Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2018

Blackhawk

Since pash is not around these days to open his favorite topic I will do it for him. it's never to early to do so since the first rumors and fake news have already made their appearance the last few days.

Some rumors:

- according to George Savvidis we already signed one player. Everybody thinks it's Hatseridi from Dynamo Kiyv, but that's just an assumption.
- we will make a move for K. Papadopoulos, but can we afford him.
- Valencia is coming to Thessaloniki this week to close a deal for Warda 
- Napoli scouters have apparently been checking out PAOK players.

• Like it 1

17 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Since pash is not around these days to open his favorite topic I will do it for him. it's never to early to do so since the first rumors and fake news have already made their appearance the last few days.

where is pash?

Sounds like a foreign Ilias Anastasakos. At least the Greek guy we got him for nothing if I remember correctly. Pay 900k for someone who never played in a big team or first division besides Pas Giannena? And of course 30 years old. 

On 4/4/2018 at 4:19 AM, Blackhawk said:

Some rumors:

- according to George Savvidis we already signed one player. Everybody thinks it's Hatseridi from Dynamo Kiyv, but that's just an assumption.
- we will make a move for K. Papadopoulos, but can we afford him.
- Valencia is coming to Thessaloniki this week to close a deal for Warda 
- Napoli scouters have apparently been checking out PAOK players.

- Is Hatseridi even that good ?  There has been a lot of fuss over him.  I'll be happy if he's at the same level that Varela has been this season.

- KP very little chance.  He's on 2.5 million now at his current club.  If he does come to us it means he couldn't get a better offer elsewhere, which is fair enough.

- Warda is a tricky one.  Anything over say 2 million would be good business.  But his form has been very good this season.  Then again we have an abundance of wingers and there is still Henrique to return also, although there have been media stories about Qarabag wanting to buy him.

- Assuming the Napoli story has any truth to it, the only player I would imagine they could be interested in is Pelkas.  They are a very high level team.

3 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Sounds like a foreign Ilias Anastasakos. At least the Greek guy we got him for nothing if I remember correctly. Pay 900k for someone who never played in a big team or first division besides Pas Giannena? And of course 30 years old. 

I don't mind these sorts of signings.  I get what you're saying, but the "ready made" players cost much more and even then they are a risk.  There are no guarantees unfortunately.  At least this is lower risk.  There are plenty of players in the GSL that have played for lower level teams and then they shine when given the chance in a bigger team.  And then are plenty that failed too (I'm looking at you Koutsianikoulis).  End of the day if he's better than Koulouris then I'm all right with that.  The quality difference between Prijovic and Koulouris is immense.

11 hours ago, Bananas said:

I don't mind these sorts of signings.  I get what you're saying, but the "ready made" players cost much more and even then they are a risk.  There are no guarantees unfortunately.  At least this is lower risk.  There are plenty of players in the GSL that have played for lower level teams and then they shine when given the chance in a bigger team.  And then are plenty that failed too (I'm looking at you Koutsianikoulis).  End of the day if he's better than Koulouris then I'm all right with that.  The quality difference between Prijovic and Koulouris is immense.

I totally agree with that. My other point that I didn't express clearly is that we have to buy expensive and pay more than the actual value because we are a small team. If Savvidis is OK to put always more money to get the results that his opponents can have with way less, I am fine. My only worry is if he decides to stop paying that much money.

And to give you an example. Olympiakos purchased Ansarifard for 400K. Let's say Pedro Konde and Ansarifard have a similar mediocre career so far. Conde way more goals in lower divisions, but Ansarifard plenty of national experience with Iran. But Ansarifard was 27 and we will get Konde 30. We will pay 900k and Olympiakos paid 400k. You see my point?

Of course, we have to get such players. This year we are lucky that Prijovic had no injuries. If something would happen to him we have only Koulouris and then Mak who probably would have to go center forward. So, I definitely agree that we need a reliable and good back up besides Prijovic. I don't know Conde, never seen him, so I hope he will prove to be good enough for what we need him!

If we purchase Kiriakos Papadopoulos and Savvidis gives good money to get a huge midfielder that would be really good news for next year.

I think we need to acquire one top player for each line. One CB, one DM and one forward.

I don't think KPap will come. Way too much money and I don't even think he worth it.Look for him at PAOK when gets over 30 years of age.
Hatcheridi is another unknown with a big salary. Only seen him play against AEK and he was mediocre at best. 

As for the forward I am pretty sure Prijovic will be sold, so we will need a top class forward. Of course Conte is not such a player, but few PAS games that I have seen this season showed me that he could be a good backup. Comparing him to Koulouris is like night or day. Not worth the 900K, but I am not the one with Ivan's walllet. 

Well he's definitively not worth the 6.5 mil the Germans are asking for him. Salary wise he might drop his price since he would come to his team, but I don't see that happening until he reaches at least 30 years of age.

I don't know how well he is doing in the Bundesliga this year. If he is doing horribly and his team relegates and his choice is a mediocre team of Germany that will fight not to relegate, I can see him coming to PAOK to revive his career, play a couple years and at 28 to hit his best transfer.

At least so far we are kind of supporting our players and we are not looking for a get-rid-of-15 and get-15 summer.

If Savvidis wants to continue grow the team, Crespo and Canas (my favorites I know) have no place here. Tricky business are Biseswar, Mak, El Kaddouri. Those three players with big salaries that did not really give what they should have given. For different reasons each of them, but decisions have to be made for them as well. Not sure who is going to take those decisions though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 6:53 PM, Yiankos said:

Bring Donald! He is the guy!!!

The only good thing about Donald is that he provides us with endless comedy relief. Much better than George W. He will be dearly missed after 2020 (if not sooner).