Also, is there an update on the kid from Arsenal?  Has he been practicing, etc?

Edited by BostonThanatos

On 8/3/2018 at 3:54 PM, pash said:

Vrakas, from our U17/U20 side, was tried out by Napoli. There's a chance they will buy him, which would be great for him. Since we no longer use Greek players, it would also be great to sell our youth guys to a team like Napoli.

Looks like it's official, kid's moving to Napoli. Joining their Primavera squad. Great accomplishment by him, hopefully he grows to his full potential.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Miguel Valoso's name is swirling around.  plays LB and DM... 

I know very little about him, but isn't he more of a DM than a LB? Also, he's 32. That would be in keeping with the experienced free agent vibe that Michel has, but it would be a tough ask to make him a long-term option for us. Unless we really want to get rid of Canas.

2 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Also, is there an update on the kid from Arsenal?  Has he been practicing, etc?

Not only has he been practicing, he was also in the squad in the game with Spartak. He will be used mostly as a sub for Prijovic and I don't see that happening until we start playing SL games.

The big plus with him, is that he hasn't missed any training with his last team - it's just a matter of getting him to the point where Lucescu is happy with his understanding of his system. Akpom should fit in well, he will be much more effective when playing deep than the (much slower) Prijovic is. I bet he'll get subbed in a few times in the first handful of games in the SL.

Moulin is going on loan, don't know where yet. He's already left Thessaloniki.

This means at midfield we have: Canas, Shakhov, Wernbloom, Mauricio, Charisis. Charisis still likely to go IMO

On 8/16/2018 at 12:40 PM, pash said:

Looks like it's official, kid's moving to Napoli. Joining their Primavera squad. Great accomplishment by him, hopefully he grows to his full potential.

We did not get any money for him. Free transfer.

Moulin is going to Turkey. 

After him and Mihojevic I expect loans for Glykos (possibly even sale or release from contract) and Mystakidis.

Michel today hinted at a possible sale of a starter. Most likely El Kaddouri or Warda.