Phantis Forums

Cup-R4-L1: AO Trikala - PAOK (19-Dec-17, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Some thoughts:

Biseswar looked out of sorts, but improved in the last 20 or 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure it's just the amount of time he's been out.

Rey looked shaky on all of the set pieces from the first half. I think he has a minor confidence issue, though I don't see him regressing.

Prijovic possibly our best attacking midfielder today ;)

Good movement and individual actions by Pelkas. On the other hand, Limnios was relatively invisible. Campos was a bit better when he came on.

Malezas and Varela very solid. No complaints there. Varela should sit out the return leg for Poungouras.

Matos is obviously the man of the match.

Deligiannidis may have made a mistake, but nobody starts out a fully formed player. He needs more time, and these are exactly the kinds of games where he should be given them. He recently said his "natural" position is right back (funny considering I thought he was a left winger); Lucescu should absolutely play him there in the home leg against Trikala. Matos needs rest and shouldn't be risked in these low threat games.

I know Blackhawk will disagree with him, but I've seen some improvement by Koulouris in recent games as far as as his off the ball movement and passing is concerned. Still somewhat missing as a target man, which should be his greatest strength.

And a BIG shout out to our fans, who are trying their best to harm our team.

Nice win.

Postive things out of this game:

- secured a spot in the quarterfinals of the cup
- will have the chance to rest players in the return game
- Mystakidis return into the lineup and almost scoring
- Biseswar getting a start and scoring

Negative:

- the fans for possibly punishing the team with a 2 game fan ban of Toumba
- Prijovic not scoring, who deserved at least one  goal
- Deligiannidis. I am afraid he is not a LB material. Can't blame the kid though. His natural position is a right mid/forward. 
- Rey looking shaky today

Final note: Shakhov is out top scorer in the cup with 3 goals.

My biggest problem with the kit is that each time they'd be along the opposite touch line, they'd blend into the advertisements. Kept thinking they were passing to nobody.

28 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

- Deligiannidis. I am afraid he is not a LB material. Can't blame the kid though. His natural position is a right mid/forward. 

I agree. Something tells me that playing him up front will yield a completely different, better player.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Nice win.

Postive things out of this game:

- secured a spot in the quarterfinals of the cup
- will have the chance to rest players in the return game
- Mystakidis return into the lineup and almost scoring
- Biseswar getting a start and scoring

Negative:

- the fans for possibly punishing the team with a 2 game fan ban of Toumba
- Prijovic not scoring, who deserved at least one  goal
- Rey looking shaky today

Final note: Shakhov is out top scorer in the cup with 3 goals.

No offense, but Prijovic doesn't deserve $hit....he had 2 goals served to him on a platter and he Klaused them both....

Comparing Prijovic and Klaus is like comparing apples to oranges. So far Prijovic played 40 games for PAOK and score 20 goals (in all competitions). Klaus forgot how to score ages ago. He's probably scoring in other departments, but not on the pitch. I thought Prijovic had a pretty good game against Trikala, including two assists.

There's more to the performance than the number of goals that are scored. Prijovic is a big presence up front for us. Compared to Klaus, he holds up the ball well, is a better dribbler, and a better passer. And perhaps most importantly - he BELIEVES in himself. He made an impact yesterday.