Phantis Forums

SL–R23: PAOK - Olympiakos (25 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

How can this be ?!  I thought we owned EPO!  I mean that's what every fan that isn't a PAOK supporter believes (and they generally have a high IQ) so I thought if they think it then it must be true.  Oh no I'm going to have start seeing a psychiatrist now.  My world view has just been shattered.

There is appeal in the works and it will be heard by the EPO disciplinary commission (not the Superleague one). And after that there is additional appeal that we can make. And if Savvidis wants to take further there is always CAS. This can and will probably drag on for a while. For now the team has to go out there and perform without being influenced on the happenings outside the pitch. They have to go out and play not only for the title, but also for 2nd place which is important. And don't forget the cup. The team needs to stay focused.

• Like it 2

Δεν τον θέλουν τον Ρώσο και λογικό. Αυτά να τα βλέπουμε εμείς κυρίως. Το τι κάνει ο Ολυμπιακός και η ΑΕΚ δεν μας απασχολεί. Τον φιλοξενούμενο, τον μπλιατ, τον λαθρέμπορο τσιγάρων τον τρέμουν γιατί δεν είναι δικός τους. Όχι για το πρωτάθλημα, αλλά γιατί προφανώς βάζει χέρι στις μπίζνες που κάνουν οι Ελλαδίτες. Ίσως θέλει να πάρει και το εμπόριο ναρκωτικών από τα χέρια τους, ποιος ξέρει...

So basically the decision is:

-We losethe match 0-3

-We get -3 points on the current season

-30,000 Euro Fine

-2 games with no fans.

Essentially it's a -6 decision for us.  The Championship is no longer in our hands.  We need to go undefeated and hope AEK loses a match. 

With Oly getting the 3 points they end up with 50 points...and back in the hunt for 1st place.  If the appeals fail, I would send the young kids in to play AEK, give them the championship.

Edited by BostonThanatos

If Olympiakos gets the 3 points and we lose our appeals the standings are:

AEK               54
Olympiakos 50
PAOK            49
Atromitos    46

Olympiakos screwed themselves by not beating Panathinaikos on Sunday. Now their only hope is winning the rest of their games and getting the 3 points back and then PAOK beating AEK and also hoping that AEK loses two more points in the remaining games. We basically need the same scenario. We need to beat AEK and the rest of the games and then AEK needs to lose 2 more points. However we also hope that we will win the appeal(s). If not, it's possible that we might be passed by Atromitos if they beat us in two weeks.  

Given PAOK's fate today, just can't be fair or justified that OSFP don't lose points for the riots at Kareskaki so it should eventually look like this if Friday goes as it should, appeals aside and OSFP lose the 3 points with AEK

1. AEK               54
  2. PAOK            49
  3. Olympiakos 47
  4. Atromitos    46
Edited by Alphonse

Guys, do not talk about scenarios where we have to give AEK the match. Olympiakos will not get the three points back. I know that Greece is a corrupt shithole, but this scenario is just impossible.

I think it is much more likely that we get the three points back, but I doubt even that. 

Βρε ας κερδίσουμε με την ΑΕΚ με ένα καθαρό 2-0 και μετά αν δεν μας δώσουν πίσω τους βαθμούς θα γίνει επιτέλους ο εμφύλιος Θεσσαλονίκης - Αθήνας που ονειρεύομαι τόσα χρόνια!

InPAOK says that Aretopoulos considered putting in his resignation but then decided against it. Thank goodness. I, for one, would hate it if the standard of Greek refereeing rose too high.

16 hours ago, Klaous said:

Guys, do not talk about scenarios where we have to give AEK the match. Olympiakos will not get the three points back. I know that Greece is a corrupt shithole, but this scenario is just impossible.

I think it is much more likely that we get the three points back, but I doubt even that. 

Who's talking about giving the game to AEK. PAOK has to come out and prove that we have the better team (which we do). 

If PAOK wins the appeal, expect Olympiakos to get their points back as well. I am almost certain of that. There is a reason why the Olympiakos appeal was postponed twice already.

And let's not forget Olympiakos wants the 2nd place at all cost, which leads to Champions League where they will be seeded among the strong teams in all the qualification draws. Their main goal all along is to make it to group stage of CL so they can keep their cash cow.

BTW here is a game where Olympiakos keeper gets hit by similar roll of paper (this time it actually hit the target as opposed at Toumba), but the game continued ...

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Who's talking about giving the game to AEK. PAOK has to come out and prove that we have the better team (which we do). 

If PAOK wins the appeal, expect Olympiakos to get their points back as well. I am almost certain of that. There is a reason why the Olympiakos appeal was postponed twice already.

And let's not forget Olympiakos wants the 2nd place at all cost, which leads to Champions League where they will be seeded among the strong teams in all the qualification draws. Their main goal all along is to make it to group stage of CL so they can keep their cash cow.

Olympiakos has such a bad team that I cannot see how they are going to qualify for the Champions League through the second place. And I also not believe that they will be in second place at the end. This place is already reserved for AEK hehe. 

Nobody is saying for PAOK not to get punished for the thrown object. All PAOK is asking for the proper punishment which is monetary fine. PAOK should not be punished for a fake injury and manipulated match report.

The appeal might be heard on Friday, but don't expect a verdict for at least a week or 10 days. They will wait until the results of the next two rounds of SL are known before they announce it.  Mark my words. These people are so predictable.

Melissanidis might have control of the fans for the most part, but even then there were problems at OAKA during  a recent game without AEK getting punished. Additionally he has the control of the referees. It's quite interesting to note that most of the referees that call AEK games are from the "enosis" that he controls at EPO.

• Haha 1

ΟΚ, jvc, tomorrow someone might throw a walnut and hit the jacket of our coach. We will be good to leave the game without the referee saying so and without the doctor of the match saying so. And who would you be to say there is no dizziness? An OBJECT was THROWN from a FAN. End of story. 0-3 and -3 to the opposite team. Right?

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, jvc said:

No objects that's final.  Get professionals for security....have metal detectors ect.  LIFE TIME BANS for individuals violating the rules.  At first the video was not clear....when I seen it a few time....PAOKs penalty is warranted.

jvc is right guys, stop giving him a hard time, he knows better than all of us because he supports PAO and they're from Athens.

I know from experience that having metal detectors would definitely have prevented Garcia getting hurt. I tried to walk through the airport with a roll of koloharto once and set every metal detector off in the place. I only just got out of lock up.

Edited by Nea Bafra
  • Like it 1

I believe Oly's oft-delayed appeal is starting any minute now. We go after them, at 6pm local time. I'm preparing myself for their punishment to be overturned and ours to be upheld.

1 hour ago, jvc said:

Yes of coarse it's silly....but this is Greece.   The facts are,  our fans have done major damage to our clubs.  We have discussed....get professional security,  and charge the individuals responsible.  Get them kicked out of the stadiums like in England.   So let's say PAOK gets the points back....how does that solve the issues with fans sabotaging your team?   The biggest worry we have is fans hooligans damaging our teams.   The answer is....get control of your club....like I'm seeing AEK ATM,  they're ahead of the curve.   Olympiakos in my opinion don't control their fans....and mark my words,  they're dropping more point's,   and will be docked more through fan violence by the end of the year.  So what's the point of giving PAOK back the points....the fans are out of control.   PAOK can't play a single match without fearing fan sabotage,  PAO is the same,  but they really don't count for anything and nobody cares.   Get your house in order,  and the positives will be many.

Yes, you are absolutely right about that. PAOK needs to improve its security measurements regardless of what will be the final punishment. If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destined to repeat them. Since Savvidis plans to build a new stadium, he should consider to build a foolproof stadium. 

4 hours ago, jvc said:

So what's the point of giving PAOK back the points....the fans are out of control.   PAOK can't play a single match without fearing fan sabotage,  PAO is the same,  but they really don't count for anything and nobody cares.   Get your house in order,  and the positives will be many.

What's the point?  Are you kidding me? Did you see the television broadcast of the game? Apparently not. Toumba was a church on that day. And what was the result? Pretty much the loss of a title.

Security at Toumba has improved greatly from previous years, thanks to the use of private security, since Greek police is useless. Sure things are not perfect, but compared to the past the difference is day and night.

As for your claim that AEK fans are angels, there were fan trouble at couple AEK games this season, but nothing happened to the team because the ref failed to include that in the match report. Also, I am not sure those angels would react the same way if there was a similar injustice carried against their team.

• Like it 1