Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Switzerland (23 March 2018, OAKA , Athens)

Dutch Eagle

I think and tbh know we are wasting our time with Skibbe at the bench.

So many things we could have tried but got the same old. 

Get Lazaros in for Baka on the wing. Give Pelkas a go for Fortounis and give Kourbelis a go in the middle with Zeca.

Give Lyko or Staf a go at left back and tell these guys to run into space

• Like it 2

Fortounis is actually our best attacking mid at the end of the day. His change of pace and control is good. I just want him more active. Donis has amazing pace. I also believe that Mitro is our best striker. This game needs speed, we should put Kourbelis and Pelkas on.

6 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I think and tbh know we are wasting our time with Skibbe at the bench.

So many things we could have tried but got the same old. 

Get Lazaros in for Baka on the wing. Give Pelkas a go for Fortounis and give Kourbelis a go in the middle with Zeca.

Give Lyko or Staf a go at left back and tell these guys to run into space

Completely agree.. we are wasting our time with this coach.. even tho we need to improve our rankings we need to try some young blood in certain positions.. let’s not waste our friendless for nothing... I don’t see anything changing with Skibbe behind the bench he is a stubborn guy and I really don’t think he knows the Greek talent pool at all..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

Fortounis always has this lackadaisical look about him and he seems to blow a good amount of good chances while in scoring position. Though, I understand appearance doesn't always match reality and he may actually be passionate, just introverted about it.

Donis has excellent pace and brings a much needed spark to the team but he seems to have some issues with finishing. He should have shot that one opportunity he had on the breakaway. He needs to be in the starting 11 every match from now on though; no more Baka and Mantalos on the wing please.

Already seeing why we don't regularly play in Athens at OAKA. I wish a 70,000 seat stadium made sense for the ethniki, but it doesn't. Even Karaiskaki is pushing it.

Too examples of the poor IQ from Torosidis first who after getting ball in space, dribbles to the sideline and is lucky to get a free kick.

Then Bakasetas centrally skies a pass to the wing and we lose possession as the attacks stand and watch 

• Like it 1

5 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

Already seeing why we don't regularly play in Athens at OAKA. I wish a 70,000 seat stadium made sense for the ethniki, but it doesn't. Even Karaiskaki is pushing it.

I watched Greece vs Estonia at Kariaskaki in August live and barely half of the stadium was filled. Toumba probably would’ve been way more atmospheric 

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, PanagiotisScordis said:

I watched Greece vs Estonia at Kariaskaki in August live and barely half of the stadium was filled. Toumba probably would’ve been way more atmospheric 

Yeah, but of course it got moved to Athens because.....you know~

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic