Phantis Forums

2018-2019 UEFA Nations League C

Argy

comparison of Lazaros with Ronaldo with their only common aspect the fact that they ve both gotten old. Am I supposed to take your opinions seriously guys?
Lazaros has still high chances of missing the whole season. I want Fetfatzidis in his place. Undoubtedly no Mantalos, but neither Laz. His circle as a key piece is over , and the truth i, he never was for the NT. I'd rather start Limnios and if Fetfa/Gianniotas prove themselves, them.

• Haha 1

@Rockafeller Skank So not only are you the only one that thinks Tziolis belongs on this team you now think Laz doesn't belong on the team and his career is over?? Are you series? Laz is may be playing his best soccer of his career and can still impact a game.. Laz will need to be a big part of the NT going forward as he can be a difference maker for us.. I understand you're concerned with "AGE" but as long as the guy can perform and play who cares about his age.. I totally disagree with you and i actually wish Skibbe would have brought Laz up way sooner and played him more so he can build some chemistry with the NT..  

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

comparison of Lazaros with Ronaldo with their only common aspect the fact that they ve both gotten old. Am I supposed to take your opinions seriously guys?
Lazaros has still high chances of missing the whole season. I want Fetfatzidis in his place. Undoubtedly no Mantalos, but neither Laz. His circle as a key piece is over , and the truth i, he never was for the NT. I'd rather start Limnios and if Fetfa/Gianniotas prove themselves, them.

I'm not using the analogy to say they are same level. I'm using the analogy that at the highest level of the game guys of the same age are doing it and doing it BIG.

Paidia, it’s still early days to be talking about Limnios.  Last season he was a bench player and got minutes here and there off the bench.  Let him lock down a starting 11 place for a whole season and then we’ll see.  Having said that he played a very solid 90 minutes last week against Basel, but he has a long way to go before I’d consider him for the NT personally.

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Paidia, it’s still early days to be talking about Limnios.  Last season he was a bench player and got minutes here and there off the bench.  Let him lock down a starting 11 place for a whole season and then we’ll see.  Having said that he played a very solid 90 minutes last week against Basel, but he has a long way to go before I’d consider him for the NT personally.

and who're you going to call up? you say he doesn't deserve to be considered as an option at the moment but who does? gianniotas and fetfatzidis are both doing worse than him atm, if he's overlooked for some of these guys then there's another proof skibbe is braindead.

only donis and lazaros are quality options at the moment. 

limnios is starting for a rather good team, while gianniotas is a bench warmer in spain as well as fetfatzidis in greece. 

vlachodimos started today for benfica in their cl qualifier against fenerbahce. he was also starting in their preperation games. 

are we ever going to call him up? he's intention is to play for greece as he has already said, but skibbe doesn't bother to cap him. eventually he might play in a meaningless official game for germany so they will lock him for the rest of his career. if he manages to establish himself as a starter in that level he could be our starting gk going onto euro 2020. 

21 hours ago, Boxou said:

and who're you going to call up? you say he doesn't deserve to be considered as an option at the moment but who does? gianniotas and fetfatzidis are both doing worse than him atm, if he's overlooked for some of these guys then there's another proof skibbe is braindead.

only donis and lazaros are quality options at the moment. 

limnios is starting for a rather good team, while gianniotas is a bench warmer in spain as well as fetfatzidis in greece. 

I guess I should’ve been more specific.  I meant for the starting 11.  I definitely don’t consider Limnios a starting 11 player.  Not yet anyway.  And this is coming from a PAOK fan (not that it should matter).  I think though, he could be considered for the squad.

I think we’ll get a chance to see more of him this year.  Lucescu seems to like developing players and he’s strict without being over the top.  He’d play Limnios over another player with more talent that lacks discipline.  To give you an idea, he dropped Prijovic last year for about 4 weeks when he wasn’t doing what Lucescu wanted on the pitch and instead played Koulouris who is 1/4 the striker that Prijovic is.  My point being, if Limnios is disciplined and works hard he’ll get his chances and hopefully take them.  In the game against Basel he tracked back lots to help the right back and ran his butt off.

Add Klonaridis to the mix for winger on the NT. He scored a beautiful goal today vs Celtic and is in excellent form. From what I know he was given his Greek passport and can be called up and play for the team. Call him up Skibbe!!!

• Like it 1

20 hours ago, Boxou said:

vlachodimos started today for benfica in their cl qualifier against fenerbahce. he was also starting in their preperation games. 

are we ever going to call him up? he's intention is to play for greece as he has already said, but skibbe doesn't bother to cap him. eventually he might play in a meaningless official game for germany so they will lock him for the rest of his career. if he manages to establish himself as a starter in that level he could be our starting gk going onto euro 2020. 

Germany has some problems recently, but goalkeepers aren’t one of them. He won’t get a call up soon. 

8 hours ago, Makynia said:

Add Klonaridis to the mix for winger on the NT. He scored a beautiful goal today vs Celtic and is in excellent form. From what I know he was given his Greek passport and can be called up and play for the team. Call him up Skibbe!!!

He’s not in excellent form. He is looking better under Ouzounidis that’s for sure though after a horrible last season 

2 hours ago, Boxou said:

Lol no way Klonaridis is technically worse than everyone of our wingers. He's also been in bad form and not a difference maker. Don't know what else he's going to offer that we currently miss. 

Klona is probably better on the edge than Bakasetas and might be more prolific in goal scoring than Gianniotas. Wonder if Fetfa is going to be considered cause he is not responsible for kicking Skibbe's dog.

i don't consider Mpakasetas as a real option for the wings either. Donis, Limnios, Lazaros and let's say Gianniotas. That's enough. Where centrally you have Pelkas, Fortounis and Mantalos which is more than enough. And he can't play as a forward either where we have Mitroglou and Karelis. I don't see a place either for him or for Klonaridis atm. Perhaps only Gianniotas' position (4th in the wingers rotation is up for grabs.)

I think klona got a bit lucky there.. he's pretty terrible lol if he has a good season I'll eat my words but I doubt it.

might as well have pelkas at rw or lw as he's pretty good there as well.

See. It happens again. One man has a mediocre to good performance and suddently he is NT material.

Laughable.

Noone talking about Galanopoulos taking two yellows in 7 minutes (I know the 2nd one wasn't but guy faked it quite well and Gala gave him the option to). Everyone was literally fuming he is not our Top 2 pick. What happened after the game? 

Also about Lazaros. it's a bit ironic that both of his goals were made by teammates. Of course he took the chance and scored no doubt. Fortounis was the key player who everyone was marking, which led to open spaces for the rest. Can't have an opinion by beating Luzern though saddly. I ll wait for the Burnley-Istanbul team that Olympiakos faces in the next round, and I pretty much doubt that Oly can win them. Basel and Spartak were classes above this team, which sorta looked like nothing more than a Levadiakos tonight, and Limnions made a good appearance against both.

Lazaros overhaul had a good game, he did well taking his chances on both goals but Fortounis was the best player on the field and opened everything up. Let's hope Lazaros can step it up for the NT I believe he has the one goal vs Lithuania in the 2014 world cup qualifier. We're going to need him and everyone on the team in top form. 

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

See. It happens again. One man has a mediocre to good performance and suddently he is NT material.

Laughable.

Noone talking about Galanopoulos taking two yellows in 7 minutes (I know the 2nd one wasn't but guy faked it quite well and Gala gave him the option to). Everyone was literally fuming he is not our Top 2 pick. What happened after the game? 

Also about Lazaros. it's a bit ironic that both of his goals were made by teammates. Of course he took the chance and scored no doubt. Fortounis was the key player who everyone was marking, which led to open spaces for the rest. Can't have an opinion by beating Luzern though saddly. I ll wait for the Burnley-Istanbul team that Olympiakos faces in the next round, and I pretty much doubt that Oly can win them. Basel and Spartak were classes above this team, which sorta looked like nothing more than a Levadiakos tonight, and Limnions made a good appearance against both.

Lazaros was the best player of superleague last season. That's NT material. Always said Fortounis is our best CAM when in form and looks like he got his form back so far this preseason has looked great. Gala is our most promising prospect in the CM position by far, is he ready for the 11? Not sure.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

gala is pretty small though. Ideally Samaris gets his form back and I think Kourbelis is more for 'in the now'. He's quite strong and can also play cb. also has good chem with zeca

Lazo, is Samaris authoritive and intimidating enough for DM at that level after so long playing there though?  Someone new might do better than him and Tziolis perhaps. Zeca has the passing range, or Kourbelis, Gala or  Siopis.  A friendly or two really helps.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic