Phantis Forums

Greece - Croatia ( Round 2, 2nd Leg - 12 Nov. 2017, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Greekaroos

Guys, I'm f...ing anxious for this match. Cause probably we won't make it, but if we do, it's gonna be EPIC! And there's no impossible when we talk about football!

Edited by BigGoat
fix censorship
  • Like it 1

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superleague/article/1160499/ta-thaymatoyrga-stimena-toy-fortoyni

Here is an article about those who say Fortounis has done nothing in this campaign.

2 assists in his last 2 games for the NT. What else can that man do honestly ?  I still consider Fortounis and Mitroglou steps above anything else we ve produced Offensively since Tsiartas. But you can't take down 5 decent players with just 2. 

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Croatia will park the bus for first 20 minutes and try to counter so we have to be careful.... We need more crosses in the box from the "wingers" skibbe will play and give mitro some service.... If i think if we get the ball in there box goals will come as I see them scramble quite a bit. For me whoever plays on the wings will make this game for the counter attack and crosses. We need to pressure them just as hard as they pressured us as they had way too much time on ball. 

Edited by jason
  • Like it 1

With a midfield missing mobile players like Kourbelis and Samaris I don't think we can pressure anyone. Tziolis is a Κώνος for Modric and Rakitic training. I suppose the only reason Skibbe has him is to have an extra tall dude for the set pieces.

With a bit of luck I actually believe we have more chances to convert all our Free Kicks/Corners than actually socring on actual time. Their defensive mechanism seemed useless in the first game. I believe we ll score a few goals. But I also believe they will as well.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Our coach said he will make the team behave as if the first game ended 0:0. He wants to attack. Of course, we have to add up the psychology here (players can try to pretend it ended 0:0, but they will know it did not), but Croatia will not be parking a bus. Mandzukic will be a starter this time, instead of Kalinic.

Your chance is scoring early, in first 15 min. Or at least at the beginning of the 2nd half if it's 0:0 at HT. After all, we do have "balkan mentality" and an early goal would definitely make a certain mess in our plans.

Anyhow, I see this ending in a draw.

I believe it will end in a defeat for you with a result that fits both teams.

Us for taking a win over a big side and building psychology for the games to come, proving the night at Zagreb was just a bad night , and you a result that sends you to the world cup. No harm done.

I believe your defense is weak to maintain Fortounis and Mitroglou but they are just two players. The rest of the team needs changes and young blood which is really to late to ask for.

Congratulations Cro. You ll definately be a side I will be cheering for next summer.

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

With a midfield missing mobile players like Kourbelis and Samaris I don't think we can pressure anyone. Tziolis is a Κώνος for Modric and Rakitic training. I suppose the only reason Skibbe has him is to have an extra tall dude for the set pieces.

With a bit of luck I actually believe we have more chances to convert all our Free Kicks/Corners than actually socring on actual time. Their defensive mechanism seemed useless in the first game. I believe we ll score a few goals. But I also believe they will as well.

Samaris is same height as Tziolis and Tachtsidis is 2 inches taller... Tziolis in as a height thing is redicolous lol.

GREECE

1 Karnezis(GK)

4 Manolas

6 Tziolis

7 Christodoulopoulos

8 Zeca

11 Mitroglou

14 Bakasetas

15 Torosidis(Captain)

16 Retsos

17 Tachtsidis

19 Papastathopoulos

BENCH

12 Kapinos(GK)

13 Anestis(GK)

2 Maniatis

3 Tzavellas

5 Papadopoulos

9 Diamantakos

10 Fortounis

18 Gianniotas

20 Pelkas

21 Stafylidis

22 Samaris

23 Oikonomou

Manager: Michael Skibbe(GER)

Livescore lineup says

Karnezis 

Toro    Manolas  Sokratis  Tzavellas   

Tziolis                             Zeca

Giannotas    Fortounis    Lazaros

Mitroglou 

why Tziolis again Skibbe?

CROATIA

23 Subasic(GK)

2 Vrsaljko

3 Strinic

4 Perisic

6 Lovren

7 Rakitic

10 Modric(Captain)

11 Brozovic

16 Kalinic

17 Mandzukic

21 Vida

BENCH

1 Livakovic(GK)

12 Kalinic(GK)

5 Mitrovic

8 Vlasic

9 Kramaric

13 Nizic

14 Rebic

15 Rog

18 Bradaric

19 Leovac

20 Pasalic

22 Pivaric

Manager: Zlatko Dalic(CRO)

Live score have now updated the lineup to the same one as Omonia printed.

http://www.livescore.co.uk/soccer/world-cup/uefa-qualification-2-round/greece-vs-croatia/1-2654257/

Strange he's dropped Stafy and gone for Retsos? And also Fortounis for Bakesetas, can't say I've seen much of either of these.

Edited by Chris Tsamados

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic