Phantis Forums

SL–R23: PAOK - Olympiakos (25 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... this is exactly why I stopped waking up at 4am to watch this sh*t!!!

I wish that paper roll would've cracked his skull... it would at least make the punishment somewhat satisfying.

• Like it 1

Wow just WOW. Had to figure some m*****a would happen and the game would not be played/finished. Yes that guy is an idiot for throwing the paper (especially after everyone had thrown theirs) but the gavori were looking for any excuse to pack up and leave. But unfortunately one of our own gave them that excuse. (not gonna buy the person was planted there by olympiakos)

What can you say? Perhaps the best thing is to get a fan ban and play the AEK match with no spectators. Having no fans did not slow us down earlier in the season.
Hope Atromitos do us a big favour tomorrow. Jesus i still can't believe what transpired, only in Greece, only in our beloved Elladara........

2 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

every year its the same rezilikia from theses "fans" in Toumba, get your act together its an embarrassment to Greek soccer what happens with these buffoons.

Καραϊσκακη και Ριζούπολη. Να συνεχίσω;

• Like it 1

The issue is not so much with someone throwing a paper roll and hitting a coach. It's that of precedent. If the league wants this to be the standard then i expect the same punishment every time something is thrown. Forget the incidents that have happened in the past. There won't be a single derby played in Greece with that standard. So I challenge the league to enforce this.

On the other hand, team punishments only make sense when it's a systemic crowd issue (ie when the violent acts are organized). When one person out of 30 thousand throws a paper roll it's impossible to hold a team accountable to that individuals actions. Again I am basing on what I have seen in Toronto. In 2015 the blue jays played the rangers in the playoffs. After a controversial, yet correct call, blue jays fans threw beer cans on the field. The game continued. A year later, again in the playoffs, a fan threw a beer while an opposing player was trying to make a catch, and nearly hit him. There was a witch hunt to find the fan and he was found  (similar to how paok found last night's fan). Again the jays weren't punished by the league.

• Like it 1

So reading now that we are trying to get out of this on a technicality. We are claiming that Garcia wasn't listed on the official match documents. If that's the case what happened after would be void and Aretopoulos (the ref) will be on the hook for not doing his due diligence before the match. 
Gavori are of course denying that he wasn't listed. I saw a photo on one of the PAOK fan sites of the document where Garcia wasn't listed. How legit that photo was or not I don't know. 

There's hope yet guys, I for one don't care how we avoid punishment. I'm just sick of all titles in Greece not being decided on the pitch. I would rather play the match and lose it cleanly then going through all this. Let's see how it all plays out. 

Listed or Not?

Ref in trouble?

11 hours ago, PAOK17 said:

The issue is not so much with someone throwing a paper roll and hitting a coach. It's that of precedent. If the league wants this to be the standard then i expect the same punishment every time something is thrown. Forget the incidents that have happened in the past. There won't be a single derby played in Greece with that standard. So I challenge the league to enforce this.

On the other hand, team punishments only make sense when it's a systemic crowd issue (ie when the violent acts are organized). When one person out of 30 thousand throws a paper roll it's impossible to hold a team accountable to that individuals actions. Again I am basing on what I have seen in Toronto. In 2015 the blue jays played the rangers in the playoffs. After a controversial, yet correct call, blue jays fans threw beer cans on the field. The game continued. A year later, again in the playoffs, a fan threw a beer while an opposing player was trying to make a catch, and nearly hit him. There was a witch hunt to find the fan and he was found  (similar to how paok found last night's fan). Again the jays weren't punished by the league.

+100 superb post.  Emphasis mine.

17 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

every year its the same rezilikia from theses "fans" in Toumba, get your act together its an embarrassment to Greek soccer what happens with these buffoons.

We are a stronger team than Olympiakos and they took the opportunity to avoid the game.  Everything else is just noise in the background.

What, did you suddenly think that the average fan in Greece has evolved beyond the neanderthal stage ?

Hahaha that hit his shoulder.  

Honestly, with all details being taken I to account, Oly should forfeit the match 3-0 to us, and be fined for leaving the pitch without permission, and the coach should be personally fined for not returning after the stadium doctor said he was fine (layer confirmed by his hospital visits) and Mirallas should get a 3 game ban. 

• Like it 1

BostonThanatos, I fully agree with you on everything you said. I am ashamed of my club after what happened yesterday. Our owner and staff members should be put in the PIT OF MISERY. DILLY DILLY! 

Edited by Molon Lave

Another example of how the Gavroi have turned the League into theirr own personal circus. Pay the refs when they want to, play when they want to, walk off when they want to, refuse to play even though the match doctor (who was originally denied entry into their rooms)  passed the coach fit. 

Then people wonder why no big names want to come to Greece  anymore. This League is corrupt to the core and beyond embarrassing. 

Edited by PAOK_Fan

4 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Hahaha that hit his shoulder.  

Honestly, with all details being taken I to account, Oly should forfeit the match 3-0 to us, and be fined for leaving the pitch without permission, and the coach should be personally fined for not returning after the stadium doctor said he was fine (layer confirmed by his hospital visits) and Mirallas should get a 3 game ban. 

I would add to that make them play in skirts.

Και με ποιο δικαίωμα για 15 λεπτά οι άνθρωποι του Ολυμπιακού ήταν κλεισμένοι στα αποδυτήρια και δεν επέτρεπαν τον γιατρό να μπει μέσα; Αν έχεις πρόβλημα άσε το γιατρό να μπει. Αν δεν έχεις πρόβλημα και πήγες στα αποδυτήρια για δικούς σου λόγους, βγες έξω σε δύο λεπτά να γίνει η σέντρα ή χάνεις το παιχνίδι. Αυτό έπρεπε να πει ο διαιτητής. Τι νταβατζιλίκι είναι αυτό; Ο Καραπαμοσχάρης και ο παππούς αποφασίζουν αν θα φύγει ο προπονητής, αν θα γίνει το παιχνίδι, αν θα μπει ο γιατρός και που θα πάει ο προπονητής για εξετάσεις;

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Και με ποιο δικαίωμα για 15 λεπτά οι άνθρωποι του Ολυμπιακού ήταν κλεισμένοι στα αποδυτήρια και δεν επέτρεπαν τον γιατρό να μπει μέσα; Αν έχεις πρόβλημα άσε το γιατρό να μπει. Αν δεν έχεις πρόβλημα και πήγες στα αποδυτήρια για δικούς σου λόγους, βγες έξω σε δύο λεπτά να γίνει η σέντρα ή χάνεις το παιχνίδι. Αυτό έπρεπε να πει ο διαιτητής. Τι νταβατζιλίκι είναι αυτό; Ο Καραπαμοσχάρης και ο παππούς αποφασίζουν αν θα φύγει ο προπονητής, αν θα γίνει το παιχνίδι, αν θα μπει ο γιατρός και που θα πάει ο προπονητής για εξετάσεις;

That's when they were working on how to "touch up" Garcia ... just right.

kanonika 8elei mhdenismo tous karagkiozhdes kai nikh emeis sta xartia 3 - 0 alla as ginei to mats prosexws na goustaroume. twra pou to skeftomai etsi 8a ginei : 8a oristei gia prosexws ki autes oi kotes den 8a emfanistoun dh8en gia diamarturia. opws kaname emeis propersi sto kupello pou omws eixame ka8e dikio meta thn sfagh sthn Toumba. mark my words. :smoke:

• Like it 1