Phantis Forums

SL–R13: Platanias - PAOK (16 Dec 17, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Platanias.png.288d303a9b3cb4bd0956d4c67b49cab6.png VS   PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg

MATCHUP:              Platanias Chania - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki
COMPETITION:      Superleague – Round 15
DATE:                       16-December-2017
TIME:                       19:30 EET  (17:30 GMT, 11:30 CST, 04:30 AEDT)
CITY / STADIUM:   Perivolia – Dimotiko Stadio (Capacity: 3,700)
REFEREES:              Aristotelis Diamantopoulos (Arkadia) - Ioannis Kourakis (Iraklio), Georgios Kountourelis (Athens)
TELEVISION:          Novasports (Greece, Cyprus, Albania), Antenna Satellite/Pacific (USA/Canada/Australia)

Platanias vs. P.A.O.K. History:

Superleague

2016-2017:  1:3 (Warda, Campos, Shakhov) - Attendance: 1,989
2015-2016:  
0:0 - Attendance: 2,173
2014-2015:  
0:4 (Athanasiadis, Salpiggidis, Mak, Skondras) - Attendance: 1,712
2013-2014:  
2:1 (Athanasiadis) - Attendance: 1,846
2012-2013:  
1:2 (Salpiggidis 2) - Attendance: 2,896

GAMES:  5    WINS:  3    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  1

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R13: Platanias - PAOK (16 Dec 17, 19:30 EET)

We *might* have a few other absences in addition to the four Blackhawk mentioned, as Pashalakis and Matos are sick. Here's my lineup:

--Rey--

--Matos--Varela--Malezas--Deligiannidis--

--Mauricio--Cimirot--

--Campos--Pelkas--Limnios--

--Koulouris--

I think this is still way more firepower than needed to beat these guys. Not much of a rotation here either; Deligiannidis being the only new face. I'm sure Crespo will be the one who actually plays, however.

Sounds about right except as you mentioned Crespo as LB. Hate to see Koulouris in the lineup as I don't rate him at all, but we don't have any options. I would like to see Biseswar being utilized as well. 

I see us dropping points in this game. Usually happens after a convincing game and the resulting euphoria. Pelkas all of a sudden is the new Messi if you read the local press.

it has actually been a little funny, the guy scored 2 (and admittedly very nice) goals and all of a sudden they are digging up photos from him as a kid, telling us about his story and his mother is giving interviews.

Can't help but laugh at the Greek media sometimes. Hopefully pelka keeps on this trajectory and keeps improving. We know his best is good enough, but he doesn't produce it often enough. Let's see how the next 6 months play out for him.  

Pelkas has always been hyped up by the Greek media. Even the commentators over exaggerate when does a simple touch. Him along with Ninis, Fetfatzidis and Koutsianikoulis were named as the Greek Messi. Pelkas is having a much better career than those mentioned. I really hope he continues this form as it would only do good for the national team and also PAOK. I am a Olympiakos fan but I am proud of the way PAOK manage their team. I believe PAOK and Atromitos have strong Greek youth. I also hope PAOK continue to produce more Greek players in the starting 11. 

Edited by Dean97

• Blackhawk changed the title to SL–R13: Platanias - PAOK (16 Dec 17, 19:30 EET)

Here's the list of players for this game. Mistakidis with his first call up this season! :love:

Ρέι, Πασχαλάκης, Μάτος, Δεληγιαννίδης, Μαλεζάς, Κρέσπο, Βαρέλα, Μαουρίσιο, Σάκχοφ, Τσίμιροτ, Κάνιας, Κάμπος, Πέλκας, Μπίσεσβαρ, Λημνιός, Μυστακίδης, Κουλούρης, Δημητρίου

On Platanias' side, they seem to have a few absences due to cards. Most relevant to us, we won't be seeing Korovesis.

My lineup:

------------------ Paschalakis ---------------
Matos - Varela - Malezas - Crespo
------ Mauricio ------------ Cimirot ------
Campos ------ Pelkas ------- Limnos
------------------ Koulouris ------------------

Depending on the score line we might see Mystakidis and Dimitriu for 10 or 15 minutes.

In my opinion this game is tougher then it appears and I would not be surprised if we drop points tomorrow. The team needs to be serious when it enters the pitch.