Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jvc

Daily Team News [ 2018 ]

Lazarus

Recent years: 2017 | 2016 | 2015

Message added by Lazarus

15 hours ago, jvc said:

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/421809/pateras-noiazomai-gia-ton-panathinaiko-alla-proexei-i-ygeia

The ass who helped destroy PAO can't get involved because of health reasons.

My thoughts too.

Not many people know this,  but the club still has financial obligations since those days. Maybe this is where Alafouzos got the idea.... buy players, spend stupidly and without a long term plan and then pull out.

Κενταει η ομάδα σήμερα με όλους τους πιτσιρικάδες. 3-0 με Κέρκυρα 

3 hours ago, Lamiara ole said:

Κενταει η ομάδα σήμερα με όλους τους πιτσιρικάδες. 3-0 με Κέρκυρα 

Yes.  We need to build from the bottom up.  If they stay committed on the youth development,  PAO will be back on top in 3 years.

I believe that among the youngsters we saw today there are a few who can develop into the new Basinades Saravakous Goumes etc.

Xatziovanni finally put in a quality perfomance....hopefully he keeps it up and rewards Ouzounides faith in him. Villafanez has been one of the few bight spots this year with some very gutsy, consistent performances...it would be good for the team if they can figure out a way to keep him on as the kids will be looking for a leader and he seems to have stepped up in that role.

The PAO youth squad if very good, undefeated this year. It's very valuable to keep the academy going, but with no money to pay workers, trainers, etc, and with bad morale, things can go downhill easily.

This is going to be another difficult week for the club. I think the key is not to have points taken away because everything  hangs by a thread that can easily break...  The financial situation is the sword of Damocles. If it doesn't fall, the club will finish the season at mid-table.

A conspiracy theorist would postulate that if points get deducted from the club which lead to demotion, there are forces at work trying to force Alafouzos to sell at a cheap price. :wink:

6 hours ago, Bananas said:

A conspiracy theorist would postulate that if points get deducted from the club which lead to demotion, there are forces at work trying to force Alafouzos to sell at a cheap price. :wink:

What's happening is....Alafouzos is demonstrating that he's serious on allowing PAO to get demoted.  Thus making it even more impossible for the creditors to collect 100 percent of money owned. The players need to realize this is business....we all would do the same.  Settle for 50 percent,  or you lose everything.  The creditors will settle.

4 hours ago, jvc said:

What's happening is....Alafouzos is demonstrating that he's serious on allowing PAO to get demoted.  Thus making it even more impossible for the creditors to collect 100 percent of money owned. The players need to realize this is business....we all would do the same.  Settle for 50 percent,  or you lose everything.  The creditors will settle.

I used to think that as well but what if this bluff falls through....the debt remians and the club ceases to exist. Whatever history and brand power the team has is also erased. The thing is that from what I can gather the team doesn't have the ability to pay even a fraction of the debt....I read somewhere that they are being evicted from their offices by the end of the month. The raising of funds through player sales has so far been a disaster and 5 court appeals by players are going ahead this week. There's a little over a week left in the transfer window and it seems that whatever plan Alafouzo/Konstantinou had in mind is not really working out....if they had any to begin with, other than destroying the club completely.
All this being said, the team still has the roster to be able to finish mid table (assuming they can hang on to a few important players) but if there are points deducted, PAO is sure to be demoted and then whatever income the team has had (more than 100 mil from 2012-2017) will disappear but the debt will continue to grow and no one will take over that amount of debt for a 2nd or 3rd tier club.

Edited by AchillesHeel

Yes.  But the creditors will lose their money.  It's not a bluff.  They settle or lose everything.  We all know that they will bend the rules for PAO....the league can't afford it.  I'm hearing,  PAO can file for protection even if they get demoted....the creditors will be forced to settle.  They don't need to change their name.  I'm hearing 50 percent will be reduced....the players have no choice but to settle.  

Edited by jvc

Who will put in the 50%? If the creditors do agree, they'll do so only if the money is on the table.....the debts go back many years. Let's hope its as you say.

The bank set up by the government.  They have offered 15 million in players debts,  to be paid over 10 years of instalments.  The deal is on the table,  so my guess is....Alafouzos is looking for the creditors to take a cut.  That being said,  the 15 million will need to be reduced to about 8,  before anyone from PAO will agree.  This is good business,  something that every company going through this situation would do.  

Edited by jvc

I'm not sure what is going on @jvc and I'm not familiar enough with the history of PAO to get a good grasp on it.  Either way, the idea of relegation has a certain bad smell about it.  The only way PAO is getting relegated is via points deductions.  And the only way that is happening is if some former players are not payed.  Now, I know Alafouzos said he doesn't want to invest any more in the team, but he could, if he wanted to, pay these players to avoid relegation.  What I'm saying is, if this does occur, it's specifically because Alafouzos wants relegation.  We'll know soon enough.

As for Alafouzos, the fans are already baying for him outside his house.  Relegate PAO and he won't be able to show his face in public for a long time.  I assume Alafouzos would sell to someone , if an offer he considered acceptable was put forward.  But when the team is relegated you've lost a lot of your bargaining power.  Or maybe not.  Maybe there is a master plan in play ?! :confused:

Nobody is buying PAO Bananas....simply because they will be buying a 40 million dollars debt.  Alafouzos has parked his shares awhile back, in a bank....you can go a pick them up for free,  the catch is, you just bought yourself a 40 million dollars debt.  Alafouzos is personally responsible for at least 20 of that....but if the team goes bankrupt,  he will be held to 40 percent of that.  There's no master plan here....you settle or lose your money for good,  because we all know that Alafouzos will drag out the 40 percent for another decade.  If we go back,  Alafouzos has already stated he's putting in 10 million,  not 25 as the basketball tycoon hoped for.  He will only drop the 10,  after everyone has signed and his name is clear of the books.  Think about it....he holds the keys.

Shame on the people who run the show!

Shame on the fans who have brought misery to the biggest club in Greece!

If by any remote chance they are thinking relegation...God help them!

•  

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/425274/ksepoylima-synexizetai-apo-ton-dithen-apoxorisanta

It looks like the fans will be mobilized,  and go after Alafouzos.  He had 50 over at his house last week....I wouldn't be surprised if we see thousands over there.   It took them 5 years to realize that he's destroying the team.   Many  including myself  have been saying this for at least 5 years....MIGHT BE TOO LITTLE,   TOO LATE.
Edited by jvc

Its basically a question of making the first move and then things can snowball....like with Tzigger. The symaxia's new president is pretty outspoken and seems to be willing to take that step to get things rolling....but as JVC said it might be too little too late seeing as most of the talent is leaving the team for very little money and it will require a major effort to not get relegated one way or another.

It took a 30,000 idiots uprising to get rid of the wealthiest family of Greece!

Is there 30 of them to go tell alafouzo to f...off?

Antithesis:

Vardinoggiannis family: wrote some of the most glorious pages in the history of Panathinaikos! ΕΦΥΓΕ ΚΛΩΤΣΙΔΟΝ!

Alafouzos: is destroying anything valuable that this team holds...ΧΩΡΙΣ ΝΑ ΑΝΟΙΞΕΙ ΜΥΤΗ!

ΝΑ ΧΑΙΡΟΜΑΣΤΕ ΤΟΝ ΝΕΟ ΠΑΝΑΘΗΝΑΙΚΟ ΜΑΣ!

ΜΑΣ ΠΑΕΙ ΤΡΩΧΑΔΗΝ ΣΤΗ Β' ΕΘΝΙΚΗ!

Let's differentiate between the capetanio and Tzigger... Yes, the first will always be associated with the best of PAO's history, but Tzigger presided during a drought in domestic titles, and he wasn't very competent. He didn't care enough or knew how to stop the league's preferential treatment for Oly.

So, "the family" has a mixed record.  And, it was them that stopped the Yannakopoulos brothers from taking over the football club. They wanted to give something to Tzigger to play with.

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, Hudson said:

Let's differentiate between the capetanio and Tzigger... Yes, the first will always be associated with the best of PAO's history, but Tzigger presided during a drought in domestic titles, and he wasn't very competent. He didn't care enough or knew how to stop the league's preferential treatment for Oly.

So, "the family" has a mixed record.  And, it was them that stopped the Yannakopoulos brothers from taking over the football club. They wanted to give something to Tzigger to play with.

This is the truth of the matter in regards to the Vardinogiannides....captain was willing to do what it takes to win where as Tzigger basically approached the team with a lackadaisical attitude and seemed content with 2nd or 3rd place....never tried to bring in top names like Rivaldo or Giovanni (and I somewhat agreed with that philosophy at the time) while there was money coming in from europe. Also would refuse to reward players for their performances instead letting them leave for free....selling Seitaridis before the Euro was a huge mistake as well and he started the accumulation of debts in the years before the polymetoxoi. Still would rather have a disinterested Tzigger than a schizophrenic, two faced Alafouzo just for the stability.

^^^

sure, at least under Tzigger the bills were paid and the team wasn't under constant threat of point deductions and relegation to 3rd div....

.... (I feel sad to think of these two choices..... neither of which is/was appropriate for PAO)

PS. Tzigger said that he wasn't to play dirty, 'cause such a thing was beneath him.... OK, I can see that but then it's also unacceptable to participate in something so dirty, illegitimate, which he did but without fighting back. His failure is greater than Alafouzos' because of his money and the family's position in Greek society.  The captain was a much different man....  But, he and his brothers gave our club to a  former car racer (Tzigger) who knew nothing about the sport or had the skills to guide a club.

Edited by Hudson

^^^^^
Tzigger was content with the status quo at the time and that was why he didn't see the need to invest more into building the team....as you say he decided to get involved and did so in a half assed way because of his lack of character and determination in footballing matters.

On another note its good to see Kourbelis taking the decision to stay on and help the club fight relegation. We lost Moledo, Villafanez, Hult, Hiljermark, Koutroubis along with Chavez in the winter transfer window with only the first 3 really impacting the team in a consistent manner. Insua should be able to take over for Hult. It would have been nice if Moledo stuck around until the end of his contract and helped out. Is Luciano still on the team? I know there were efforts to dump him but I haven't found anything substantial regarding this....an understandable but shi##y move as far as injured players go. Mystakidis and Kace should be able to contribute something if they are in game form.

We drew at home against Panetoliko, 0-0.  Kourbelis got injured and will be out about a month.

I just hope Marinos has time to beef up this team before we play the top 3 teams, 'cause I don't want to see a disaster.

^^^^The best we can hope for is that the players on the team remain healthy because there is no depth in the roster.
On a another note there is mention that Alafouzo is putting in some money soon to pay the players....I'm assuming its part of the money coming from the recent deals which Alafouzo tried to use to pay the eforia but got found out....pathetic s.o.b.