Phantis Forums

Cup-QF: PAOK - Atromitos (24-Jan-18, 21:45 EET)

Blackhawk

• Blackhawk changed the title to Cup-QF: PAOK - Atromitos (24-Jan-18, 21:45 EET)

We did not play very well. We had a lot problems on midfield. Our first goal was from offside position and as a result the ref was giving all the calls to Atromitos after that. Pelkas got injured. Hopefully he will not miss many games.  

Say what you will about Shakhov but he knows how to get into goal scoring positions.  He provided an assist for the first goal and scored the second.  Definitely a handy player to have in the squad.

The first goal was all Vieirinha.  That dribble, impressive.  And the second was all Campos.  Straight out of the Campos text book on how to win the ball back and create a goal.

I'm a fan of Shakhov. He's certainly got that offensive style - as long as he isn't played instead of an AM, I'm happy with him on the squad.

Pelkas will be out at least two weeks, he went under the knife a few hours ago. I'm sure he'll be back before the bone is healed; I just hope they find a Bane mask for that extra bit of fear.

I didn't watch the game, but from what I heard the problem was the same. Our lack of defensive midfielder...

And I read that Lucescu said he doesn't want a DM. If we don't bring any, I hope at least we are not selling Cimirot. It's a suicide not to have a decent DM in the squad. Anyway, that is PAOK...

And I guess Campos continues to show why he should be in the squad and used often (probably more than Limnios at this point).

I'm glad that he gets game time, but Campos should be starting most games.

Game wasn't terrible. The team was defensively suspect, but you could blame the fact that three out of our four defenders spent most of their time attacking. It was pretty fast paced, but full of errors. I think they really wanted to finish the tie in the first leg.

League should be priority, so I'd start some of these second string players again next game - Koulouris, Limnios, Shakhov. Canas should be fit again by then, and should keep us more defensively stable. Going forward, I hope Lucescu uses Biseswar as a starter over El Kaddouri.

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Saw the goals. First offside (I guess the takounaki fooled the ref and linesman) but agree with Bananas: all Vieirinha. Second good steal by Campos.

Paschaliakis 9 games for us and 9 clean sheets. 

I keep thinking, how long can this run last ?!  And haven't wanted to say anything for fear I will jinx him and the team.  So there, Paschalakis, now you can go concede some goals this weekend!

Well, I’m saying it since December 17th (General News & Discussion). 

I’m surprised that the Greek sites and papers have not mentioned it yet. To be honest: I’m curious what our record and who our recordholder is on this matter. Not only clean sheets in a row, but also from starting at a/the club, and for Greece/Greek keepers in general.

Internet did not help me out so far. But found this interesting site: http://xtrahistory.blogspot.nl/2014/04/Record-Statistics.html