Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

We don’t need Srna if it is for SL. We are strong enough without him. In Europe his experience could be interesting, but then again the man is 36. Plus: He is suspended till August 22nd. So he would only be available in PO of CL or EL. If we still are in CL this means he can only play the first leg if this is played on a Wednesday. But without a good preseason (the man is allowed to start training June 22nd) he will lack game-fitness as he won’t play from the end of July when our season starts with the European matches and Lucescu builds his team just to be prepared for these games.

Hope he makes the move, I can't see him getting any time here if he stays.

Srna would not come here cheap. If we need a person to play 5-10 games (all competitions), then we should just stick with Kitsiou. I know we need to be wary of overusing Matos, but this just doesn't seem like a logical solution to me.

Srna is coming from Shakhtar as free agent and will demand hefty salary, but who cares as Ivan has the cash. The reason he is knocking on our door is because of Razvan's father (Mircea) and Michel. Both spent time at Shakhtar and know the player well and probably are doing him a favor after the doping ban. I really don't have a problem with his age as long as he comes to PAOK to play and not to visit the Halkidiki beaches. If he plays at least up to 75% of his past potential we will have unbeatable RB position with him and Matos.

After today's tweet by GSavvidis we can forget about KPaps. Here comes Khacheridi.

• Like it 1

As a back up to Matos he is fine. Let's not forget we had Lino playing until the tender "young" age of 37 as LB. With his experience he can easily give Matos some rest for 10 - 15 games during the season. On top of that it appears he will sign only for 500K per season.

Saw another few articles (copied-and-pasted from each other) that Galatasaray wants to buy out the remaining 20% of Rodrigues' contract that we own, as they believe next year they'll be able to sell him for upwards of 35mm. I believe we are asking for 4mm, which would imply a current valuation of 20 (similar to what I wrote about a few pages back). It sounds like his current club isn't too keen on that amount, but I'd definitely be happy if we do stick to that number.

Srna was only a year or two ago being chased by Barcelona, Man City etc. As has already been pointed out, Ivan has the cash, its a free transfer and the wage is small for a player of his caliber.

He was one of the best right backs in the world not long ago with vast experience at the highest level. We need winners and people with that mentality to take us to the next level. I believe that for the younger players especially, his presence will be invaluable.

• Like it 1

Moving on to other stories - we're also apparently linked with Karelis. I don't see the point in this. if we need someone to play as second striker, we have Pelkas and Mistakidis already. And if we want a backup, Conde will likely be cheaper anyway.

From what I understand, Koulouris is likely to be loaned (as he was supposed to last year, before we gave Klaus away). If they still want to do that, we'll need two strikers.

Hatziisaias reportedly on the radar of Fulham and Hull. I like this guy and would prefer him to us getting yet another foreign player, but if the English want him, he'd surely jump at the chance. If he doesn't play for us next year, that's where I'd like him to go.

My prediction is that Srna is not coming to PAOK. He left Thessaloniki not only not signing with the team he did not even go through the medical tests. He either used us to get a better deal somewhere else, or Lucescu told him he will not be a starter and he did not like that.

Now that Srna is not coming, I would like to say also that the age of a player is subjective to what they can do in the field.

There are plenty of players who played extremely well up to their 40. Especially defenders. Srna was a top-notch player. The only question would be if he wants to play or to come for vacation. And also if the coach wants him. We already had a Berbatov case. But 36 means nothing if the player is solid. I am not saying he is. Probably he is not. But if you would bring me Maldini or Totti, or Scholes at their 36 I would be the happiest man in the world.

4 hours ago, Yiankos said:

And also if the coach wants him.

I read that the coach wanted to make it clear that Matos was the #1, and Srna wasn't as enthused about joining us after he learned that. If nobody picks him up for a better deal, he'll come back.

Pashalakis now linked with Sporting Lisbon. It's their sale to Napoli that reportedly knocked Pashalakis out of contention for that position.

PAO reportedly wants Deligiannidis. Since he's contracted through 2020, I'm hoping that means we'd only consider a loan. Ideally, he'd get loaned there, find his way to playing his real position, and come back a replacement for Pelkas when we sell him for 10 million. A guy can dream, right?

They're also interested in Hatzidimbas, who I believe is a free agent now that he's out of the U20s. I'll go out on a limb and guess that he didn't sign a new contract because he knew of their interest.

Erik Sabo was intended to be sold to Beitar Trump Jerusalem, contingent on them paying a small fee. Oddly, he has told teammates in recent days that he won't be there next season. No idea what's going on there.

Leovac's new (old) club still wants to buy him, but they don't want to pay him the 500k/year that he's making now. Seems they'll try to offer less than his purchase clause to make up the difference. I hope if they try that, that we don't play along. Wouldn't be the first player we've sat on.