Phantis Forums

SL–R25: PAOK - AEK (11 Mar 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

I showed the video to another referee who is actually a level higher than me and he says that (of course he said a tough one)that it is OFFSIDE.   He feels the PAOK player  is interfering with the goalkeepers attempt to make the save and he is involved in active play therefore all the criteria for offside are met.   So again this one will go either way depending on how the ref views it.  

Edited by Polikastano

35 minutes ago, Polikastano said:

I showed the video to another referee who is actually a level higher than me and he says that (of course he said a tough one)that it is OFFSIDE.   He feels the PAOK player  is interfering with the goalkeepers attempt to make the save and he is involved in active play therefore all the criteria for offside are met.   So again this one will go either way depending on how the ref views it.  

Haha, funny thing is, I showed it to a friend of mine that I used to play with, he was a goalkeeper [not a great one] but is now a referee's assessor who has just been appointed to assess the performance of referee's at confederation level [asian champions league and asian world cup qualifiers etc.]

his take is that it is not offside as the goalkeeper is unlikely to have seen the player until his dive was underway, but he also said from where the linesman is the player would seem to be interfering so whatever the call is, the situation the officials found themselves meant their call would have been correct.

hope my drivel above made sense.

• Like it 1

The referee on a Greek sport show after the game gave it off side, it's down to interpretation, it's a tough call, personally I think it's actually a goal as Bargas was at full stretch and we saw his reaction after it went in.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, Alphonse said:

The referee on a Greek sport show after the game gave it off side, it's down to interpretation, it's a tough call, personally I think it's actually a goal as Bargas was at full stretch and we saw his reaction after it went in.

This is my take on it. Mauricio was not in the keepers line of sight and did not affect the play. You can tell a lot from players reactions and the keeper had no complaints what so ever and neither did any of the players bar 1 who made a fuss (probable more a release of motion than anything) and then when they all jumped on the bandwagon, all hell broke loose

The linesman ran straight back to towards the half way line with his flag down, he had no intention of giving it as offside. In 'close' calls the benefit of the doubt should always be given to the attacking team.

The officials totally f@cked it with the way they handled the situation and allowed the drama to build up.

The main point is that they gave the goal, then were swayed by AEK's bench and players, then disallowed it, then started strutting about as if they were enjoying being the center of attention. We watch football to see the players, not some power happy drama queen with a whistle.

• Like it 1

20 hours ago, jvc said:

Yes I did....Time has passed and thinking about it logically,  that would not be fair. 

The only reason the "relegation issue" has been regurgitated over and over is because of the hysterical and in my eyes hypocritical coverage of the Athenian media in Greece. 

If they have the balls at Superleague and EPO I hope they do it. But first they need to relegate Olympiakos for fixing up games for the past decade. If not, it will be another selectively enforced law to suit somebody else.

This unfortunately bring the country closer to the 2nd civil war in Greece. Even without the football issues that's where the country is slowly going. I've said it before. The issue is political and football is just the excuse. I am afraid we might end up like the former Yougoslavia, and incidentally it was a football match that sparked that conflict. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Alphonse said:

EPO needs a leader, the current president is useless, 

Do you know who the EPO leader is and how he became the leader of EPO?

And BTW the reason I asked you how long you have been following Greek football to see how much of the Greek football past have you witnessed. So I ask you. For the past 23 years have you seen any improvement? 

45 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Do you know who the EPO leader is and how he became the leader of EPO?

And BTW the reason I asked you how long you have been following Greek football to see how much of the Greek football past have you witnessed. So I ask you. For the past 23 years have you seen any improvement? 

Of course in know who he is, Vagellis Grammenos. 

I don’t know how he became the leader, non of his actions or comments have shown anything is what I have seen, how did he become?

I have not really seen any improvements, the officiating has gotten better in the sense that OSFP has not had favourable calls go their way this season like they usually do which created a very close SL.

The main thing is, and sadly they don’t know how to deal and solve issues like the last few weeks, there is always delays, inconsistencies, never any calm or smart leadership and most of all no accountability. I don’t think the Greek mentality will allow things to move forward really, there are some blogs on Agona about the culture that speak to this, but even the Deputy Sports Minister does not inspire me with any confidence. 

Until there is some brains in charge and presidents actually lead the way for starters we won’t get anywhere in Greece

Am I reading this correctly that the Greek national football team will be banned from international competition in the near future after the incident in Toumba? 

Edited by Molon Lave

57 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Of course in know who he is, Vagellis Grammenos. 

I don’t know how he became the leader, non of his actions or comments have shown anything is what I have seen, how did he become?

Savvidis and Melissanidis managed through a combined effort to convince the majority of various "enosis" to vote for Grammenos in order to defeat Girtzikis in the EPO elections. Savvidis delivered 50 % of the enosis, Melissanidis 30% and the rest voted for Olympiakos supported enosis. The original effort to oust the Olympiakos controlled EPO included Alafouzos, but that went out of the window fairly early in the process. After that he joined hands with Marinakis to promote his propaganda on his TV station. And of course now the Savvidis -  Melissanidis cooperation is dead after the latest events. 

Officiating has improved due to the fact that they cleaned up most of the corrupted refs, but there were few that still remained (Aretopoulos, Kalogeropoulos, Kominis) mainly because the referees are controlled appointed to games by  FIFA. 

As for Grammenos he really did not have enough time to do anything substantial. He tried to fix up the national team by taking them out from the Karaiskaki Stadium, but that is now will not last long either. He will not last long. He was hated by Olympiakos from the beginning and now that the PAOK - AEK cooperation is finished we will go back to Olympiakos controlled EPO.

Bloody hope not re OSFP-EPO, which goes back to the issues with Greek soccer, there is always a bias way in EPO... they can't go back to the OSFP favoritism, it's what created so much hate and boiling points, that means nothing will be achieved with what's going on now.

Thank you very much for the run down, much appreciated.

If Grammenos wanted to fix the National Team he could have done much much more than move them out of Karaiskaki, there was no friendlies planned for at least a year and Skibbe... to make a team a family again is a weak reason given how that happened (picking the same guys over and over no matter of form) but let's see if Skibbe pays off  

I keep watching the highlights of this game.  What caught my eye is  the badge of the Assistant Referee .   He is not FIFA.He must a level down what we call here a National Referee (Yes they are used in MLS) .   What strikes me is in a game of this magnitude how can they not appoint all 3 FIFA refs .  Now maybe they don't have enough in Greece i can understand but if they do this guy should be doing the Levadiakos vs Panaitolikos game and not the game that decides the championship.  The problem is in the first half he makes a wrong offside call against AEK.   Im certain after the goal was scored and he got approached by the AEK players indecision started to kick and he wasnt sure if he got it right.  I give all refs in Greece credit though it is the most F***ed up country to ref a soccer game in. 

Edited by Polikastano

http://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20180314-anakoinosi-upallilon-pae-paok/

Statement of PAOK FC employees

Ανακοίνωση Υπαλλήλων ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ

Οι υπάλληλοι της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ στέλνουν το δικό τους μήνυμα μετά τα τελευταία γεγονότα.

Τις τελευταίες μέρες γινόμαστε μάρτυρες μίας συντονισμένης επίθεσης τόσο στον Πρόεδρο της ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ, όσο και στην ίδια την ομάδα που υπηρετούμε.

Οι επιθέσεις αυτές στο πρόσωπο του Ιβάν Σαββίδη, για εμάς που τον γνωρίζουμε και τον ζούμε πλέον καθημερινά, δεν είναι μόνο άδικες, αλλά είναι και υποκριτικές.

Ο κύριος Σαββίδης έχει ανεβάσει τα επίπεδα ασφάλειας και σωστής διεξαγωγής αγώνων στην Τούμπα, σε σημεία που κανείς δεν φανταζόταν.

Παρέχει αφειδώς όλες εκείνες τις συνθήκες σε εμάς να παράγουμε έργο για τον σύλλογο που υπηρετούμε και βρίσκεται πάντα δίπλα μας για να ανεβάσει ακόμη περισσότερο τον πήχη των προσδοκιών.

Οι στοχευμένες και συντονισμένες επιθέσεις όχι μόνο δεν κλονίζουν, αλλά αντίθετα ενισχύουν την εκτίμηση και την αγάπη μας προς το πρόσωπό του.

Ο κύριος Σαββίδης προτίμησε να πάρει πάνω του όλη τη φθορά, προκειμένου να προστατεύσει την δική μας δουλειά και την υπόληψη της Τούμπας κι αυτό είναι από μόνο του ηρωικό.

Είναι σειρά μας να είμαστε η δική του ασπίδα!

Με εκτίμηση,

Υπάλληλοι ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ

18 hours ago, SydneyPAOK said:

Are you the old poster Amorgos (now on sedra)  trying to promote your own blogs on Agona?

Of course it's Amorgos. He is free to post anything he wants as long as it does not break forum rules.

Today was the Superleague hearing concerning this match. Kominis the ref of the game refused to appear before the judge even though he was asked to do so. PAOK asked to have the hearing postponed, but that was turned down by the judge. At the end of the hearing the judge ordered Kominis to supply answers in writing by Monday. Decision is expected on Wednesday or Thursday.

It will be interesting to see the verdict in the case. The match report has more holes than a swiss cheese and that's why PAOK wanted the ref to appear before the judge.

1 hour ago, jvc said:

I really don't understand what the match report has to do with this....basically,  is it legal for a owner to walk on to the field with a gun,   and confront the reff.  They don't need the reff for that.   What are they trying to achieve?   Find out whether or not the goal was disallowed or awarded?   The penalty to PAOK has nothing to do with that....that being said,  PAOK is guilty.   The match would need to be abandoned,   no matter what this reff has to say.   This is just the Greek way of saying....Let's move on,  business as usual.  

Are you kidding me? Do you even know what you are talking about? The ref is the person officiating the game and the match report is the official document of the game. It's up to him to decide if the game is played or abandoned. Unfortunately in Greece the refs are of poor quality.

jvc κούρασες φίλε. Μας είπες τη γνώμη σου. Ο Σαββίδης είναι ο χαλίδης, πρέπει να φάει -10 ο ΠΑΟΚ, να πάρει το πρωτάθλημα η ΑΕΚ και ότι άλλο γουστάρεις. Και η μπύρα στον Ίβιτς και το ρολό στον Γκαρσία και τα ρέστα. Και ο Σαββίδης μπήκε με το όπλο και τους μπράβους και απείλησε και χτύπησε τους διαιτητές και τους παίκτες και ανθρώπους της ΑΕΚ. Τρομοκράτησε όλο τον κόσμο στον αγωνιστικό χώρο οι οποίοι τον είδαν να περιφέρεται και να σημαδεύει με το όπλο του τους πάντες. Ίσως πρέπει να του απαγορευτεί διά βίου κάθε ενασχόληση με τον αθλητισμό και ότι άλλο γουστάρεις. Ακούστηκες, είπες τη γνώμη σου και σ' ευχαριστούμε.

Μπορείς τώρα σε παρακαλώ να σταματήσεις να επαναλαμβάνεσαι; Δεν γουστάρω να μπω να διαβάσω γιατί τα μισά ποστ είναι δικά σου όπου λες τα ίδια και τα ίδια. Σε ακούσαμε ρε φίλε. Αν δεν έχεις κάτι καινούριο να πεις, κάνε και λίγο τουμπεκί. Άιντε να τελειώνουμε επιτέλους!

• Like it 1

Isn’t that the problem JVC? Some individuals, fans and clubs don’t want it to be about football. They would rather win a league by another team getting docked points and points awarded in their courts rather than sporting merit. 

Thats the problem, everything was going fine until Olympiakos realised that PAOK (and AEK) were pulling away and they were looking out of it. It’s an absalute disgrace that it’s entertained and accepted as normal. That the league can be sabotaged by a petulant set of people that cannot accept not being in control and dominant.  

• Like it 1

23 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

No, but it should be suspended forever.

I had a thought Greece should never have their clubs ever compete in UEFA ever again, let alone having a Mickey Mouse Greek league. Hell, Major League Soccer looks like the top of the class with the Barclay English Premiere League. 

Edited by Molon Lave