Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Apparently PAOK received 600K from Alanyaspor for Campos. Not bad for a player that had only 1 year contract left with the team. I don't think it was in our interest to sign him to a new 3-year contract and that's why he left.

Norwich has announced Pukki. Thank God. Now on to real players.

Onsports also wrote earlier that Lucescu has decided to keep Mistakidis this season. The deadline for a PAO loan elapses tonight at any rate, but I'm sure if an offer comes from elsewhere they'll consider it. I really want him to stay, obviously

I don't how I feel about Wernbloom, I understand he's got great experience and is a solid DM but he's already 32. I'd rather take on Natcho who is a few years younger or someone else.

Sick of signing 30+ year olds

I don't think we need him, personally. The team is complete. I'd also rather Mistakidis as striker when Prijovic is being rested, as I think he's better at that job than Koulouris is (who should obviously be loaned).

I think we need another midfielder. I would take Wernbloom in a heart beat, although I agree his age is a little concerning. But that's the path we've taken (in most cases) the last 2 seasons at least. Experienced players who need minimal time to adapt and can have an immediate impact. 

As for Mysta being the no.2 striker, I'm still not sold that's his best position. I think he's best spot is similar to Pelkas, playing as a 10 but not quite a classic no.10 like Biseswar. Regardless if Prijo stays on, with Mysta's injury record I wouldn't feel safe going into the season with just 2 recognized strikers. Defs need to sign someone

Yes, I agree that his more natural role is as a second striker. But even out of position, I think he outdoes Koulouris.

Regardless - inpaok is now claiming that Conde isn't going to Saudi Arabia now. I say we jump on this chance.

I also agree on the Mysta point, I personally like him on the ball more as oppose to just running onto a through ball or cross from the midfield.

Interesting time ahead...I hope we can make maybe 1 or 2 killer signings.

Edited by Tahma

No word yet. I don't see him getting chosen over Limnios. And if Mistakidis stays, no room for him. At the beginning of preseason he was heavily tapped to be loaned again. He's looked pretty good though.

• Like it 1

That is the perfect crash test for Koulouris!

The guy had a lot of potential but I am afraid he will never reach it.

The problem was Salpi. When he came, Klaus started becoming like Salpi. And then Koulouris started becoming like Klaus. It was a typical domino effect. Because don't forget that you get things from your teammates and the way they practice and perform. I seriously believe Klaus got some of his moves from Muslimovic.

Mauricio's agent is saying there is interest in him. Who knows if that's true. Personally I'm not a huge fan of him so if we are otherwise settled this December, I'd totally be up for selling. Not for this summer, though.

We signed 17-year old Kyriakos Giaxis from Panserraikos. The youngster is a midfielder and a regular for Greece’s U17-squad. He signed a 3-year contract as a free agent after his club was relegated. He is a prospect for the future and will initially play for our U20’s.

Seeing all sorts of things about Berg again. I really doubt any of it is true. The latest rumors are that his current team bought a new striker (for some serious money) because they need to replace him. However, this doesn't square with earlier reports that they wanted to get rid of him because they can't afford the wage bill. Can't have it both ways, reporters.

Other rumors are that Michel wasn't lying about wanting to hold on to Mak, and that we might yet see him return. If that happens, I'm sure both Mistakidis and Lamprou will be loaned out again.

It looks like the Henrique situation has moved pretty quickly. Went from a few sites saying that Lucescu seems to prefer Warda, to Astana (Kazakhstan) thinking about offering to take him on loan (with us not being interested) to a complete agreement between them, us, and Henrique to send him out for another year. All in the course of a few hours.

Reportedly the terms are the same as last season's loan - they will pay his full wages + are agreeing to a 5mm buyout option.

Sport FM posted the first few last night, then inPAOK posted contradictory articles earlier today, 63 minutes apart.

Unless you're looking for pictures of my tzatziki, in which case GROW UP, YOU AUSTRIAN FREAK!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pash said:

Sport FM posted the first few last night, then inPAOK posted contradictory articles earlier today, 63 minutes apart.

Unless you're looking for pictures of my tzatziki, in which case GROW UP, YOU AUSTRIAN FREAK!

I'm a taramosalata fan myself