Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2017

pash

Figured it would be a good time to start this thread...

Some rumors:

Pelkas to  Besiktas - Besiktas is reportedly interested in Fortounis, but his high price tag might make that a non starter. A backup option for them is Pelkas. Someone on another thread here in Phantis said they're considering a 5mm offer, though I haven't seen any source stating that.

Guillaume Cros - currently plays in Germany's third division (Jena). I can't see this happening, though the news today says that several sites are linking him with us. Here's his stats page: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/guillaume-cros/profil/spieler/205521

Not sure if it's a rumor, but Zambrano apparently wants to go back to Russia. If he does leave, we'll surely keep Poungouras, though I hope we do find a loan for him regardless.

I don't think it's Zambrano that wants to leave. I think it's PAOK that wants to save money and is sending him back to Rubin.

The Cros rumor must be fake news. Either that or we have not learned anything from the Leveque fiasco.

I would love to get Stafylidis on a short term loan, as unlikely as it would be. I think that come next season, Giannoulis will be more than ready to take that starting position.

Regarding Zambrano, all Lucescu has said is that "he's a PAOK player." So I guess we'll see.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:38 AM, Blackhawk said:

I don't think it's Zambrano that wants to leave. I think it's PAOK that wants to save money and is sending him back to Rubin.

In an ideal world we would keep Zambrano.  Overall he's been very good aside from a couple of errors but that's to be expected.  He does need lessons in driving though.  The idea of having Zambrano plus one of Varela and Crespo rotating gives us a solid set of CB's and it shows in our defensive record this season.

I can only assume you are correct and we are trying to save money given the fiasco in not qualifying for EL group stage.  Even so, it was unlikely we would acquire him next season given his wages are so high.  I just hope that the good form Varela has had this season doesn't drop off once there is less competition for the CB position.

I see no reason not to keep him for this season at least. We're only paying half his wages at the moment, after all.

Sport24 reporting that Giannoulis will stay at Atromitos (good move, IMO). Instead, we're looking at Panionios' Safi for that position. My hope of us getting Stafylidis is apparently a non starter, as he'd cost too much even for a loan.

They also say we're considering Hult (if he does become a free agent), though I really don't think he'd consider coming to us. At this point, he'll likely want to change countries altogether.

I would like to keep him too, but I think the decision has been made already. I think the main reason for letting him go is financial. This means we need to acquire another CB.

As for Stafylidis, he himself said he does not want to come back to Greece anytime soon. He'll probably pull a "Vieirinha" and come back to PAOK when he's in his 30's. 

Yeah, he seemed pretty adamant about not coming back. Then again, if his career takes a complete nose dive, perhaps he'll come crawling back. We seem like just the kind of suckers that would accept a player back under those conditions.

Stafylidis would be a great signing but yeah it's not going to happen.  Either way we need a left back.  We've gone from Leovac > Leveque > Vieirinha > Crespo.  Should be our first priority.  Next priority should be a CB if Zambrano is leaving and some cover for Prijovic.  Koulouris alone ain't going to keep us in contention for the title.

Edited by Bananas

At least one site says we've already got a deal with him, so...there's that.

I know I'll get flack for saying this, but I don't think we need another CB. It's ridiculous that Poungouras isn't playing in every low-priority game already. I know he's been "injured" for the past few days, but he should be starting vs teams like Platanias, Levadiakos, etc. How else are we going to develop players? This institutionalized fear we have of everyone who isn't 28 or older is draining our cash supply and leaving us with grown-ass men who can't kick a ball.

10 hours ago, Bananas said:

So I'm reading Koutroubis will be leaving PAO.  Does anyone think he'll be decent as a rotation player

We have been linked to few PAO and ex-PAO players, including their coach, already. I think it's just fake news. As for Koutroubis, we have Poggouras and Dimitriu. They are young and promising prospects.

Our pressing problems right now are LB, RB (Matos backup), and forward (Prijo backup).

On 12/20/2017 at 6:27 AM, pash said:

Platanias interested in Siampanis during this transfer window

I would agree to that move only if they guaranteed him certain number of games. Let's say at least 8 games out of the 15 left for Platanias.

Than I would not send him to Platanias. They will be playing in B' Division next season and I am certain Siabanis does not want to play in B'Division. If I remember right it was very difficult to secure his contract extension at PAOK. Only after guaranteeing him certain playing time with PAOK did his Olympiakos based agent agree to the contract extension.