Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2017

pash

According to Serbian media report PAOK has accepted a 4.5 mil Euro offer from Stade Rennais for Prijovic. Another report says that Prijovic himself is not happy by the salary offer from Rennais. No official mentions from PAE PAOK on the matter. 

Moledo is almost certainly not coming to us. Seems he did sign that pre-contract, so PAO only has a loan for the remainder of the season as an option. Savvidi, if you're listening, NO LOAN

I understand that getting a player on loan isn't ideal but if he is gonna sure up our back half (again I think we have other areas where we have more pressing issues) then I guess the logic is he comes across and helps us contend for the title and hopefully win it (i still have reservations about our title credentials) but never the less you are in a position to go deep into the race. So is it maybe a short sighted view? Maybe, contra breaks it down further to how we are gonna lure him into signing in the summer, personally I think this will be just a pit stop for him on the way back to Brazil but we'll see. 

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superleague/paok/to-trik-toy-paok-gia-na-peisei-ton-moledo.5022831.html

It's absolutely a pit stop on his way to Brazil. He'll come here, play halfassed the two or three times he's asked to, pick up his paycheck, eat some bougatsa, wam bam thank you ma'am.

And in return? Poungouras sits on the bench, gets no game time for another season, then in two years when he's released due to a failure to develop we'll all be wondering what happened.

Apparently the Moledo deal is a 6-month loan. We will pay Panathinaikos 500K. No other players involved. This is done this way in order to keep Internacional from getting  their 25% portion. We also giving Panathinaikos a lifeline so they don't declare bankruptcy right now. The risk is that if Moledo decides to go to Brazil in July and will not give his all in the few months that he is with us. Michel is staying over night in Athens in order to talk to Moledo tomorrow to complete the deal. 

We have apparently also declined two offers from Rennais for Prijovic. First was for 2.5 mil and the second for 3.5 mil. PAOK is looking for around 5 mil despite the fact that the player has a 10 mil buyout option. All this of course could be media BS.

Another rumor is that Stuttgart is checking out Pelkas.

Regarding Moledo, I'm actually for the Moledo loan.  If we can't get him permanently this will do.  End of the day we need a CB to replace Zambrano and we need a CB to be able to challenge for the title.  If Varela or Crespo don't play for an extended period that leaves just Malezas.  It's not enough.  If we were 10 points behind Olympiakos then yeah this would be a silly move but right now we are in the race and we have to give ourselves the best chance.  End of the season, he can go and then we can look for a more permanent signing.

Regarding Prijovic, I can only assume these offers are a joke ?  3.5 million ?  Are they crazy ?  He is the best striker we have had in years we are one point from the top team and we haven't won the league since 1985.  I personally wouldn't even sell him for 10 million right now.  Sell Prijovic and we can kiss the title challenge good bye.  If we do sell him, then I can only assume we never really believed we could do it anyway.

It also looks like Kace is getting ready to go to Athens on a six month loan, after which point the two teams will evaluate whether or not he'll permanently be a part of that horrible team. No word on Konstantinidis from what I can see.

Somewhat related, I was watching a video of that elephant guy and they said Mistakidis was originally part of this deal. Say it ain't so!

Το θέμα είναι να γίνουν οι κινήσεις σύντομα. Άιντε εκεί οι Μίχελ, Κωνσταντινίδης, Λουτσέσκι, ποιοι αποφασίζουν κουνηθείτε γρήγορα. Μην περιμένουμε να αρχίσουν οι γκέλες. Πήραμε αριστερό μπακ οκ, τώρα πάμε και για τους υπόλοιπους. Αφού θεωρητικά ο Σαββίδης ρίχνει το χρήμα. Χρειαζόμαστε κεντρικό αμυντικό, αμυντικό χαφ και επιθετικό. Για μένα αν δεν διώξουμε τον Κάνιας για να πάρουμε κόφτη με @@ πρωτάθλημα δεν θα πάρουμε.

Έχει χαβαλέ να στείλουμε τον Κάτσε στον βάζελο. Κάποτε αυτοί μας δίναν τα σαπάκια τους, τώρα γύρισε ο τροχός!

Moledo will most likely be announced tomorrow. We will pay 300K to Panathinaikos. Kace and Konstantinidis to be loaned as well with their salaries to be paid by PAOK. Final details will be announced tomorrow. Rumors are that Panathinaikos asked as part of negotiations for Moledo not to play in our game against them at Leoforos  in Round 29 of Superleague.

I have not heard of Mystakidis being involved. I know that Panathinaikos really wanted Koulouris. I would not mind Mystakidis being loaned so he could get in shape both physically and mentally and be ready for the 2018-19 season.

The Italians are saying we're looking at center back Sebastien De Maio:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sebastien-de-maio/profil/spieler/56830

We played against him last year, when he was wearing Fiorentina's jersey. I wouldn't be surprised if we put out feelers about him earlier, but with Moledo coming this winter I doubt we'll move on this player. They're also saying Sassuolo and a few other teams are linked with him.