Phantis Forums

Who Will Replace Mitroglou After He Retires?

Dean97

Don't tell me now Bakasetas is good because he played 1 match.

C'mon. Guy seems clueless most of the time with the NT. 

Doesn't have a killer dribble, a killer shot , lots of football intelligence and vision like Tachtsidis. He has nothing compared to Mantalos Fortounis Donis even Lamprou and Masouras seem better options than him. I - the no 1 hater of Fetfatzidis the fat dwarf - would even put him above Bakasetas in the preference. He needs to work hard because his team is full of offenders. He just had a good season with Asteras probably to move to a better team and that was it for him.

so it looks like karelis has some problems with his heart and might stay out for even 3 months..he's the only real replacement we got at the moment and the guy has been suffering from several health problems the past year..F***k man that sucks....

I would give Bakasetas another chance if he can continue like this. He has played decent in other matches before this one as well. Players like Stafylidis, Kourbelis, Kapino, Pelkas, Lykogiannis and Bakasetas look like they are late bloomers. They all played together in the youth teams and they are getting better by age. I believe we will see even better performances from them when they hit 27 or even 26. 

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

so it looks like karelis has some problems with his heart and might stay out for even 3 months..he's the only real replacement we got at the moment and the guy has been suffering from several health problems the past year..F***k man that sucks....

I would have not expect him to play the way he did before his injury. That knee injury was very serious and no wonder he was out for 9 months. If anything he needs time to regain that form he had. 

17 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

I've always wondered how Bakasetas would do as number 8. He has a very good shot and works hard defensively. Maybe Skibbe can use his brain and put him there. We have no one in our midfield who can shoot like the way he does. Bouchalakis has also got a powerful shot.

2 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I've always wondered how Bakasetas would do as number 8. He has a very good shot and works hard defensively. Maybe Skibbe can use his brain and put him there. We have no one in our midfield who can shoot like the way he does. Bouchalakis has also got a powerful shot.

this game I think he played LM. I think he'd be best as a second striker. Seems like a similar player to Kone.

Mitro is apparently getting like no time in france...

Edited by georgelaz

I don't think Donis is good for striker. he's all fury and fire but can't finish. look at his wiki. he barely has any goals for his apperances. 

he should be like a RW/RF maybe second striker. Kinda like how Salpingidis was but Salps scored goals.

bakasetas will and can score more than kone or donis. He's a bit of a flop for NT but might be able to turn it up. especially if AEK wins the league which will be tough now that Oly got Mirallas.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

22 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

I don't think Donis is good for striker. he's all fury and fire but can't finish. look at his wiki. he barely has any goals for his apperances. 

he should be like a RW/RF maybe second striker. Kinda like how Salpingidis was but Salps scored goals.

bakasetas will and can score more than kone or donis. He's a bit of a flop for NT but might be able to turn it up. especially if AEK wins the league which will be tough now that Oly got Mirallas.

I agree. Bakasetas can score. Donis needs to be in this team no matter what position. His best position is LW. Now that Mitroglou and Karelis are out Donis has to be the striker we go with in a 4-2-3-1. We could experiment with a 3-5-2 but who knows what Skibbe has in mind. 

I also wouldn't count out PAOK.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

Wait a minute--why Mitroglou is out? Also since the next official game is in September, Karelis will be fully recovered by then. In fact he will be back on practise even by February. Even talking about friendly games the nect one in the end of March.

skibbe is a complete idiot and doesn't realize these game will affect our ranking and since both of them are world cup teams, we have a great chance to test our team against them. im not saying not making a restart and call up players like mpakakis, siovas, vlachodimos, charisis, petsos even fetfatzidis for fcking sake, but we won't go out there with our b team like it's an exhibition game. team needs to find cohesion. 

• Like it 1