Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jvc

Daily Team News [ 2018 ]

Lazarus

Recent years: 2017 | 2016 | 2015

Message added by Lazarus

it's not my money, but this saddens me a lot....

all of these players did not make a bit of a difference for the club....  I would accept say somebody who made close to a million but they scored a goal that saved the team or won the team something....  I could understand Leto and Toche and a few others who asked for their money, but at least they did something for PAO.

those who made the decisions to spend so much for crappy players should be banned from the sport, or at least from any PAO future activity..... sad, really sad.

Maybe some foreigners who have better sense could upgrade the club. I mean it has to be a good value for the consumer, not the knuckleheads who create trouble; these can be good screamers at the stands, but they don't pay the bills, and they cost too much for the club (fines, etc).   The bigger clubs in England have basically thrown out such fans.

So a modern stadium, with safe, clean, attractive facilities where fans can spend money, is essential. Then the league must have credibility and competitive interest, otherwise back to square one, where only the knuckleheads would participate.

I have an emotional attachment to Leoforos (been there many times), but it's inappropriate now no matter how they may renovate it. Maybe if they build a proper facilities for basketball and other sports (no football). PAO needs to build a new, modern home, easily accessible, and safe for families to attend.

^^Maybe this government in Greece has hope,  might not be totally brain dead....you see Nick,  the people running the country got their diploma at a crackerjack box....they're totally uneducated.  Not only the present government,  all the opposition and past as well,  FARMERS.    I believe they're starting to understand what BUSINESS FRIENDLY is.  Let's see what develops....Alafouzo just dropped 2 million for obligations this week,   and I can't see him doing so if the deal wasn't getting done.   Maybe they agreed on how to wash PAOs debts....very simple stuff that's done here in Norh America,  is for some reason complicated in Greece.....you need to learn how to wash dirty laundry,   and those farmers in Greece are holding on to vacant land.  Lol

To me the past few fays has been like a staring contest waiting for Alafouzo to blink first, which he obviously did since he had no choice, but the time lost with his dips#!t kobines is actually lowering the value of the team and I wouldn't be surprised if the Asian reassesses his evaluation of the club. I'm pretty sure he was trying to pull the wool over the Thai's eyes in regards to what he owes which has led to the delays of transferring the shares. What kind of fool would actually put in money without having the finances in order as to who owes what. I also think that he's trying to present his personal debts as an investment in the club....I wish he'd just ante up and disappear. As it stands unless something drastic happens in the next few weeks, PAO will be relegated through inability to compete next season.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

To me the past few fays has been like a staring contest waiting for Alafouzo to blink first, which he obviously did since he had no choice, but the time lost with his dips#!t kobines is actually lowering the value of the team and I wouldn't be surprised if the Asian reassesses his evaluation of the club. I'm pretty sure he was trying to pull the wool over the Thai's eyes in regards to what he owes which has led to the delays of transferring the shares. What kind of fool would actually put in money without having the finances in order as to who owes what. I also think that he's trying to present his personal debts as an investment in the club....I wish he'd just ante up and disappear. As it stands unless something drastic happens in the next few weeks, PAO will be relegated through inability to compete next season.

Alafouzo has dropped 3.5 million on players debts and taxes the past 3 months,  and 1.5 at the beginning,   close to 5....he's getting out.   The hold backs are a result of government negotiations for investment....shortly I believe that will be solved....when the new stadium comes into play,   the investigators will be able to consolidate PAOs remaining 30 million debts,  and are easily paid over 25 years,  will not even be noticed.  To add...when dealing with business and your money logistics and planning are what's most important to you.   Alafouzo will not be burning 20 million of his own capital.   What's also in play here is....how will they guarantee his return....so somewhere in the negotiations Alafoyzos money needs to be returnable....in a future deal outside Panathinaikos....nobody is stupid enough to drop 20 million and walk.   Dmitri was expecting Alafouzo to do that....Alafouzo put the ball in their court now,   let's see how they play it.

Edited by jvc

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AchillesHeel said:

Apparently there have been some major discrepancies uncovered during the financial audit of the club leading to the stall of the transfer....exactly what I was afraid of:

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/nikologiannis-brike-simadikes-diafores-o-pairotz-ston-oikonomiko-elegxo/3535880

Alafouzos' shell game is catching up to him.

I don't think we're getting all the information.  What I'm hearing is....they're negotiating financial control. The issue from my understanding is,   how will Alafouzo get his 20 million back?  How will he be involved outside Panathinaikos,   that will insure his 20 million is returned.    We all know that nobody is stupid enough to drop 20 million and walk.   Alafouzos will hold on until the government comes around and guarantees 100 percent the stadium project.   There's no other way.....PAO will consolidate its debt and pay it back over time.  20 million over 25 years....that will be hidden in the stadium cost.   Let's say that they go with the Athens Alive project.....there's big money involved there,  why would Alafouzo drop 20 million and not be involved somehow in that project?

Edited by jvc

I think that the 20 mil is personal debts to Alafouzo with his signature on it which he can't get escape from....he wants turn that into investment but why would anyone accept that? This is money that was supposed to be used to pay salaries, debts, operating expenses, etc. but as we can see nothing has been payed in years. As I said before he played a shell game with the club's finances and it's all surfacing now that there is an actual audit going on. He's not dropping 20 mil....he's in the books for it and was forced to make the announcement a few days back that he's putting in the 20 mil so as to present it as capital. Psofo na'xei m#$%!s.

3 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

I think that the 20 mil is personal debts to Alafouzo with his signature on it which he can't get escape from....he wants turn that into investment but why would anyone accept that? This is money that was supposed to be used to pay salaries, debts, operating expenses, etc. but as we can see nothing has been payed in years. As I said before he played a shell game with the club's finances and it's all surfacing now that there is an actual audit going on. He's not dropping 20 mil....he's in the books for it and was forced to make the announcement a few days back that he's putting in the 20 mil so as to present it as capital. Psofo na'xei m#$%!s.

Yes I agree.   The 20 million he's in for....that being said Alafouzo is dragging this out,   and is holding PAO captive.   The question is how long can he play this game?   A couple more seasons?    Who will blink first?   Remember Dimitri a few months back just after the Thai showed up offered 30 million,   but was denied by Alafouzo....that in itself is telling you Alafouzo is not willing to drop 20 and walk....most certainly he wants to be part of the Athens Alive project....shares in hotels condos ect....if I had to bet,   Alafouzo will be part of their investments in one way or another.

Mid-July and nothing yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Ala hasn't come up with the $20 mil. We don't know the whole story. How's Donis can plan ahead, especially when they'll start with minus 6 points.  It's been a shameful couple of years. PAO needing the pity of small clubs to survive. Now Asteras is suing for the Kourbelis transfer money!   tsk...

I'd like to hope that eventually the team will be taken over by DG.

I'm increasingly on the side of those who say the buyer(s) are using PAO as a leverage to get favorable investment arrangements in Greece, and that they don't really care for the club.

I don't think that they club's situation is the obstacle. They must know already how much money is needed. They're waiting for the gov to give them the green light for other projects.

If they were to come in to deal with the club's success only, they'd have said by now what they're willing to do and spend. This would help with the planning by Dabizas-Donis.

DG should have gotten 1-2 more people and spend whatever it takes to buy the club. Yes, he also talks about investments, but he's crazy (and we need someone like that) about PAO. He doesn't see the club as a vehicle to make money, like, I'm sure, the Thai guy (and those behind him) do.

If DG didn't see the club as a vehicle for making money he would have already bought it (I agree though that he's pretty crazy). Modern sports are based solely on profits...the fanela means nothing to owners and investors other than branding. As far as the debts I believe that there have been loans taken out to cover loans that have been taken out to cover loans that were taken out to cover loans that were suppose to be used to pay salaries and expenses but were actually never paid....hence why every day you have players from years ago coming out and making appeals against the club and the finances are still shrouded in mystery. Last week there were major discrepancies found in the books compared to what had been stated earlier by Alafouzos....but of course no one knows what discrepancies these are. As for Piempongsant, if he's actually affiliated with this guy in the deal:

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2018/07/19/a-greek-bearing-grifts/

then we're in for rough ride...although I doubt he's any worse than Savvidis, Marinakis or Mellisanidis.

Of course everybody would use a popular sports club to get gov favors. But, I'm saying the clubs, in the current situation, aren't making a profit, so you need a "crazy" fan to be the owner.

I don't know, but I doubt GK and his family have made a profit over all by having the basketball PAO.

I worry that the new owner(?) either doesn't give a damn about the club (only wants favors from the gov) or is unaware of the reality...

The way Alafouzo left Leoforos for OAKA and Rizoupoli by fighting with GK is crazy in my opinion. Many fans are disgusted with this situation, and unless the new owners come in and really spend serious money to upgrade and shore up the club, the next season will be a disaster, once again.

14 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I worry that the new owner(?) either doesn't give a damn about the club (only wants favors from the gov) or is unaware of the reality...

The way Alafouzo left Leoforos for OAKA and Rizoupoli by fighting with GK is crazy in my opinion. Many fans are disgusted with this situation, and unless the new owners come in and really spend serious money to upgrade and shore up the club, the next season will be a disaster, once again.

They have already proven that Dimitri wants the team demoted,   so he can get in for free....that's why he kicked PAO out of Leofors.  Asking 500k a season compared to OAKA for 250.  To add he wanted 600k of debts in 2 installments,  while OAKA came in at 40 payments for 1 million dollars of debt....WHAT IS A BETTER DEAL IN YOUR OPINION LOL.  Dmitri wants Alafouzo to drop 25 million and hand over the club no questions....like you need to be retarded to accept that deal.  Lol.   Dimitri is all about how do I get the team for nothing.

51 minutes ago, jvc said:

They have already proven that Dimitri wants the team demoted,   so he can get in for free....that's why he kicked PAO out of Leofors.  Asking 500k a season compared to OAKA for 250.  To add he wanted 600k of debts in 2 installments,  while OAKA came in at 40 payments for 1 million dollars of debt....WHAT IS A BETTER DEAL IN YOUR OPINION LOL.  Dmitri wants Alafouzo to drop 25 million and hand over the club no questions....like you need to be retarded to accept that deal.  Lol.   Dimitri is all about how do I get the team for nothing.

^^^^I agree 100% about DG and stated this from the get go....but the 25 mill Alafouzos owes  I believe is strictly in his name and he can't get away from that. Its become obvious he hasn't put any money in the club simply from the financial state of the club...he's probably taken money out from the revenues and is now expecting someone to come in and pay his bills. Both parties are bad for the club and the only solution is if a 3rd party gets involved (PP) and somehow forces Alafouzo to ante up and puts DG in his place. Of course there has to be something more in it for this 3rd party than just PAO FC.....land deals, real estate development, debt reductions etc.  Otherwise the club is going to sink like a brick in an aquarium. I don't think Alafouzo is in any position to make a deal in his favor.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AchillesHeel said:

^^^^I agree 100% about DG and stated this from the get go....but the 25 mill Alafouzos owes  I believe is strictly in his name and he can't get away from that. Its become obvious he hasn't put any money in the club simply from the financial state of the club...he's probably taken money out from the revenues and is now expecting someone to come in and pay his bills. Both parties are bad for the club and the only solution is if a 3rd party gets involved (PP) and somehow forces Alafouzo to ante up and puts DG in his place. Of course there has to be something more in it for this 3rd party than just PAO FC.....land deals, real estate development, debt reductions etc.  Otherwise the club is going to sink like a brick in an aquarium. I don't think Alafouzo is in any position to make a deal in his favor.

It doesn't seem very likely....but I believe the government will come to terms with the THAI....I'm hearing it's very close now,  let's see what happens.

Edited by jvc

I still think Leoforos was more appropriate for the club. Drawing few thousand fans to OAKA will feel empty and cold. The team will struggle this season, and a strong home would mean a lot.

Awh, well....  Does anyone know if the team will be allowed transfers in January?