Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2017

pash

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Sometimes I just don't understand the people running PAOK. Once again we were burned during a transfer period. 

That's why PAOK is still a smaller team compared to Olympiakos and even AEK in some aspects.

I didn't say AEK is perfect, but I prefer to criticize PAOK rather than point out the other teams' errors. I want PAOK to be the biggest team in Greece and thrive in Europe. And for this to be done the only way is to become better every day. And after almost six years of Savvidi's era we are still doing baby steps.

And the stupidity and incompetence of the people in charge, we shoot ourselves in the leg every single transfer period. We did last summer and we are doing the same right now. Same stories over and over again. And then we rehire Pantelis and GX to change the end of the story!

Best news I heard this morning. Michai is not a replacement for Moledo. He is future prospect investment, just like Limnios was last season. If we do get a CB it's going to be somebody else.

On  the negative side, they are still talking about loaning Kace, Konstantinidis and Mystakidis to Panathinaikos. Hope that's not the case, specially if we are going to pay for their salaries.

The other thing that is not happening this transfer period is getting rid of the dead wood on the team: Brkic, Leovac, Zambrano, etc.

Also there is a rumor and/or fake news that PAOK has received a 7 mil offer from a German team for Pelkas. His buyout option is 7 mil BTW.

Poor PAOK... January 19th and we got only one player who will be ready (let's hope so) late January or early February.

And every December we listen to everyone that the players have to come on Jan 1 and to get in shape really quick blah blah blah. I can easily see us getting player(s) on Jan 31. Or maybe if Zambrano goes nowhere we will have to play the guy, which might be a great choice by itself.

Zambrano is still on the roster, but is probably having some good time in Peru.  He was supposedly trying to find a team in Germany to take him on, but why worry when two teams are covering your salary.

Don't think Michel went to see him, since he traveled to Ukraine, and the player is with his team in Spain. He might have gone there to talk to his agent though.  Strangely it's George Savvidis who is allegedly vacationing in the same city in Spain where Dinamo Kiev is holding their training sessions.

Cimirot is on his way to Standard Liege according to paok24. If it's true it could explain the interest in Caktas, since Lucescu doesn't seem to rate Shakhov and to a lesser extent Canas as starters. Personally I think it's the wrong move, we are in the title race, makes no sense to sell a starter especially for an amount (2.5mil) that's not exactly breaking the bank 

http://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/110258/tsimirot-gia-stantar-liegis

Fully agree @paokarag4.  You don't sell your starting DM unless the offer is outrageous.  I'm talking it would have to be 5 million to even think about it.  Or maybe risking it for 2.5 million is worth it considering we are one point from the top team on the ladder and haven't won a title since 1985 ? :confused:

• Like it 1