Phantis Forums

2018-2019 UEFA Nations League C

Argy

I’ve seen enough of Galanopoulos to say this...

He is what this team needs!!! He’s hungry and runs all game, he also takes the call up and goes forward which we suffer in the midfield from so much atm.

He has played in many big games for AEK domestically and in Europe and is only 20.

Get him and our in form players starting for Greece and watch a new team explode over the status que stand and pass side ways and backwards m*****es we have had to watch for so long. 

I can tell you know Galanopoulos won’t be out of his depth in League of Nations

• Like it 2

galanopoulos has been starting for aek since last year and he's only 20. i don't know what you consider nt material but definitely he deserves to be there more than tziolis and tachtsidis who were in the latest call ups. personally i would start him over zeca because he's 10 years younger than him and already projected to have a better career. but most importantly we need to take care of the future and zeca i doubt will be really useful until the next world cup campaign. 

unless you want to start both zeca and galanopoulos/kourmpelis and bench samaris but this way you'll have little creation from the midfield and you'll be praying fortounis or pelkas to have a field day.

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Lazo, is Samaris authoritive and intimidating enough for DM at that level after so long playing there though?  Someone new might do better than him and Tziolis perhaps. Zeca has the passing range, or Kourbelis, Gala or  Siopis.  A friendly or two really helps.

I think he is. I recall 2016 for Benfica they even slotted him at CB and got MOTM in the knockout rounds. He might go back to oly too in which oly will become the haven for the NT now.  They realized that foreigners will not bleed for the shirt as often as Greeks will. eg) duds like Seba

Edited by georgelaz

^^Not the case at all. No Champions league so Marinakis is looking to local market for cheaper options. Lazaros, Fetfa, Toro were both free transfers. Gianniotis was a player swap. Although Naktho isn't Greek he too was a free transfer. Saving $ is the key when you aren't getting the 20Million or whatever it is from the Champions league. 

If they do sign Samaris it'll be at a reduced price (if any price at all) because Benfica have been trying to offload him from last season. 

Edited by paokarag4

Apparently Tzavellas and Maniatis looking for a team. I guess this means that they will not be called up for the September games................Thank God!!! Now we only have to pray he doesn't call Tziolis his saviour and salad tosser!!!

10 hours ago, Makynia said:

Apparently Tzavellas and Maniatis looking for a team. I guess this means that they will not be called up for the September games................Thank God!!! Now we only have to pray he doesn't call Tziolis his saviour and salad tosser!!!

Don't be so sure with Skibee I bet you he does call them up anyways ffs.....

No, Tzavellas is not a decent option neither as a CB nor as a LB. At CB position Sokratis, Manolas and Retsos (injured atm) are locks while Papadopoulos' team got relegated and himself is injured again. The 4th spot should basically go either to Siovas who's been starting in Spain with Leganes, or to Mavropanos but he won't be starting with Arsenal this season. Under these circumstances I'd call up Oikonomou who's a starter in AEK as a replacement for injured Retsos and Mavropanos because we should take care of our future backline. 

In LB; we do have PLENTY of BETTER options than Tzavellas. Tsimikas is already miles better than him offensively and when he gains some experience he'll manage to be a great modern full back, like Vrsaljko to say. We also have Lykogiannis who obviously does better than Tzavellas as well as Torosidis, Stafylidis and Mpakakis who can play in both LB and RB.

In reality Tzavellas should even be an option, let alone atm that he's a free agent, but you never know with Skibbe as a coach. I bet he will get called up, so will Tziolis instead of Galanopoulos. I unfortunately can guarantee you that, despite Galanopoulos should be already a rotation player in this team. 

• Like it 1

Donis and Fetfa on the wings are very creative. We are actually due to win the Euro again in two years time so may the Pirates get on with it.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2

you want tzavellas because he's 10 years in this team despite we have more talented players in his position, but you want want lazaros who's been with the team for the same period, calling him old but in reality he's like 1 year older than tzavellas and most importantly we don't have any better player aside of donis atm and potentially limnios. ?

that makes no sense bud 

• Like it 1
  • Haha 2

hate it or love but tzavellas steps it up for the NT and he was very good when he was at PAOK. he gets undue hate imo and gave us some stability on the left when stafy was a question mark

frustrating belgium (to the point mertens tried to bully him)

fk goal vs montegro (we have been sucking at friendlies so good points)

the equalizer volley vs bosnia to get us into the playoffs 1-1

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

All I know is that Tzavellas weaknesses outweighs his strengths. We've got many players who can take free kicks such as Fortounis and Lazaros. Stafylidis scores most of his goals from free kicks. 

At left back Tsimikas, Koutris, Stafylidis, Lykogiannis and Bakakis can play there. It's time we move on from Tziolis, Maniatis and Tzavellas. We have Torosidis, Sokratis and Lazaros for the experience. 

We need players that can play forward and with creativity. I'm tired of seeing back passes, slowness and losing possession. To remove this we start by getting players who can play forward, keep possession and move into space. 

We need to stop playing it safe and start try to push for more goals. Tachtsidis and Samaris have let us down these past 4 years. I don't know who we should play exactly but it wouldn't hurt to change it around. Galanopoulos has played many games for Aek in both Europe and domestic. Give him the freedom and he has got the ability and talent to make something happen. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

8 hours ago, Boxou said:

you want tzavellas because he's 10 years in this team despite we have more talented players in his position, but you want want lazaros who's been with the team for the same period, calling him old but in reality he's like 1 year older than tzavellas and most importantly we don't have any better player aside of donis atm and potentially limnios. ?

that makes no sense bud 

Different position. Lazaros has taken his chances with the NT. Tzavellas whenever picked was always 2nd option behind Holebas.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

All I know is that Tzavellas weaknesses outweighs his strengths. We've got many players who can take free kicks such as Fortounis and Lazaros. Stafylidis scores most of his goals from free kicks. 

At left back Tsimikas, Koutris, Stafylidis, Lykogiannis and Bakakis can play there. It's time we move on from Tziolis, Maniatis and Tzavellas. We have Torosidis, Sokratis and Lazaros for the experience. 

We need players that can play forward and with creativity. I'm tired of seeing back passes, slowness and losing possession. To remove this we start by getting players who can play forward, keep possession and move into space. 

We need to stop playing it safe and start try to push for more goals. Tachtsidis and Samaris have let us down these past 4 years. I don't know who we should play exactly but it wouldn't hurt to change it around. Galanopoulos has played many games for Aek in both Europe and domestic. Give him the freedom and he has got the ability and talent to make something happen. 

Opinion instantly discarded.

This was exactly the Ranieri mentality. We don't even have such a bad team to finish last in that Group, yet we did.

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Different position. Lazaros has taken his chances with the NT. Tzavellas whenever picked was always 2nd option behind Holebas.

and who are you going to call up instead of lazaros? because only donis and limnios deserve a call up at the moment. neither fetfatzidis nor gianniotas does. and we're not going to try stafylidis, zeca or mantalos in the wings again. 

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

and who are you going to call up instead of lazaros? because only donis and limnios deserve a call up at the moment. neither fetfatzidis nor gianniotas does. and we're not going to try stafylidis, zeca or mantalos in the wings again. 

Bruhv Bruhv Bruhv hold on a minute. I never said I dont want him calledup. I just think there is no need for him to start. considering a number of 6 attacking mids/wings players in a 23 man call up I would go with:
Fortounis, Pelkas, Mantalos , Limnios , Lazaros. Possible entries as well are Gianniotas (if he finds a team anyways) and Fetfatzidis.

I find Pelkas performance these two years a step above Lazaros. Paok had 12 goals more than Aek this season and Pelkhas was a key player. Add the fact that he is still 24 and has his whole career in front I d say there is no doubt.

I repeat. You people are the same who were crying that Santos should have integrated some youth earlier in the team instead of Kara/Katsouranis and now you re baegging for Lazaros to start at nations league? What's the pont honestly? He ll be 35 next euro or at least going for em. Use him as a super sub if you think he can bring freshness and new tactics after 70 but nothing more.

We having this debate?? The Ethniki has struggled so much to create chances and be faster/more flowing... Lazaros helped AEK win the protathlima with his speed and creativity which cause defences so many issues and we want to overlook this guy due to age alone? Ela re RS! 

10 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Opinion instantly discarded.

This was exactly the Ranieri mentality. We don't even have such a bad team to finish last in that Group, yet we did.

Ranieri changed everything in one hit. You can't go from one extreme to another and thats what he did. We can't play too defensive either. Look at where that got us...

Tziolis can't play anymore. He couldn't play since 2012. This is when I believe he started to drop. Tachtsidis dissapointed hugely and so did Samaris in these wc qualifiers. 

You say Lazaros shouldn't be in the team... Why not? You say that we all said to get rid if Kara/Kats back then. Lazaros is different to players like Kats/Kara/Tzioli/Maniati. You can't compare those players to Lazaros. Can't you see the difference in talent and ability? I'm not even sure if you watch football because your saying to me Tziolis provides good things for the team and Lazaros is too old and also denying his talent or form. 

Age shouldn't be a problem. We all said Kats/Tzioli/Maniati/Tzavellas shouldn't only because they are slow and not good enough anymore, also there are young players who have more ability and most importantly are fast. Ive always liked Karagounis even when he played his last game at 37. He still had it. You could also see him running everywhere and with high intensity in his late 30s. 

I also wanted to say the game has changed lately. You can't have too many slow midfielders in midfield. 

8 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Bruhv Bruhv Bruhv hold on a minute. I never said I dont want him calledup. I just think there is no need for him to start. considering a number of 6 attacking mids/wings players in a 23 man call up I would go with:
Fortounis, Pelkas, Mantalos , Limnios , Lazaros. Possible entries as well are Gianniotas (if he finds a team anyways) and Fetfatzidis.

I find Pelkas performance these two years a step above Lazaros. Paok had 12 goals more than Aek this season and Pelkhas was a key player. Add the fact that he is still 24 and has his whole career in front I d say there is no doubt.

I repeat. You people are the same who were crying that Santos should have integrated some youth earlier in the team instead of Kara/Katsouranis and now you re baegging for Lazaros to start at nations league? What's the pont honestly? He ll be 35 next euro or at least going for em. Use him as a super sub if you think he can bring freshness and new tactics after 70 but nothing more.

pelkas is more effective as a '10' while lazaros is a winger, why you bring pelkas in the discussion? pelkas should compete with fortounis and mantalos for the starting spot and not with lazaros and the rest of the wingers.

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I also wanted to say the game has changed lately. You can't have too many slow midfielders in midfield. 

tell that to skibbe, who in our most important game decided to start tachtsidis and tziolis in the midfield and put zeca on the wings, while opposing midfield was consisted of modric, rakitic and brozovic. 

dumb coach.

• Like it 1

14 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Ranieri changed everything in one hit. You can't go from one extreme to another and thats what he did. We can't play too defensive either. Look at where that got us...

Where did it get us? It brought us back from the dead with decent statistics, in a total of only two bad matches out of 12. It got us at the level where it would be us vs eventual runners up for a spot in the world cup

Tziolis can't play anymore. He couldn't play since 2012. This is when I believe he started to drop. Tachtsidis dissapointed hugely and so did Samaris in these wc qualifiers

Tziolis has definately deteriorated. I think he is bad as well you guys missunderstood me, I just don't find any game changer in the other options. Could be wrong of course but, if I am indeed correct and someone else takes his spot without performing, you ll start saying he needed to gel with the team earlier. If he produces well u ll say I told you so m0l0k0 Skanky. After Christ Prophets pou lene kai sto xwrio mou. Samaris did not disappoint in this WC qualifiers though. We didn't concede any goals from the minors due to a defensive midfielder's fault when Samaris was on. Maybe Vertonghen goal he shares the blame, but you re playing vs Belgium honestly, even Belgium would concede if they were playing against themselves.

Tachtsidis is a bad athlete. Talented footballer with brains that suit a regista but he stopped caring after his CV (biography) had appearances in Italy. Could have been a great Serie A mid-table leader but outside football he has no brains to understand that. Maybe with proper wingers we could utilize him but right now he looks dull even for Olympiakos.

You say Lazaros shouldn't be in the team... Why not? You say that we all said to get rid if Kara/Kats back then. Lazaros is different to players like Kats/Kara/Tzioli/Maniati. You can't compare those players to Lazaros. Can't you see the difference in talent and ability? I'm not even sure if you watch football because your saying to me Tziolis provides good things for the team and Lazaros is too old and also denying his talent or form. 

Age shouldn't be a problem. We all said Kats/Tzioli/Maniati/Tzavellas shouldn't only because they are slow and not good enough anymore, also there are young players who have more ability and most importantly are fast. Ive always liked Karagounis even when he played his last game at 37. He still had it. You could also see him running everywhere and with high intensity in his late 30s. 

I ve said about 10 times that I want Lazaros in the team but not as a Starter. And wtf is your argument about Kara/Katsou. It makes no sense at all. Of course Kara/Katsou were more talented. Their career proves so, yet the average Greek fan wanted them out because of age. That's my point exactly. You can't want a player that obviously makes a difference out and at the same time a 34 y.o. player at next Euro is considered key. 

Why have we spent about 20 days in this sub thread having people praise Lazaros Christodoulopoulos who has one goal with the NT in 32 appearances like it's Skibbe's fault for not using a player that has achieved NOTHING with the NT? Not even a serious impact, just a goal vs Lithuania. His stats are equal to Athanasiadis. C'mon. Gianniotas has 2 goals in 8 matches. Why not give time to a younger winger/atk mid, who is producing equally well in the same championship and is only 24 year olds? I am talking about Pelkas starting.

I am obviously a maniac in not wanting Laz to start, but you guys are equally manic to having him start like he is some sort of game changer because he had a good season with Aek.

Honestly apart from Mitroglou/Fortounis/Donis(debateable)/Sokratis/Manolas/Stafylidis/Torosidis/Samaris  any other player is totally expendable. Stop believing if we put X instead of Y,Ζ it's gonna be any different. There are no other significant losses for the NT.

13 hours ago, Boxou said:

pelkas is more effective as a '10' while lazaros is a winger, why you bring pelkas in the discussion? pelkas should compete with fortounis and mantalos for the starting spot and not with lazaros and the rest of the wingers.

Pelkas spent most of last season at the Left Wing

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Karagounis was fine and so was Salpingidis. Age is not a problem once again. It's performance is what counts. Fortounis can be useless at 25 and I would say the same thing about him. The players that played against Saudi Arabia were proven not ready for the national team. 

I was the first one to say on these forums that Lazaros nt career hasn't been that good. 1 goal in life 30 matches isn't a massive achievement. I've explained why a player like Gianniotas has talent and there is a reason why he has 2 goals in 8 matches.

I agree going back to a defensive style we improved. But you can't just rely on the defence to get you out of trouble all the time. We need a midfielder who can handle the ball well and have presence. Samaris has failed here in my opinion but didn't make many mistakes defensively. I like him though and I think he deserves another chance. 

I remember thinking when Katsouranis was around and the same time when we were playing Tziolis as well, I was thinking, we have better players than these guys in Samaris, Kone, Tachtsidis and Lazaros. Now we are asking for players like Kourbelis and Galanopoulos instead of Samaris. There is nothing wrong in saying to change players. If something doesn't work, try something else.

Pelkas is more of a 10 or second striker. Most of his games were from the number 10. He did play games on the wing but he was more consistent behind the striker. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 3

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic