Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Our former goalkeeper Robin Olsen is apparently close to joining Roma to replace Alisson. We hold 20% of his resale value, so according to Contra we stand to net 2.4-3.4 million. Depending of course on what the final price is. 

Also the Karelis rumours have reappeared, reports coming out of Belgium that we are into him. I personally wouldn't mind him as a back-up, he was in great form with Genk 18 months ago before injuring his knee. He's worth the risk IMO if he was to come at a decent price, but Genk value him at 5 mil, which would never happen. Maybe a loan move will eventuate? 

Olsen

Karelis

Olsen!  Wow!  Who would’ve thunk it.  I can only assume the WC makes clubs go stupid.

To be fair Olsen isn’t that bad a keeper.  I just think he cracked under pressure at PAOK.  But at the same time Roma paying 12 million is just ridiculous.  But hey, I’m not complaining.

Cut that cheque for 2.4 million clams.

Goalkeeper is a difficult story. Lately I am concerned if Pashalakis will continue to improve. It's really important to have a solid GK and know that he will always be there. For some reason I doubt Pashalakis will actually play the entire year as a starter.

There were people in the dressing room that did not want Olsen at PAOK and they made things very unfriendly for him. All I have to mention is the clique that was pretty much dissolved when Tzavellas was given the boot. The clique wanted a certain goalie to be no. 1. Sadly that goalie is still on the team. 

Anyway if Olsen can bring money to the team it will be great. Rodrigues could be next to bring us cash.

We already made over 1 mil from sales this transfer period. Sabo, Leovac (300K each), Campos (600K). I am sure we got some money from the Jairo as well. 

Until recently transfermarket had him on our squad. Since last week he is on the Beitar list, which I would assume that the deal has been completed.

Not only that he has also played in 2 Europa League games for Beitar this season.

I think Mihojevic will be loaned out. With Varela, Crespo, Khacheridi and Malezas I think we are covered in that position. Back up for Vierinha on LB is where we need help.

Also today there is a rumor that Mauricio will be sold after the Basel game, but I thin it's just 

1749244008_FakeNews1.jpg.90a68434da6cb2dabeb5ab478189bddb.jpg

Absolutely not. Mauricio is one of our best players. Charisis has a lot of improvement to do before he can be a starter in that position. Even if Mauricio leaves (hope not) we need to replace him with someone as good as him, if not better.

The rumor is spread by his agent that. He claims that some Qatari team is willing to offer 3 mil to PAOK and 8 mil/3-year contract to the player. He claims that the offer will be presented to PAOK after the Basel game. PAE PAOK says that nobody has talked to them about Mauricio.

Looks like the agent is looking to make a fast buck. Not sure what Mauricio's buyout clause is, but the team needs to make an announcement that if he brings the buyout money he can go wherever he wants. If they let things like that drag out only the team suffers.

I'm not too worried about the Maurico rumours at this stage, that just seem to be as blackhawk said fake news. 

We have been linked to Romanian left back Alin Tosca, who currently plays at Real Betis. He spent the last 6 months of last season on loan at Serie A club Benevento who was eventually relegated. 

The more I watch Vieirinha bomb forward and look so dangerous in attack, and the ease in which he seems to beat players (he looked sharp v Basel) I can't get over the feeling that we are losing out playing him at left back. 

So whether Tosca is the one or not we need to sign one asap. Vieirinha will be a huge asset in his natural position on the wing. SIGN A LEFT BACK!!!!!

Mauricio was/is openly criticized by our football experts (Raptopoulos) but I think he is crucial for our midfield. I don't believe Charisis is anywhere close to the abilities of Mauricio. And I sincerely believe that the more he plays, the more he will show this year.