Phantis Forums

2018-2019 UEFA Nations League C

Argy

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

Guys read below especially the underlined... It clearly says 1 Team from each league will qualify to the Euros... meaning each league is Group A B C D.. 

Euro 2020 qualifying play-offsEdit

Teams which fail in the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying group stage may still qualify for the final tournament via the play-offs. Each league in the UEFA Nations League will be allocated one of the four remaining UEFA Euro 2020 places. Four teams from each league which have not already qualified for the European Championship finals will compete in the play-offs of their league, to be played in March 2020. The play-off berths will be first allocated to each group winner, and if any of the group winners have already qualified for the European Championship finals, then to the next best ranked team of the league, etc.

Lets say if Greece finish 2nd to Finland do we still have a chance to go through Nations League via playoffs? 

Thanks for posting the right information.  I was way off. I guess I read the wrong info. Sorry 

from what I'm reading Greece would get a play off spot if they finish 2nd to Finland. But Finland would have to already qualify through regular qualifiers for that to happen. 

I don't think Finland is that good lol

2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Lol I’ve only been telling you guys this the last 3 months ?

Bro you’ve been saying the opposite.. you said A,B,C,D don’t all get one spot at the Euros which was is wrong.. which in fact it’s very clear that 1 team from each Leavue A B C and D will get one spot at the Euros.. you’ve been saying the opposite..

• Like it 1

53 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

A very small chance. Torontoblue is right, Finland isnt good enough to do that.

they might actually just be good this year. eg) iceland that was decent but historically is not. maybe they have a slight golden generation. Lod was very good at pao and their defense was quite solid and organized too. wouldn't put it past them.

4 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Thanks for posting the right information.  I was way off. I guess I read the wrong info. Sorry 

from what I'm reading Greece would get a play off spot if they finish 2nd to Finland. But Finland would have to already qualify through regular qualifiers for that to happen. 

I don't think Finland is that good lol

Read my previous posts, I explain clearly that we can attend the playoffs because there's a great chance league A and B teams will qualify to the Euros through the regular qualification.  

This way their spots in NL playoffs will be given to teams which failed to qualify, hence Greece finishing second is of great importance. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

Read my previous posts, I explain clearly that we can attend the playoffs because there's a great chance league A and B teams will qualify to the Euros through the regular qualification.  

This way their spots in NL playoffs will be given to teams which failed to qualify, hence Greece finishing second is of great importance. 

Alright, at least we have a glimmer of hope left through this path.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

Bro you’ve been saying the opposite.. you said A,B,C,D don’t all get one spot at the Euros which was is wrong.. which in fact it’s very clear that 1 team from each Leavue A B C and D will get one spot at the Euros.. you’ve been saying the opposite..

It was down to interpretation really. 

It also depends on who qualifies and who plays in the play offs, if you read my messages I’m mainly pointing out that there is no simultaneous play off tournament with the group A guys, I told you that a while back.

And that the play offs take place AFTER the regular Euro qualifiers, this is based on NL rankings.

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

Correct and why for example group B countries may qualify normally 

11 hours ago, georgelaz said:

they might actually just be good this year. eg) iceland that was decent but historically is not. maybe they have a slight golden generation. Lod was very good at pao and their defense was quite solid and organized too. wouldn't put it past them.

Icelands head trainer was Lagerbäck. During his tenure they reached the World Cup playoff in 2013 and qualified to Euro 2016.

The Finnish golden generation was IMO Litmanen Hyypiä Forssell Jääskeläinen and Co (2004-2006) but they achieved nothing.

Perhaps Finland can repeat the performance of Northern Ireland between 2014-2016 tho. Finnish head coach Kanerva was in 2015 only a caretaker manager. They sacked their former head coach Paatelainen, and didnt find a new coach yet. His statistics were quite good then (3 wins, one against us in Athens, 2 draws zero losses). Then they had a Swedish coach who couldnt win a single game (out of thirteen). In 2016 Kanerva was appointed again, and he has already 10 wins beside 5 draws and only four losses. He may achieve something with this team, you are right. But Im afraid they will qualify via Nations League if they will.

• Like it 1

THis tournament makes no sense to me.

Finland for example because they will have done well in 6 game tournament would get a guarantee

to at least make it to the euro playoffs ?

Any qualification for playoff or tournament should be at least over 8 games  or even 10 games

but there is no way teams should get a guaranteed route to the playoffs for doing well over 6 games.

This is nonsense .     

2 hours ago, nasl said:

THis tournament makes no sense to me.

Finland for example because they will have done well in 6 game tournament would get a guarantee

to at least make it to the euro playoffs ?

Any qualification for playoff or tournament should be at least over 8 games  or even 10 games

but there is no way teams should get a guaranteed route to the playoffs for doing well over 6 games.

This is nonsense .     

It makes sense if you are a smaller footballing nation with almost no chance of qualifying in the traditional method

13 minutes ago, paokara777 said:

It makes sense if you are a smaller footballing nation with almost no chance of qualifying in the traditional method

I bet if Greece were in first place it would make more sense to you too 

• Like it 1

Greece are going to be in tough if they continue to let Skibbe stay on. I am worried about the draw they will get in December. The team has missed the last 2 tournaments, I still cant believe how they did not qualify for the last Euros after being handed an easy group with Romania, NI, Finland, Hungary and Faroes it should have been a lock to finish in the top 2 in that group and even 3rd would have been good enough to qualify as Hungary made it. Anyways after making the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Euros and 2010 and 2014 World Cups its so tough watching the hard times the Ethniki are going through ATM. 

Yeah, it make no sense. It is easier to qualify for Euros now compared to the Rehhagel and Santos era. All we needed to do is draw with Finns and we would be in a strong position to top Group with home games to come in Nov. Ντροπή.

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Greece are going to be in tough if they continue to let Skibbe stay on. I am worried about the draw they will get in December. The team has missed the last 2 tournaments, I still cant believe how they did not qualify for the last Euros after being handed an easy group with Romania, NI, Finland, Hungary and Faroes it should have been a lock to finish in the top 2 in that group and even 3rd would have been good enough to qualify as Hungary made it. Anyways after making the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Euros and 2010 and 2014 World Cups its so tough watching the hard times the Ethniki are going through ATM. 

Now we are honestly looking at an impossible task to make the Euros as only the top 2 spots make it. We are looking at having 2 teams that are much more superior to us and if we drop into pot 4 then we are looking at 3 difficult teams.. This nations league was truly our best opportunity in the an easy group... Skibbe should have been sacked after failure to get us to the world cup but waiting this long will cost us another tournament.. I'm starting to read that if he gets positive results in his next two matches he will lead us to the Euros... We are going to be screwed for a long time...

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

Now we are honestly looking at an impossible task to make the Euros as only the top 2 spots make it. We are looking at having 2 teams that are much more superior to us and if we drop into pot 4 then we are looking at 3 difficult teams.. This nations league was truly our best opportunity in the an easy group... Skibbe should have been sacked after failure to get us to the world cup but waiting this long will cost us another tournament.. I'm starting to read that if he gets positive results in his next two matches he will lead us to the Euros... We are going to be screwed for a long time...

If he cant get us to first in the Nations league group which looks highly improbable then he MUST go! The EPO gave him a second chance after the WCUP qualifiers and he has obviously failed, there is no way that Greece shouldn't be a top of this group.They said he would be out after these last 2 games if he didn't get wins and now the EPO may keep him on through the Euro qualification??? WTF. If we do fall further down the rankings and then have 3 tough teams to go through then we will most likely be out of another major tournament!

• Like it 2

Because they on average have better chances to do so than your average league C side. For example Russia has better chances than Scotland, Austria has better chances than Israel, Poland (who relegated) than Finland, Ukraine than Finland and so on...

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic