Phantis Forums

SL–R21: PAOK - Larisa (12 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

2 minutes ago, pash said:

And that's game, 3-0 win. I wonder if our guys started so energized due to the bigger-than-expected crowd. Are there any numbers available?

Not yet, but I was listening to Metropolis and they said it was almost sold out, well at least al the seats were taken (maybe by the dzabatzides?)

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R21: PAOK - Larisa (12 Feb 18, 19:30 EET)
8 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Not only three points but no yellows. Could be a decisive factor in the last 9 games!

Agreed.  It drives me crazy when players get unnecessary yellow cards.  Just hurts the team for no reason.  In previous season we couldn't finish a game without getting at least 3 or 4 yellow cards.  It's been better this season.  Or at least it seems that way.  I'll have to check.

Some nice goals in the highlights.

Vieirinha looks like he's just ripping it up in the LB position.  And here I was saying I was apprehensive about signing him.  Go on Vieirinha, keep throwing egg on my face.  I'm happy to oblige.

Shakhov has his deficiencies, but I've said it before, he at least makes up for it by getting into goal scoring positions.  Nice unselfish assist by Prijovic also for that first goal.

That third goal, I could watch it all day.  Love those through balls that just split a defense and the finish by Prijovic was great.

Great to hear Biseswar played so well. If there is a way to have he and Pelka in the same 11 then it'll be a huge bonus. Probably not realistic in the derbies but no reason why they can't in games like today and next week. 

I like you banana might have to eat some humble pie the way things are going, I didn't think Lucescu could cut it at PAOK but he has proven me wrong. More than happy to continue to be proven wrong especially if it ends in a League title. 

On to Lamia, we haven't dropped points in this run of games. One more to go and then we have a big 4 weeks ahead of us which will make or break this season for us. But first take care of Lamia and then we move on to that 

Having Pelkas in Center with Biseswar on the left wing and Vierinha as LB seemed to work pretty well....Most of the time it seemed like Pelkas would play a little more forward and Biseswar would go into the 10ari position with Vieirinha playing up as a left winger.  With Mak playing less than stellar lately I wouldn't mind this formation over having Mak on the wing and then having Pelkas or Biseswar sitting out. 

Keep in mind that Biseswar is purpose-built to break down those kinds of defenses. Mak is less useful against teams that park the bus and defend deep. Against a team like Oly, Atromitos, etc....it's a different story.

I also feel our midfield is a little more self-sure this time around. This is why Biseswar was played in the cup final as a winger - to put an additional body in there that can hold up the ball. In effect, we played an asymmetric formation with a withdrawn left wing (Biseswar) and a right wing that was pushed way up ahead (Henrique, who as you know cannot hold up the ball or defend or do anything but fly towards goal). I think all of our potential opponents this season will have more trouble bossing us around like AEK did prior to the last cup.