Sign in to follow this  
jvc

Daily Team News [ 2018 ]

Lazarus

Recent years: 2017 | 2016 | 2015

Message added by Lazarus

13 minutes ago, athinaios said:

^^^^

I hear what you say, but I think the worst treatment has been given to the fans. I'm not talking about the meatheads who see this as a way to express the frustrations by destroying property or attacking other fans.  I'm talking about someone who loves the sport and their team, has a job,  perhaps wants to bring a child/family to the game. This is the power base of a successful sports club, the people who can afford to spend for tickets, food, merch, and to have a good experience. Not the hooligans. But, how and why should such a valuable fan go to a game nowadays?  Why should they go when it's a hassle and their safety could be threatened?

Then we're talking about the credibility, legitimacy of the league.....  [what a shame to invite foreigners to officiate games..... tsk] oh boy.....  People react to and buy into something of value.  And, it's not like the 20th century when choices for entertainment for the masses were limited. Nowadays, there is lots more available to everyone. The bottom line is the experience & memories someone gets from buying into such opportunities. There has to be good value there. I think fewer and fewer people see this sport as a valued experience--- the situation  in Greek football for a long while now has been appalling.

Also, as a good behaving fan, I should not suffer because some meatheads go ahead and do shitty stuff. I don't understand why the authorities & clubs allow such things to happen. It'd be inconceivable to punish a team here in the US because some 10-50 stupid fans did something wrong. They're identified, punished, and banned from attending games.

Very well said.   The thing is all the fan can do is support the club.   The problems in the league can and should be corrected by the government.   That said I do see progress lately, and if they stay committed to correct the violence and corruption it will eventually pay off. However PAOs main issue is debts,   and should be the number 1 priority of the club....PA0 was hours away from bankruptcy so fan support must be there.   Lets fight one battle at a time the club has loads of young talent,  Alafouzo is staying committed on funding the team all we need is fan support.   IMO  there's no excuse for not showing up and paying 15 Euros if you love the club.   30 million revenue Nick per season is more than sufficient to bring back PAO at the top.    I want to see 20k against Panionios!    The club is averaging close to 1 million viewers on TV,   that's the number one show in Greece.   Second is Alpha news....the fans are there,   just do your thing and show up.    Support the club.    

I agree with you, the price is low enough and fans should keep attending.I wish I were in Greece because I would attend often this season; our team is playing well and doing well. But, I'm not sure I'd bring the family though, not yet. And, that's what they have to do..... they have to make it enjoyable for everyone, not the hooligans.  I may sound old, but we had this discussion here over the last 15 years... (geesh, that's a long time).....    The organized may be able to create noise and a "good atmosphere" during games, but over all, in my opinion, they have harmed the club in so many ways.

Anyway, I do see some progress and I hope it's ongoing, and the club gets the support it needs.

Cheers.

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, athinaios said:

I agree with you, the price is low enough and fans should keep attending.I wish I were in Greece because I would attend often this season; our team is playing well and doing well. But, I'm not sure I'd bring the family though, not yet. And, that's what they have to do..... they have to make it enjoyable for everyone, not the hooligans.  I may sound old, but we had this discussion here over the last 15 years... (geesh, that's a long time).....    The organized may be able to create noise and a "good atmosphere" during games, but over all, in my opinion, they have harmed the club in so many ways.

Anyway, I do see some progress and I hope it's ongoing, and the club gets the support it needs.

Cheers.

Yes the family atmosphere is lacking overall in Greece.   That said I see progress lately like you mentioned,  but we have long ways to go in achieving that.   Let's hope it doesn't start going backwards,   we all know things in Greece can change for the worse over night.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, athinaios said:

Cheers.

100% agreed, there is so much potential in Greece but when the culture is catered for the hooligans and you can’t take your family to watch a game the game will not progress.

The hooligan culture is also helped by the countless magazines and news feeds that only encourage this thought and behaviour. 

I dunno if they will ever create any accountability in Greece where you actually get arrested so this will always happen, Greece has never evolved to modern day standards, when you don’t evolve you don’t grow