Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Greece - Croatia ( Round 2, 2nd Leg - 12 Nov. 2017, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Recommended Posts

george dont forget vasilis karapialis, a guy who got fu**** by politics and Ieroklis  Stoltidis an awesome two mid who got snubbed from the national team by otto until the end....(id ont wanna go back too far)

but its no coincidence that the guys you mentioned were around at the time we won the euro, and kastourani , a very very clever high IQ mid, karagounis, basina and tsiatas were driving that team..Yes they were defensive but moved forward with some authority and purpose. 

so yeah we produce midfielders but last 15 years all overseas guys are defenders and an occasional stiker like machlas, gekas, mitroglou etc etc  i say this again because it cannot be overemphasized enough: these guys go to the foreign leagues and LEAD THE LEAGUE IN GOALS !    service service service  our mids either can't or dont b/c of coaches instructions. either way the results are clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Epo is about to announce the resigning of Micahel Skibbe to another 2 year contract.. FFS 

Edited by J1078

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, J1078 said:

The Epo is about to announce the resigning of Micahel Skibbe to another 2 year contract.. FFS 

Totally disagree. Great move by the EPO. Skibbe has done a terrific job regrouping this team after the Euro qualifying disaster. He has the support of the players. That should count for a lot. Better days ahead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he has done a good job on that part but on the other had he has been awful in selecting squads and starting xi. how the FCVK can you start tzavellas for cholebas, pick kolovetsios over siovas!!!!!! and ignore vlachodimos mpakakis and lazaros!!!!! just to call up a panetolikos keeper, maniatis and gianniotas???? or excluding karelis for headless chickens vellios and diamantakos..starting tziolis instead of kourmpelis etc...

if tzavellas, maniatis, vellios, diamantakos, kolovetsios and gianniotas get called up again then he should fire himself. tziolis i wouldn't mind being around BUT NOT starting!

in the next campaign aside of the first 2 that qualify automatically the 4 best 3rd placed teams will be in the playoffs for an extra ticket. if we fcvk this up...

anyways i checked the pots earlier, we're pot 3. here are our potential candidates

POT 1 

germany, portugal, poland, france, england, spain, italy, iceland, belgium, switzerland 

POT 2 

croatia, netherlands, austria, wales, russia, slovakia, sweden, ukraine, ireland, bosnia 

POT 4 

albania, norway, montenegro, israel, bulgaria, finland, estonia, lithuania, cyprus, azerbaijan

POT 5 

skopje, belarus, georgia, armenia, latvia, faroes, luxemburg, kazakhstan, moldova, liechtenstein

POT 6 

malta, andorra, kosovo, san marino, gibraltar

draw is on december 2nd. an ideal group would be 

iceland/poland/switzerland

russia/slovakia/ukraine

greece

cyprus/lithuania/estonia

latvia/moldova/liechtenstein 

san marino/gibraltar

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the heck does Iceland qualify for World Cup a country of 340000 people,besting Croatia in there group? They have no big name players they play hard but when you look at our roster compared to there's we are far more talented. Also Morroco, Sengal, Panama World Cup bound and we are not just pathetic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

skibbeeeeeeeeeee is a big contributor to the problem. how can u leave three defensive mids in at 54 minutes when u take off lazaro (an offensive guy) for another offensive guy? 

i mean this just makes no sense....there is no hidden, cryptic football insight here that we dont see...it was just plain illogical....can anyone explain that? 

his in game adjustmetns are painful...

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skibbe simply did not believe we could keep up with our opponent. Just like Greek managers have done before, panic before a big game and felt like our best shot was to go all out defence and hope for a counter attack or set piece. Loser mentality if there ever was one. 

I am watching Sweden now, like I've mentioned before, at best, our equal on paper, yet they come to play. 

Other big factors to why we looked so poor were lucky bounces and uncharacteristic mistakes, injury to Donis, horrible suspension to Manolas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

How the heck does Iceland qualify for World Cup a country of 340000 people,besting Croatia in there group? They have no big name players they play hard but when you look at our roster compared to there's we are far more talented. Also Morroco, Sengal, Panama World Cup bound and we are not just pathetic!

they play as a team and utilise their strengths to play well. Iceland played unbelivably in the last euros and continue to break the records. 

they have a plan that works, the player know what they are doing and they all play towards a common goal, 

greece on the other hand have no idea whats happening, it doesnt suprise me. We should be in the WC, but our mistakes have lead us to miss out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the irony the things you say about ICELAND was US for long time...we still played negative but we managed to squeeze by just enough.

but now - our midfiled is the worst I have ever seen it......its absolutely horrible. evebn against cyprus we barely squeezed by. 

our margin of error is practically zero...we saw that thursday. we dont have the forepower to make up 1 goal , let alone 3.

remember, a desperation shot in 89 minute tied bosnia...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boxou said:

he has done a good job on that part but on the other had he has been awful in selecting squads and starting xi. how the FCVK can you start tzavellas for cholebas, pick kolovetsios over siovas!!!!!! and ignore vlachodimos mpakakis and lazaros!!!!! just to call up a panetolikos keeper, maniatis and gianniotas???? or excluding karelis for headless chickens vellios and diamantakos..starting tziolis instead of kourmpelis etc...

if tzavellas, maniatis, vellios, diamantakos, kolovetsios and gianniotas get called up again then he should fire himself. tziolis i wouldn't mind being around BUT NOT starting!

in the next campaign aside of the first 2 that qualify automatically the 4 best 3rd placed teams will be in the playoffs for an extra ticket. if we fcvk this up...

anyways i checked the pots earlier, we're pot 3. here are our potential candidates

POT 1 

germany, portugal, poland, france, england, spain, italy, iceland, belgium, switzerland 

POT 2 

croatia, netherlands, austria, wales, russia, slovakia, sweden, ukraine, ireland, bosnia 

POT 4 

albania, norway, montenegro, israel, bulgaria, finland, estonia, lithuania, cyprus, azerbaijan

POT 5 

skopje, belarus, georgia, armenia, latvia, faroes, luxemburg, kazakhstan, moldova, liechtenstein

POT 6 

malta, andorra, kosovo, san marino, gibraltar

draw is on december 2nd. an ideal group would be 

iceland/poland/switzerland

russia/slovakia/ukraine

greece

cyprus/lithuania/estonia

latvia/moldova/liechtenstein 

san marino/gibraltar

 

 

I just want know what your problem is with Gianniotas. Every time he wears the blue and white Jersey he does more in one game, or should I say 20 minutes than any other player in attack. Yes plays in the second division of Spain. But who else do we have. At least he is playing and scoring some goals and assisting. He should definitely be in the squad, ateast on the bench. Vellios and Diamantakos are crap and don't cut it. I'm looking in this in a performance view. Not where they play in club football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our problem lies too many not so good foreigners taking starting 11 spots over greek talent. I take my hat off to zeca he plays his heart out. if Greece was fair dinkum none of maniatis tziolis or tzavellas should represent Greece ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gianniotas needs more game time, he was the only player not scared to actually take on the cros and surprise surprise he got through them a few times, amazing what happens when you have a go, if we want to change the culture of Greek soccer these are the type of kids we need to see coming through, fearless and willing to show a bit of flair, you see most of our other players  in possession and they look terrified and can't wait to get rid of the ball, they're chickens.

as for Italy, I'm not joking we could have bored eachother into a penalty shootout, they have no creativity in midfield and below average forward options, sound familiar? Like us they don't deserve to be there either.

Edited by Greekoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I just want know what your problem is with Gianniotas. Every time he wears the blue and white Jersey he does more in one game, or should I say 20 minutes than any other player in attack. Yes plays in the second division of Spain. But who else do we have. At least he is playing and scoring some goals and assisting. He should definitely be in the squad, ateast on the bench. Vellios and Diamantakos are crap and don't cut it. I'm looking in this in a performance view. Not where they play in club football. 

there's no need for him to be around in full squad. mantalos and mpakasetas on one side, donis and lazaros in the other one. fortounis and pelkas as attacking midfielders and karelis with mitroglou as strikers. simple as that. 

Edited by Boxou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I actually read that as in resignation first, got excited for a sec. 

Massive mistake if they resign him!!!

We need to start blowing up the nt twitter feed and the insta page with #fireskibbe or something like that. We had nothing to lose on Sun and still he didn't go after it! Like when 911 happened and they told Bush, and he sat staring blankly for a few mins, that's Skibbe "sir, we're still tied, we need to go full attack here" *crickets*. When you're the coach and you can't figure out that Tziolis is killing the mid, you shouldn't be a coach. 

Edited by gsots
  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Boxou said:

there's no need for him to be around in full squad. mantalos and mpakasetas on one side, donis and lazaros in the other one. fortounis and pelkas as attacking midfielders and karelis with mitroglou as strikers. simple as that. 

Hasi was a knob for sending Gianniotas on loan. Sending him in loan last year was stupid too, he killed it in cyrprus. There were rumours when Hasi got sacked, that they wanted to call him back from loan. Personally I like him, he's quick, he hustles, decent dribbling, obv needs to take more of a look coming into the box off the wing. But he's got alot of upside. I think we have alot of potential here guys, we all seem to realize that would could have a very dangerous team. The problem is the guys in charge are all wearing blindfolds and or being corrupt running this team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gsots said:

Massive mistake if they resign him!!!

We need to start blowing up the nt twitter feed and the insta page with #fireskibbe or something like that. We had nothing to lose on Sun and still he didn't go after it! Like when 911 happened and they told Bush, and he sat staring blankly for a few mins, that's Skibbe "sir, we're still tied, we need to go full attack here" *crickets*. When you're the coach and you can't figure out that Tziolis is killing the mid, you shouldn't be a coach. 

Its pretty much official and they're about to announce it I believe tomorrow or the next day... Such a bad move... The problem is Socratis, Toro and Tzavellas all told the EPO not to get rid of Skibbe that they feel like a family with him... Be prepared to miss the euros with this clown..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Giannatos I'm not sure where this negativity comes from... Every time I've seen the kid play for the NT he busts his ass and he shows speed and he's not afraid to take on defenders I totally think he's worth a shot.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need some creative midfielder on the asap we will scrape through to the euro in 2020 but I don't see us doing anything! We have four yrs to find some juniors who can hold and dribble around players and create! Unless we find them we are going no where greek fa step up and find these kids 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boxou said:

there's no need for him to be around in full squad. mantalos and mpakasetas on one side, donis and lazaros in the other one. fortounis and pelkas as attacking midfielders and karelis with mitroglou as strikers. simple as that. 

Gianniotas is way better than Mantalos and Bakasetas on the wing come on. Bakasetas played a better game that's because he's played centrally. Donis no doubt has a spot on this team. He is/should be the starting Left Winger. Pelkas and Fortounis should interchange as Fortounis has not done enough to cement his spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×