Phantis Forums

SL–R17: Kerkyra - PAOK (14 Jan 18, 15:00 EET)

Blackhawk

Solid win.  Peppered their goal towards the end.  Could've easily scored 6 or 7, but to be fair Kerkyra could've gotten a couple of goals also.  They seemed to do nearly all their attacks from the right i.e. Vieirinha's side.  The sooner Azevedo is ready the better.  Vieirinha is good for these games but we need better.  Incidentally, is there any interest from clubs for Leovac ?

As you guys said, against big teams we will have issues. Even the last fifteen minutes when everyone was trying to score like it's an amateur team playing terrified me. I didn't also like that Prijovic kills to score. It's obviously for his numbers and not for the team. With the score at 0-3 he would be furious that he wouldn't get passes to score and he was in two occasions on offside position.

As the rest goes, I will point out the same thing. The midfield suffers. Mauricio and Cimirot are very good players but none is a clear defensive midfielder and there is the problem. Get rid of Canas and get a serious defensive midfielder otherwise no championship for us.

Mak continues to be pathetic yes, and I sense that with the addition of Azevedo all the wingers know that one of the two positions will be kept for Vieirinha and they are worried to prove they should start. Campos, Mak, and Limnios will be fighting for one position, unless Vieirinha gets injured.

As for Leovac, no single team will pay $$ for the guy who is inactive for six months. And actually this shows the quality of the roster. Leovac is in a great age and should get easily a transfer, but now that he is supposed to bring the offer guess what... All those teams who allegedly would offer over a million they suddenly disappeared!

Pffff. Only 1,641 tickets sold for this game. And only because about 1,000 PAOKtzides showed up after a three our drive from Thessaloniki and a transfer by ferryboat to Corfu.

With the gavro playing at this moment just 12,011 tickets sold in 7 games. AEK got 6,014 of them; all the other games had just over 1,000 tickets or less. That is Greek professional football these days......

4 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Pffff. Only 1,641 tickets sold for this game. And only because about 1,000 PAOKtzides showed up after a three our drive from Thessaloniki and a transfer by ferryboat to Corfu.

With the gavro playing at this moment just 12,011 tickets sold in 7 games. AEK got 6,014 of them; all the other games had just over 1,000 tickets or less. That is Greek professional football these days......

Terrible, just terrible.