Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Looks like Eric Sabo who is on loan to Beitar Jerusalem will be sold to the team from Israel. The are offering around 300K to purchase the player outright. Should be a no brainer.

Yes, get rid of Sabo. Never up to our level.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:16 AM, Bananas said:

- Is Hatseridi even that good ?  There has been a lot of fuss over him.  I'll be happy if he's at the same level that Varela has been this season.

- KP very little chance.  He's on 2.5 million now at his current club.  If he does come to us it means he couldn't get a better offer elsewhere, which is fair enough.

- Warda is a tricky one.  Anything over say 2 million would be good business.  But his form has been very good this season.  Then again we have an abundance of wingers and there is still Henrique to return also, although there have been media stories about Qarabag wanting to buy him.

- Assuming the Napoli story has any truth to it, the only player I would imagine they could be interested in is Pelkas.  They are a very high level team.

Hatseridi isn't worth it. Give us a replacement for Crespo and I'll be satisfied.

Kpaps too good for Greece, he'll push the will-he-won't-he narrative that Vieirinha did for so long, and then eventually sign for us when he's ready for one final pay day.

I wouldn't mind keeping Warda but we still have too many such players. If we get a good offer, I say we sell.

Prijo obviously will be gone in a few months. Hopefully we get some serious cash for him.

Other players - I think we'll extend Biseswar, and take Henrique back (I don't think we'll get 5mm for him). Pelkas won't be playing here next season, mark my words. He'll be either in Italy or Germany. With Pelkas gone, room would open up for Warda in the squad, but I think Lucescu is going to very seriously think about his past actions, if Warda is even available (not sold).

As for Mak - I think Zenit would sell him at a cut rate price. If they do, I want him back. I love the guy.

Maybe most interesting to me - what will happen to players like Kitsiou and Charisis? I doubt either will want to return after tasting a more civilized league. If Shakhov goes (wouldn't surprise me if we get an offer), Charisis would get a good chance at being a regular starter. We still need a good backup for Matos, though I wonder if Kitsiou is that player.

Basically, you talk how we can maintain our current level or even get a little worse as a team. I hope we will try to improve the current squad and if we lost such players as Prijovic and  Pelkas I hope we will get even better than them.

Also, I agree with the Ukranian center back, I don't want him either. But please, if we don't bring a real center back and we go with Crespo it's a suicide. I am praying every day that Canas and Crespo won't mess up with the cup final. I am really worried they will do the huge mistake that will lead to a AEX goal.

Crespo, Canas have to go or considered substitute players at best next year. I would prefer to sell players as Henrique and Warda if we get good cash. But mainly, we need a center back and a defensive midfield. Plus we need a solid left back and move Vieirinha up front.

I'm not pushing for us to get worse. At the same time, the only way we'll have a wholesale change in the squad will be if something disastrous happens. Consistency allows the team to gel and get better and better. If we lose Prijo and Pelkas, then I expect the team to buy some seriously good players to replace them.

I actually prefer Vieirinha as left back.  If you were the opposition full back, who would you prefer to have to mark.  Mak and Vierinha or Vieirinha and Azevedo/Leovac.  It's like you're playing with 2 wingers on that flank.  And it's not like he doesn't know how to defend.  He's been doing it in Germany for 5 years.  Vieirinha, you can tell by watching, is light years ahead of most players in the GSL.  I didn't want him to come to Greece but he's proved me very very wrong.  End of the day, I think he plays better facing forward rather than with his back to goal.  If we find a LB that has the attacking qualities of a Matos then fine but that's not easy to find.  Matos, he's not normal.

I think the most important position to fill is DM, by a long shot.  Followed by CB.  Then, it depends on who leaves.  Obviously if Prijo leaves that becomes top priority.

Interesting point with Vieirinha as LB for good. I would ask the player himself to proceed with that idea. I mean you are right, but I want the player to be happy. A left/right winger who became a left/right defender, that's quite something.

As for center forwards, since you mentioned Prijovic. This year we were VERY lucky that Prijo was healthy, no injuries and no real bad period. But I think Koulouris is not the backup we need. We need something better anyway even if Prijo stays.

Have there been any rumors lately? I'm kind of operating under the assumption that the sale is as good as done, but I worry that nobody will even come close to our buyout clause. I'd love to have him for another year but we may end up selling him for Mak money instead...

Time to root on Serbia at the cup, I guess.

18 year old Kostas Dimitriou is transferred from PAOK to FC Basel. The fee for the CB was EUR 300,000.00. He signed a 4 year contract.

I don’t recall him ever being selected for the first squad. 

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Dimitriou is very talented CB, but he refused to sign a contract extension with PAOK. His agent is Aggelopoulos, the same guy who destroyed the career of Tzandaris.

Players PAOK should get rid off: Mauricio, Mauricio and Mauricio. He is the biggest disappointment to me this season. Get an 6-ari and an 8-ari, as well as a right back and left back. 

Don't take the buy-out option for Mak. We will find another winger. We were always lucky to find good players at this position. 

Sell Prijovic for +10-12€ Million and buy Pedro Conde from PAS Giannina. We cannot allow that this player plays for any of the Athenian clubs. Get also another striker for the bench since Koulouris is not good enough. 

If the management makes the right moves I see us as the νταμπλούχος 2018/19. AEK will not be as lucky as they were this season. It would also not suprise me if the actual champions of Greece get into the group stage while the χάρτινοι will crumble just as they did today. I also doubt that Marinakis will try to spend much money on his team, he rather prefers to keep the money in his pockets. In other words: Olympiakos is done as long as he keeps being their president. 

I am confident that our team has the highest potential for the next season. Stop the own goals by our management (and fans) and Athens will kneel before us just as they did today. 

Edited by Klaous

Νομίζω ότι είσαι άδικος με τον Μαουρίσιο. Δηλαδή βολεύεσαι με τους Κάνιας, Σάκχοφ, Ελ Καντουρί και το πρόβλημά σου είναι ο Μαουρίσιο; Για μένα μόνο ο Κάνιας δεν έχει θέσει στον ΠΑΟΚ, όπως δεν έχει και ο Κρέσπο. Οι υπόλοιποι παίχτες είναι καλοί αλλά έχουν παρόμοια χαρακτηριστικά και χρειαζόμαστε κάτι διαφορετικό.

8 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Νομίζω ότι είσαι άδικος με τον Μαουρίσιο. Δηλαδή βολεύεσαι με τους Κάνιας, Σάκχοφ, Ελ Καντουρί και το πρόβλημά σου είναι ο Μαουρίσιο; Για μένα μόνο ο Κάνιας δεν έχει θέσει στον ΠΑΟΚ, όπως δεν έχει και ο Κρέσπο. Οι υπόλοιποι παίχτες είναι καλοί αλλά έχουν παρόμοια χαρακτηριστικά και χρειαζόμαστε κάτι διαφορετικό.

I think Canias and Shakov are good players for the bench. That's why I said we need an 6-ari and 8-ari. Of course they should be better than those two we already have. About El Kaddouri: Yeah, I forgot. We should get rid of him too.

My problem with Mauricio is that he is the player with the highest paycheck (?) but still average at best. We can get better midfielders for less money. Not to mention his very bad positioning mistakes in Tripolis and Toumpa, contributing to the loss of the championship. I expected much more of him for the money he gets. 

I think Mauricio is a very solid player. And this year was his first in the team. I hope that next year will be even better. Something like Varela. At least that's what I hope.

And it's not great to change many players. Usually they blend together better after one year. That's why I am optimistic for next season. If most of them stay and Savvidis decides to put more money, then we will be very very good.

And Mauricio might be getting a big salary, but this position is the toughest to find good player. With 800K you might find a good winger, but you don't necessarily find a good midfielder. At least that's what I think.

I think most of the players will do better in their second season, as well. Keep in mind that Mak wasn't phenomenal his first year with us; with time performances will improve.

I am most concerned about the CF position. We have more than enough wingers to do the job - Limnios should improve, and Henrique should come back as well. As long as we qualify for Europe, we should have the right number of guys there.

For CB, I could do without Crespo, but only if we get someone clearly better than Varela.

El Kaddouri, I wouldn't be surprised to see sold. Wouldn't bother me, either.

Crespo, Canas, Koulouris, Mak, Malezas, Acevedo, Glykos, Leveque Should be unloaded immediately.

Of all the loans we have out, I think Mystakidis, Warda and Henrique should be brought back for a chance at a spot.  I'd like to keep Prijo, but if not I'd like a really good replacement and backup.  I don;t think Pelkas OR Biseswar actually stay with the team...

Moulin and That other kid I_Forget_his_Namovic .... I have no clue.  We barely saw them. 

Σωστός ο Βοστονέζος!

Να συμπληρώσω ότι έρχεται και ο Χαρίσης με τον Κίτσιου. Πρέπει να αποφασιστεί τι θα γίνει και μ' αυτούς.

Αν ήμουν Σαββίδης και ήθελα να τρελάνω τον κόσμο, θα αγόραζα τον Αραούχο!

Is Biseswar's contract up this summer? I would not be surprised if we keep him (same with Varela, who I think is done either this summer or next year). I think Campos is also up, though there were rumblings before regarding interest from Turkey.

If we keep even one of Pelkas and Prijovic, I'll be blown away.

Did we ever get any word on who Napoli was scouting?

58 minutes ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

If we can keep Prijovic, Pelkas and Biseswar for next season then i will be delighted.

Aye, I’ll be surprised (but very happy) if we can keep them all.  All 3 will be hard to replace.  People think we’ll just use any new money to get replacements but it isn’t always that simple.  Players like Prijovic and even Biseswar (good lord I love his old school style of play) don’t come around to often.  Pelkas FINALLY has become a man and understands how to impose himself on a game and how to play to his strengths.  Another one who’ll be hard to replace.

55 minutes ago, pash said:

Is Biseswar's contract up this summer? I would not be surprised if we keep him (same with Varela, who I think is done either this summer or next year). I think Campos is also up, though there were rumblings before regarding interest from Turkey.

If we keep even one of Pelkas and Prijovic, I'll be blown away.

Did we ever get any word on who Napoli was scouting?

One more season for Biseswar although I hope we renew him for many years to come.  Maybe he can become our next “Vukic” like super sub.