Phantis Forums

Greece - Croatia ( Round 2, 2nd Leg - 12 Nov. 2017, Giorgos Karaiskaki, Piraeus)

Greekaroos

who the f actually works out both chest and back at the same day? I dont know at what volume you go . Considering u go to play bb afterwards I suppose nothing bulking tier. 

If I play chest one day I can't sleep face down because I feel it weird. If I play back I can literally only sleep sideways coz back/traps feel sore. It makes me feel violated that u hit both muscle groups at the same day.

Im tryna put some cross training/crossfit in the week to start slowly cutting from now. Lots of football doesn't help because I always eat pizza with it (it's a rule).

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

^RS, well summed post above. 

Here is a translation <for gsots>

It’s easy to pass judgement and criticism after the results my friend @gsots. That Tachtsides would see a red we all saw that coming (vs Belgium). We all criticized it, but it’s not something that you would say “that was a mistake by the coach, the m@l@k@ should not have kept him on the field” On the howler by Karnezis, what can you say for Scibbe. Wasn’t Karnezis a first team starter in 9 matches? There is no merit to leave him out. Anestis is in form, but he doesn’t play in a team that has the Back-pass all the time. Karnezis, how many matches has he experienced it. To be pressed by oppositions and constantly see the Mids/Backs pass it back to him.

The right back Maniatis is the only serious mistake by Skibbe on Thursday night and in the end, that determined the result. Let him put the left footed Lykogiannis, how much worse would he be? He has the height to cope with Perisic in the air and the freshness and thirst for recognition to chase him.

The rest tells me nothing about Skibbe. Tziolis, no coach preferred him. But in this matter his hands were tied.

The fact that out of the 3 "final" coaches accepted, only Skibbe accepted and the other 2 did not, because they wanted their own coaching team, while the EPO imposed that they include Tsana, for me says something that these laughable call ups and inclusions (Tziolis), and where was he (Tziolis) during Santos call ups, Ranieri call ups and Markarian call ups, in which none of them took a liking to Tziolis.

If some players have the dignity, and they say regardless of result tomorrow, there is no chance for us to qualify - and the issue is the appearance and maybe a psychological effect - they will have to announce their withdrawal from the national team tomorrow. In my opinion Tziolis-Maniatis. Tzavellas has had good matches. Let us not judge him from this last one.

However, Torosidis has also arrived outside of his age. Modern football is clearly a matter of fast players at the end and Torosidis is better than anything else we have, but his time has passed.

PS: I may have some of it misinterpreted.

2 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

who the f actually works out both chest and back at the same day? I dont know at what volume you go . Considering u go to play bb afterwards I suppose nothing bulking tier. 

If I play chest one day I can't sleep face down because I feel it weird. If I play back I can literally only sleep sideways coz back/traps feel sore. It makes me feel violated that u hit both muscle groups at the same day.

Im tryna put some cross training/crossfit in the week to start slowly cutting from now. Lots of football doesn't help because I always eat pizza with it (it's a rule).

^^^Arnold Schwarzenegger used to superset chest & back exercises on same day lol...anyway, it sucks we put ourselves in this position but you never now what can happen, however unlikely.

• Like it 1

46 minutes ago, ausgreek said:

If the Pirates can go up 2-0 in regular time, it could go to extra time and maybe penalties. 3-0 would be better, as would 5-0 - in  our way.

if the game ends GRE 2 - 0 CRO then Croatia goes through with 1 more goal on aggregate 

Edited by paokara777

the unknown of tomorrow is really exciting and fascinating....whatever the outcome.

who will step up.....who will shrink....what will croatia do, how will they handle the aggregate lead, will they attack or sit back...will greece become a different team and go all out on attack?  this is one of those defining moment games...peoples legacy can be made or broken with this game....the beauty of sport - real, unscripted, in the moment drama....its awesome

chest/back traditional push/pull routine. very old school...basketball shrink wraps everything...beats the treadmill/eliptical etc/ etc.  lol

we will put up a good fight. i would be shocked if we didn't....will it be enough to go through, i dont know...anything is possible...but as we all have alluded to, its shame we are in this mess for three mistakes that we dont normally make.

for what its worth, if donis/mantalos/manolas/toro we in there is NO WAY we dont go through...no efen way..but we goota run with the horses we have ...

if we WANT IT bad enough we can go through...dont be surprised...however unlikely it may seem, dont be surprised...im not optimistic but it does not mean i am not excited about the opportunity (i sound like im playing tomorrow, lol) or excited about watching an amazing game with all the different elements and storylines it will produce...

Edited by bbaw

wouldve made our lives easier if cracked a second away goal we had 4+ chances to do so

croatia's defense looks shakey and we've seen greece somehow manage to play offensive football when their backs against the wall eg) vs. Ivory Coast / Costa Rica

Mitroglou 20

Mitroglou 40

Laz 70

pame lol

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Yeah, that header from Mitro would have made it 4-2 and we would be looking at the prospect of a 2-0 win tomorrow or even 3-1 win would be enough

2-0 almost sounds easy compared to 3-0

I dunno, the only hope i think we have is a very very early goal (similar to how Croatia scored against us)

You get one early then suddenly you have 70-80 mins for 2 goals

10 hours ago, gsots said:

Tactician??? I wouldn't trust this guy to pick his nose at this point lol 

Throwing a bunch of defensive minded guys on the field isn't tactical. It would be like saying Otto was tactical when he tossed on 8 defensive players against Argentina.

Ill toss out some things and you guys tell me if these seem like the ideas of a coach with great sense and tactics. 

Maniatis: doesn't play for his club much. Isn't in game form. Has played almost exclusively as cdm because his crossing and dribbling aren't very good, but he works hard. But Skibbe thinks its a good idea to toss him at rb to protect the flank... 

Tsiolis: plays in SA cause he stinks and no one wants him (not like Fetfa who went cause they pay him a s#!t ton). Doesn't play consistently, so isn't in form.  Can't make that critical pass. Plays in 1 of the most critical positions for us for possession and distribution yet fails miserably consistently at both. 

Tzavellas: plays as a cb for a mid table team. Consistently stifles our left side on offense by offering little support on the attack, always looks to pass back when he has room going forward. Stinks defensively as well.  Aside from that goal against Bosnia (embarrassing that we were even losing to them) has shown me nothing that he has cemented that position. 

Stafylidis: I don't mind him, but he's not playing for his club right now, so to ask him to play LW and track back and forth to cover numbnuts Tzavellas is insane. He's obviously not in game shape, so of course he's gonna look like s%&#036;#&#33; and make mental errors doing that much running. And let's not forget this same stupid coach played staf as a cm lol 

Samaris: again, I like him, but he's not playing much either, so to start him at cdm in this game was always going to be tough. 

That game against Belgium away, anyone could see that Tachtsidis was gonna eat a 2nd yellow, especially once we were up and you knew we'd have to really tighten up. He should have been subbed off... But nope, too logical, I guess God's gift to our nt bakashitas wasn't wormed up yet lol

K let's look at the beginning of the 2nd half. It definitely made sense to remove maniatis, but if Retsos was the replacement, then he should have just started cause that was a f-ing colossal waste of a sub. But ok, maybe he's thinking we hold them, maybe get a lucky corner and pull one back. But then we go down 4-1 and he's picking butterflies on the bench for what seemed like another 15-20 mins before he was forced into a sub cause Samaris went down. And instead of bringing on a winger to inject some speed down the side, on comes Tachtsidis to continue with the failed formation and tactics. 

We don't just sit and whine about him when we lose and praise him when we win. We praised him early in the campaign cause he seemed very competent. But he doesn't seem competent now and hasn't for a while. 

Maniatis off, Zeca to rb and laz on to rm should have been the first move to start 2nd half. See how that went for a few mins, then make the next sub accordingly. Samaris off for pelkas could have been next and play an upside down triangle 1cdm Tsiolis and 2 am pelkas and Fortounis behind Mitro. And then depending on the situation when staf needs to come off, either Retsos on (Retsos to rb and Zeca to lm or laz to lm and Zeca to rm) or Gianniotas on. 

Checkout what I called before the game, lol:

I'm thinking we might draft in Maniatis at RB if Torosidis is injured. 

Not sure how Samaras is doing these days but if he is even half the player he used to be he's surely worth a shot (even as a substitute) in seemingly decimated midfield. 

Boxu's reply:

no because it will be a suicide. retsos or lykogiannis any day. maniatis, tzavellas and tziolis are done after this campaign, hopefully vellios and diamantakos too. that's the good thing if we don't beat croatia. 

The thing that got me theost was that he didn't make subs. The right subs. Lazaros should have came on around the 50th. Tachtsidis was a good sub but that's because of Samaris. He made no other subs. Subbing Maniatis off for Retsos is a pure dumb move. The lack of game time for our players was why we lost. Tziolis and Tzavellas are getting old and Maniatis is on the decline. Samaris hasn't played well lately and has Stafylidis has barely played. It's really hard with a team like ours because we have no depth and played players that havent played for their clubs.

Live score have posted this as our starting line-up (note they got it wrong in our previous game):

_____________________________Karnezis

Torosidis______Manolas_______________Socrates_________Tzavellas

__________________Tziolis_____________________Zeca

_____________Gianniotas_____Fortounis_______Lazaros

_____________________________Mitroglou

Edited by Chris Tsamados

I don't know if it's forced or not but I have followed almost every player of the NT on instagram. Before the matches they were all posting stories and photos about the match and about Greece NT in general and from Thursday they haven't posted anything at all. It must have been a real blow for most of them as well.

It's good to see such emotion. I believe the words of Sokratis and Skibbe that the team has became a team again are valid and not just things the media and the people wanna hear.

time to put up or shut up.....words are cheap.....u dug yourselves into a hole...   regroup play for the flag, and walk onto the pitch with the resolve, determination, spirit and pride that Sir Winston Churchill used as the basis for his famous quote:

"Greeks don't fight like heroes,  heroes fight like Greeks"   

you want it? go get it. its there for the taking.....your best game will be good enough to go through...

enjoy the match folks........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS imagine how excited and nervous we would all be right now if we didn't gift them the 2 goals and we lost 2-1 or even if we gifted them 1 goal 2-0 would be very doable..  If we do somehow manage to get up 2 then I will start to get excited again but for now lets just see a good performance and see how it plays out.. It really does suck that we had to be the only team in the playoffs without a chance in our 2nd game. 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

I dont know if it sux or not. The fact that we re most likely out already I think will sit on us better after the final blow. Other teams like Northern Ireland an Ireland / Denmark who had decent and doable results in the first leg will probably be a lot more disappointed after the 2nd match if/when they are out than us. We ve had 4 days to let reality kick in.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic