Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Dutch Eagle

Friendly: Greece - Switzerland (23 March 2018, OAKA , Athens)

Recommended Posts

When was the last time he scored? Or had an assist? Not good enough to be in this team. Skibbe must be living in another world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

I agree but if he serves as a leader and as an example, I guess I can deal with it.  If he actually is in the 11, then...Remember Ranieri changed the whole team and we got crushed, we need a steady ship. If that means including a player like Tsiolis to ease the transition, I can deal with that...

Tziolis can’t transition defense to attack re

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

When was the last time he scored? Or had an assist? Not good enough to be in this team. Skibbe must be living in another world.

He scored the winner vs Cyprus but never the less, that was the first game we won with him starting since November 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

it's not about scoring or assisting for a player like Tziolis. His job is to break up play (something he's not great at) and when we win back possession, maintain the ball so our team can get up the pitch and we can build an attack. The last part is something he does because he takes minimal risks with the ball. Sideways, backwards he plays it safe. That's why coaches (not only skibbe) have favoured him to be a part of the ethniki for so many years. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be in the starting line up.
In the squad? maybe for some depth. Again he's not awful but he's no world beater. He is what he is, does what is asked of him and keeps it moving. 
 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

it's not about scoring or assisting for a player like Tziolis. His job is to break up play (something he's not great at) and when we win back possession, maintain the ball so our team can get up the pitch and we can build an attack. The last part is something he does because he takes minimal risks with the ball. Sideways, backwards he plays it safe. That's why coaches (not only skibbe) have favoured him to be a part of the ethniki for so many years. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be in the starting line up.
In the squad? maybe for some depth. Again he's not awful but he's no world beater. He is what he is, does what is asked of him and keeps it moving. 
 

I think your wrong. Only because Tziolis is not effective in anything he does. One thing I can think of is his height with headers that's about it. Samaris is way more effective in building an attack. He plays more sharper passes forward. The only thing Samaris can do more of is play riskier passes something that Tachtisidis does. 

I don't understand how coaches can rely on Tziolis. I just don't get it. Maybe around 2010 in the world cup he was ok. That's about it. He is now doing Katsouranis and Basinas job of holding. Kourbelis, Samaris, Tachtsidis, Zeca, K.Papadopoulos and Siopis can do a better job in that position. That's 6 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a video of Alefantos talking about the callups. Says Vasilakakis should be starting in this team. He highly rates Giannoulis the left back of Atromitos. 

https://youtu.be/82iplmNmGJY

Edited by Dean97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude that guy is funny. Hes The Don Cherry if Greek soccer. Canadians will know what I’m talking about. 

  • Like it 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

it's not about scoring or assisting for a player like Tziolis. His job is to break up play (something he's not great at) and when we win back possession, maintain the ball so our team can get up the pitch and we can build an attack. The last part is something he does because he takes minimal risks with the ball. Sideways, backwards he plays it safe. That's why coaches (not only skibbe) have favoured him to be a part of the ethniki for so many years. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be in the starting line up.
In the squad? maybe for some depth. Again he's not awful but he's no world beater. He is what he is, does what is asked of him and keeps it moving. 
 

I completely disagree. The guy ruins the flow of the game.. He does try to play it safe because he is not good enough to play any other style. he ruins our momentum going forward when we have the ball as he can't pass or control the ball and has no speed. he is the worst player to have as a midfielder on our team... He sucks any offensive creativity as limited as it may be already from our team when he's on the pitch.. There is no place for this guy on the team.. how does a guy that is not even playing regular minutes in a Saudi league be a starter for this team?? I know you are not saying he deserves to be on the team... I just don't see any benefit but only negatives in having this guy on our team..

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are players who I would have called up. 

Tsitontas, Paschalakis, Gianniotis, Bakakis, Kivrakidis, Retsos, Papadopoulos, Siovas, Risvanis, Chatzisaais, Giannoulis, Tsimikas, Lykogiannis, Kourbelis, Samaris, Zeca, Galanopoulos, Kone, Fortounis, Pelkas, Donis, Limnios, Lamprou, Karelis, Kotsopoulos, Vasilakakis, Lazaros.

This is who I would have chosen. There is 1 or 2 who don't deserve to play but the majority of this team deserve to be called up. Sokratis, Manolas, Stafylidis, Torosidis, Tachtsidis and Mitroglou don't have to be called up. Bakasetas and Gianniotas need to prove themselves more. 

Kotsopoulos is up and coming striker. If anyone has seen him play knows that he will be a great player one day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Dude that guy is funny. Hes The Don Cherry if Greek soccer. Canadians will know what I’m talking about. 

greatest metaphor in all my reading of greek soccer forums LMFAO

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in America, but a huge hockey fan(Flyers) and I know exactly what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-17 at 9:37 AM, J1078 said:

I completely disagree. The guy ruins the flow of the game.. He does try to play it safe because he is not good enough to play any other style. he ruins our momentum going forward when we have the ball as he can't pass or control the ball and has no speed. he is the worst player to have as a midfielder on our team... He sucks any offensive creativity as limited as it may be already from our team when he's on the pitch.. There is no place for this guy on the team.. how does a guy that is not even playing regular minutes in a Saudi league be a starter for this team?? I know you are not saying he deserves to be on the team... I just don't see any benefit but only negatives in having this guy on our team..

100% agree, the only strong part of his game is winning a header, other than that he doesn’t offer much. 

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know of any good streams to use to watch this game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J1078 said:

Anyone know of any good streams to use to watch this game? 

ATDHE may have it, is it on TV anywhere? Here in Canada we will get the usual England friendlies. Maybe BEIN may show Greece?

Edited by Ellada2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they're showing it anywhere here in Toronto.. not sure about anywhere else..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

ATDHE may have it, is it on TV anywhere? Here in Canada we will get the usual England friendlies. Maybe BEIN may show Greece?

Guys, if you really watch the game just spend the 7 bucks and buy it from Agona Sport and just enjoy it. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Argy said:

Guys, if you really watch the game just spend the 7 bucks and buy it from Agona Sport and just enjoy it. 

I might just do that. How good is the stream though? Is it HD throughout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very good Dean, dunno if it’s HD but it’s clear

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alphonse said:

It’s very good Dean, dunno if it’s HD but it’s clear

 

13 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I might just do that. How good is the stream though? Is it HD throughout?

It`s good quality, and HD or not, it`s better than a laggy, ad-plagued version available at atdhe or similar services. For me, we get so little international soccer during the year, and now especially without WC, you think 7$ is gonna stop me from enjoying the game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argy my fellow Montrealer, when you’re right, you’re right! I ordered it already from Agona. To MB’s!!!

I expect a big win from our boys.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×