Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Savvidis said 2-3 more transcripts are incoming. So I guess that confirms we'll see yet another winger, as Wernbloom is all but done (they apparently are picky on residences and so that is holding it up).

Stafylidis once again is being discussed. That would be a great transfer. Plus, we then don't need another winger as Vieirinha can also cover that position. If we get Wernblum and Stafylidis our roster will be complete!

To be fair only inpaok has been saying they are looking at another winger.

I am totally in favor of Staphylidis. Better than the Romanian guy (who says there's nothing behind the rumors). Even for a loan, since Giannoulis is coming back next year.

Wernbloom might be off the table soon, judging by the four-day ultimatum we gave him and Savvidis' Instagram post. This guy really doesn't want to play for us, why are we trying so hard?

Seems like his wife is having a major say in the negotiations. Surely this hold up can't be about where they are going to live? 
Last I read Wernbloom left Thessaloniki saying "I'll give you an answer in a few days" and PAOK has taken that as disrespect as we wanted an answer upfront hence flying him in to hash out the final details. 

Even if his answer is a good one, not sure the offer will still be there; it seems he has ticked off the powers at be one too many times. No doubt of his ability as a player but he really has lead us on a good old fashioned song and dance. 

Edited by paokarag4

I know I sound like a broken record, but:

On 7/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, pash said:

Wernblum linked with Lazio and Fiorentina. Now that he has our offer in hand, he can ask them for 10% less and come out looking like a saint.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, pash said:

Wernblum never wanted to come to us anyway. We're just a way to raise the minimum offers other teams will give.

If he gets an offer from anywhere else - ANYWHERE else - he'll jump on it. Hell, he'd do it for a fraction of what we're offering.

On 8/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Yiankos said:

Το καλό είναι ότι έτσι τρελαίνεται ο Πόντιος και θα φέρει καλύτερο!

Ha ha ha.  I hope you’re right.

i don’t know how to read this situation.  I mean, maybe Wernbloom is being honest and just saying he needs a few days to think it over.  That’s fair enough ... if true.  I suppose our problem, as fans, is we’ve been burnt in the past in these situations where the player uses our offer to get a better offer.

If that happens, it happens.  What more can the club do ?  For once I feel the club has really tried their best to get him and that’s all I want and expect.  Having said that, I think he’d be a SUPER signing.  He’d be the first “tough” guy we’ve had in the midfield since Garcia.

It looks like the Sabo transfer hasn't happened. Or rather, he's with them, but they didn't pay us. Very strange by them, especially considering that he's apparently played twice this season already (EL games).

The transfer happened, but the Jews are not paying. Same situation as with Galata concerning Rodrigues. PAOK should just mention FIFA and you'll see how quick an installment arrangement for the 300K will be set up.

Wernbloom used PAOK to get a better deal. Let's see if anybody bites. There are mentions of Galatasaray is after him. PAOK should have gave him an ultimatum long time ago.

Rumors of more Wernbloom....wish this would just be over already. At this point, if we make it to the group stage, it would not be with his help. Which would show how unnecessary he is. If we don't, well, it shows how much we screwed up giving him that kind of time.

I’m not sure what to make of the Wernbloom saga anymore.  Based on his MO he was exactly the sort of player we need.  But after everything that’s happened I can’t say if we should have him anymore.

The last thing we need is a player coming into the team that the squad doesn’t want.  The harmony of a squad is often overlooked and is more important than we think.

I can only say that I hope Lucescu has input into the signing as I have full faith in his ability to assess these situations.  The team harmony under him has been exceptional.

It's apparent Wernmbloom was waiting for an offer from somewhere else (England?) and it never came. He is now kissing ass in order to get his hands on the over bloated contract that PAOK is offering him.

One thing is for sure. If we do sign him, he better turn out to be a great player or he will face the zombies at Toumba.

He is 32. What is he thinking? We give him a 3-year contract with slightly less than 2 million per year from what I understand. What is he expecting? English team to offer him 3-year contract??? When has that ever happened in football history?

Honestly, if the team wants to really blow my mind, they'd get Stafylidis on a one-year loan. I know he's on the last year of his contract, but him extending with his current club and then coming here for this season would be perfect for us (at least until Giannoulis is available next year).

• Like it 1

Wernbloom into the starting XI vs Benfica instead of the sloppy Canas? Or too much of a short turn around? 
I've always liked Canas, but he just gives the ball away too much and at the higher level (Europe) teams will make us pay. 

So assuming Wernbloom is finally done, Canas will become a depth option which is probably what he should be. 

5 hours ago, pash said:

Honestly, if the team wants to really blow my mind, they'd get Stafylidis on a one-year loan. I know he's on the last year of his contract, but him extending with his current club and then coming here for this season would be perfect for us (at least until Giannoulis is available next year).

Yeah man!  Stafylidis rotating with Vieirinha.  It doesn't get better than that.

45 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Wernbloom into the starting XI vs Benfica instead of the sloppy Canas? Or too much of a short turn around? 
I've always liked Canas, but he just gives the ball away too much and at the higher level (Europe) teams will make us pay. 

So assuming Wernbloom is finally done, Canas will become a depth option which is probably what he should be. 

If Wernbloom is even half the player I've read about, then he'll be twice as good as Canas.  Putting the saga to one side, and the question of his contract length and wages, he'll be an awesome signing.  Canas is great for the GSL, but once we start playing serious teams he can struggle.

You know I am not a fan of Crespo or Canas. But they are solid as backup. And with 50 matches in the season, we need those players. They will actually make a huge difference. You put Canas against Levadeiakos and you put the blondie in Europe and the big matches in Greece.

• Like it 1