Phantis Forums

SL–R23: PAOK - Olympiakos (25 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

35 minutes ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Is there anywhere I can follow the disciplinary hearing or is it all done in private?

I've been looking for info but haven't found any. But I also haven't tried to follow one before...I think it's unlikely to be on any sort of video stream, if that's what you're looking for

1 minute ago, pash said:

I've been looking for info but haven't found any. But I also haven't tried to follow one before...I think it's unlikely to be on any sort of video stream, if that's what you're looking for

Was hoping there might be live Min by min typed updates by a journalist/paok press officer etc. 

Ah well, looks like it’s a nervous wait instead. 

Yeah same here. If anyone sees anything, please share!

-edit- Here is something (link within the link): http://inpaok.com/428531/

-edit again- Here's the direct link - keep in mind you can mute the comments from the peanut gallery (off button on the top right of the chat window): http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/live/2018-03-02/i-ekdikasi-gia-paok-olympiakos

Edited by pash

Karapapas says an additional report was requested of the ref, who said that the rules were followed and the match was broken off due to an injury for Garcia. We're screwed.

Thanks for the link pash.

5 minutes ago, pash said:

Karapapas says an additional report was requested of the ref, who said that the rules were followed and the match was broken off due to an injury for Garcia. We're screwed.

This is not good news.. but surely the fact that the match DR said he was fine, was refused entry to the changing room for 15 mins (along with all the other stuff) negates this?

Technically it shouldn't matter since the league approved him (and hasn't had a problem so far). But I find in cases like this it's better to think of Greece as a sub-saharan African nation, with all the corruption that entails.

Sounds like it officially began. Five lawyers representing our team.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah. So basically the judge denied a request by our guys for a postponement, but has instead called a half-hour recess so that our lawyers could study this new report. How a new report can be filed without one team even knowing of its existence is beyond me.

1 hour ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Ah OK, I didn't realise the match Dr was an employee of PAOK.

I thought he may have been a neutral, private Dr that is appointed by EPO/Super League

I thought EPO would have appointed a neutral ref. But silly me. They didn’t. :play-448698:

• Thanks 1

PAOK lawyer says the match sheet is the match sheet, which invalidates Garcia as a participant.

Oly lawyer claiming that the mistake doesn't matter and that the ref accepted the revised match sheet. As for them not returning to the field, he said that the ref did not request it and so they didn't have to.

The mistake does not matter haha. Good one. Our "mistake" does not matter too then. Welcome to Elladistan. 

It is clear that Aretopoulos was sleeping on that evening. However, the law is clear, officials only. You can punish Aretopoulos too for not proceeding UEFA regularities. Regardless, Garcia was not an Olympiakos official that night. 

The judge is going to accept him as an official, just you wait.

And yeah, our lawyer is pushing "the injury was caused in the locker room, our doctor wasn't even allowed in for 15 minutes" thing. The judge seems disbelieving, though not clear on which claim (I'm guessing the injury part).

Haha Garcia bit his lips according to the professor of medicine. 

EDIT: And he claims that Garcia cannot be injured from a paper roll only from the inside. There must be an injury on his skin too.

Edited by Klaous

As I am seeing it, PAOK has a good defensive line and some strong arguments. The only thing I do not like is that Aretopoulos tried for some reason to screw us by changing his statement now. I hope he loses his job, since he did NOT suspend the game in an orderly manner as he is claiming. There was not even an announcement on the megaphones and in the match report there was nothing he is saying now stated. However, the court we are in is not responsible for the jurisdiction of referees. 

Keep in mind that Aretopoulos has every reason to say that things were done above-board. Ignoring his being a fan of Olympiakos, he needs to look out for his own neck, and so I wouldn't put it past him to write retrospective "clarifying reports."

• Like it 1