Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2017

pash

El Khaddouri has been unimpressive and right now I'd be happy to sell him.  Having said that, we were all saying the same about Biseswar about this time last year.  Let's see what El Khaddouri can deliver over the rest of the season.  I'm not holding my breath though.

If they get an offer they should sell him. Now that Pelkas has established himself as a starter and Biseswar coming from the bench we are fine. We don't have time to give 10 more games to El Kaddouri with the hope that he will eventually get to play at the standards of his salary!

24 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

I agree about Djalma @Yiankos
He's quick and he's very good at shielding the ball and bodying his way past defenders. We should be holding onto him onto the end of the season and even then I'm not opposed to keeping him

He can also take some hits too.  He doesn't seem fazed by a defender that plays dirty.

12 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The longer this Moledo situation goes on, the sooner PAOK should just announce that they are no longer interested. 

Thinking about this ... it always seems like the player and their agents have the upper hand in our transfer dealings.  In a way it's the clubs fault because at end of the day the club has not set a precedent of "don't f**k us around".

If in the past we had set deadlines and when the deadline past, that was it, then Moledo's manager would be telling him "listen man, these guys don't f**k around, deadline is approaching".  Instead we have this farce.

Likewise with us selling players.  We have these articles where that french team is making incremental offers for Prijo.  Or even worse, these teams always and I mean always offer much less than the minimum release clause.  If in the past we'd stuck to our guns and said "listen, this is the price, come close or don't bother" we'd have more hand in these dealing.

The desperation each transfer period.  It makes me cringe. 

According to the French news reports (or fake news) Prijovic has already agreed with Rennais at a salary of 2.5 mil. If that is the case and we believe PAE PAOK that he is not for sale, then the French teams and the player broke FIFA rules, since he is under contract until 2021.

The latest with Moledo is that the player agreed with PAOK and is ready to travel to Toumba to sign the contract.

PAOK will pay PAO somewhere between 290 -  400K (depending on which fake news site you believe) . Some of that money will also go to Moledo who is owed around 140K by Panathinaikos in back wages.

Kace and Kosntantinidis will be loaned to PAO with PAOK paying their wages for the rest of the season, but there appear to be some final details that need to be ironed out. Panathinaikos also asked for Mystakidis loan as part of the deal.

Apparently PAOK told all involved that the deal needs to be completed by Thursday or they will withdraw their interest in Moledo.

I am sure we have not heard the latest in this soap opera.

So PAO now wants THREE players, none of whom they will pay for, PLUS 400k out of this deal? Jesus.

As for Rennes. I'm doubtful that they "agreed terms" already. And if they did, tough s%$#! - he signed the extension, he can suck on it.

I believe a player under contract is not allowed to negotiate. I'm also sure that every player negotiates, on a hypothetical basis. If he did do something, I'm sure nothing will come of it.

I think the Rennes story is Prijo's agent trying to tell Lucescu that starting Koulouris ahead of his client is not a good idea. To be honest he is right.

As for Mystakidis, I think it would be a mistake to let him go on loan. He needs to start playing now.

In that case unless Rennais pays the 10mil buyout option the player can't go anywhere. He can't sign with anybody  unless he is in his last 6 months of his contract with PAOK.

The more I think about the Moledo deal the more I want it to fail. Specially if all this is just for a 6-month loan.  

I would not mind Mystakidis going on a loan for the rest of this season. He will hardly get any playing time at PAOK. He needs games to get into shape both physically and mentally.

Yeah, originally I wanted Moledo, even if it was only for a 6 month loan deal, but now the transfer has a bad stink about it.  I'd be kind of glad if the whole thing just fell apart.  He is a quality player, no doubt, but if he doesn't want to play for us, move on my friend.

Yet another twist in this Moldeo saga. Olympiakos is trying to hijack the deal offering just under 500k and Taso Karamanos. Apparently this offer came into PAO around 48 hours ago, and perhaps is contributing to the delay. I'm with most of you guys, I'm over it at this point. Like i've said we have other positions that need covering. We've coped 7 goals in 17 league games. Our centre backs are fine 

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superleague/panathinaikos/protash-sfhna-olympiakou-gia-moledo.5033382.html

Look, PAO is fighting for survival so i can understand them wanting to get as much as they can for Moledo.

We for our part should know better.  We have been screwed numerous times whenever dealing with Greek clubs or players.

We should have called the Moledo transfer off last week.  It should've been finalised quickly.  Otherwise, they just use your offer to their advantage.

Agreed.

Read today that the Mistakidis loan would be unrelated to Moledo. I just hate the idea of him being tainted by that team. Though at least he wouldn't be playing for a team that can actually compete against us this year.

Sometimes I just don't understand the people running PAOK. Once again we were burned during a transfer period. 

We are now begging the player to come to us. Instead of issuing an ultimatum to him to give his final answer we have Michel making daily emergency trips to Athens to beg him. I think we are now at the point where Savvidis does not want to back down so the Moledo issue would not be presented as a defeat by PAOK in Athenian press. Specially if he ends up at Olympiakos. 

The bad thing is that we had a much better CB on our roster than Moledo in Zambrano, but for some weird reason we kicked him out of the team.