Phantis Forums

Rate the Manager.

Bananas

Just a topic to see what people think of the managers we've had in the Savvidis era.  Grade them out of 10.

Donis - 4/10 - Not ready for a club like PAOK.  Too inexperienced.  To be fair not one of Savvidis's appointments.

Huub Stevens - 1/10 - Woeful.  The sort of appointment that works in computer simulation games but not in reality.

Angelos Anastasiadis - 6/10 - Got us to 1st place in the league but followed this with a massive slump thereafter.  Not sure what would have happened if we gave him more time.

Igor Tudor - 4/10 - Arrogant and inflexible.

Vladimir Ivic - 7/10 - Improved in the second half of the season.  Still made elementary mistakes but to be expected from a new manager.

Razvan Lucescu - 5/10 - Has improved the team defensively.  That's about it.

And here's a clip of Aggelos team talk before the Arsenal game, in the good old days when we had a mostly Greek squad.  That is back in the day when Greek players were half decent.

I don't have the hate for Lucescu some people around here do, though I generally agree with your ratings.

Donis - 4/10

Huub Stevens - 1/10 - bad, but not for the reason you noted. I think he came into it thinking it was going to be a cake walk, and that everyone would be cowed by his resume. Probably a very good manager, if the league and team were run properly and he was ten years younger

Angelos Anastasiadis - 7/10 - In retrospect, I think this guy could have won us a title. The TD (who - correct me if I'm wrong - hated Anastasiadis) is what failed us during his tenure - the wrong players were bought, and people like Tzavellas were given free reign to boss the locker room. If Anastasiadis had had the support Ivic enjoyed, we would have done much better.

Igor Tudor - 3/10 - a puppet for Arnesen, poor tactically - the biggest bright side of this guy was that he seemed to get the most out of Pelkas and Mistakidis, somehow

Vladimir Ivic - 8/10 - he gets an extra point from me because he won the Cup. Had the team playing faster, stronger, more efficiently than I've seen in years (and consistently, too). Gained control of the dressing room and made them look like pros. Really miss this guy.

Razvan Lucescu - 5/10 - asking to judge this guy while he's in the toughest part of the season would be like asking us to judge Ivic exactly one year ago. What's important for me now is to see if we get through this slump/tough period. I think he's a very defensive-minded manager (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) who doesn't yet realize he's in charge of a team that is expected to be able to dominate games and attack. I like his fiery attitude.