Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Very true. We have to many players. They should be notified right away if they will be part of the team or not. I hope we will not stall this summer. Lucescu and Michel have to coordinate and Savvidis has to show the money. I hope we will not get players in the last day of August again.

Αν δεν έχουν σκοπό να τον χρησιμοποιήσουν τι να κάνει όμως; Να φύγει ο άνθρωπος να πάει να παίξει μπάλα. Φυσικά θα προτιμούσα να πάει εξωτερικό, αλλά δε νομίζω ότι υπάρχει περίπτωση ομάδα εξωτερικού να πάρει παίχτη μετά από τέτοιο τραυματισμό.

Another good question. Probably a loan, I'd think.

Kace again linked with PAO. They want him on loan since they can't afford him. And also want us to pay 150k of his salary.

21 hours ago, pash said:

Kace again linked with PAO. They want him on loan since they can't afford him. And also want us to pay 150k of his salary.

These loans where we pay the full salaries have to stop as well. Tell PAO that Kace will be set free for a little sum (let's say 100 - 200K). That way both teams benefit as our friend JVC wants us to believe. 

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

These loans where we pay the full salaries have to stop as well. Tell PAO that Kace will be set free for a little sum (let's say 100 - 200K). That way both teams benefit as our friend JVC wants us to believe. 

Not only that, but our overall squad level has improved to the point where it's very difficult to see the loan players ever making it.  Players like Kitsiou, Charisis, Mystakidis (sorry pash) no problem two years ago.  They were squad players or even starters.  Now ?  A bit hard to see them getting any game time at all.

Campos still linked with Alanyaspor (sp?). If there's a good offer, why not. This is the same team that reportedly wanted him midseason...just saw a post that says he's already agreed terms with them, but who knows

Khacheridi's signing means the end of one of our centre backs, you would think. Either Crespo or Malezas. 
Not sure I'm a huge fan of signing 30+ year olds constantly. The positive is they are experienced and match harden. There is obviously no long term future though, or potential to resell and make some $$ 
Although in Greece this is always a quick turn over of squads anyways. The fact that we could potentially be going into next season with 5-6 of our starting XI the same as they were back in 16-17 is unheard of in these parts! 

As for Djalma, I'd vote keep him. I know he's going into the last year of his contract and we could lose him for nothing at the end of the season but he's defs a valuable player and brings some physicality to the wing. 

Edited by paokarag4

27 minutes ago, pash said:

Campos still linked with Alanyaspor (sp?). If there's a good offer, why not. This is the same team that reportedly wanted him midseason...just saw a post that says he's already agreed terms with them, but who knows

Don't buy it.  He's on like 800K with us.  He's just won his first trophies in his career.  He's at a team that is investing and is every chance of winning the league.  And importantly, he's a regular starter and liked by the manager.  For him to leave, man, they must be offering his some serious money.

6 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Khacheridi's signing means the end of one of our centre backs, you would think. Either Crespo or Malezas. 

Honestly, I'd keep all four.  Having a backup of Crespo's quality, you can't ask for more.  I know he get heckled a lot but I've always rated him.  The only bad thing about having these 4 is there is no room for developing a younger player.

@Bananas I agree in theory. You would think Malezas would be happy to play 4th fiddle as he did so most of this season/his career is winding down. I guess the only issue is Crespo happy to start as the no.3 CB playing when the squad is being rotated. 
I don't mind Crespo either, defensively he's generally okay. Can make mistakes, especially on the ball at times. Has a little pace as well which is handy. 

Having those 4 and we are deep in that position full of experience. Will come in handy if we are to compete for the league title/have a run in Europe (make it out of the groups in the Europa league)

Crespo held the defence together most of last season.  Varela was all over the place last season and he was barely fit.  Overweight and all over the place mentally.  It wasn't until Varela woke up this year that he went ahead of Crespo in the pecking order.  We forget what the quality of our defenders was not too long ago, Katsikas, Vitor, Tzavellas.  Not that they were absolutely horrible, but I'll take Crespo over all of them any day of the week.  Happy to have him (a) as a backup (b) for rotation (c) to keep the pressure on in case Varela or Xatseridi get complacent.

As pash wrote PAO wanted Kace and Mystakidis for one more season and fully paid by PAOK. PAOK's response to PAO was to take a hike. And rightly so.

Don't forget that Crespo can also be a backup as a LB if needed in emergency.  I think the odd man out on the CB position is Malezas. Savvidis is probably keeping him for the next season as a bonus for all his services to the team in the past.