Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

1 hour ago, Makynia said:

This is the lineup I believe he will go with in Croatia

Karnezis

Toro Manolas Sokratis Tzavellas

Zeca Tachtsidis

Lazaros Fortounis Stafylidis

Mitro

I hope he doesn't put in Tziolis. I will puke.

I cannot see a scenario where he does not start Tziolis. 

So Manolas out because FIFA would like to see certain teams go through to the world cup. Fair play my ass. Conspiracy is more like it. 

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Argy said:

So Manolas out because FIFA would like to see certain teams go through to the world cup. Fair play my ass. Conspiracy is more like it. 

I was thinking the same thing... its absolute BS

How many other players in the playoffs are punished for doing the same thing, I wonder? Oh, none?

4 hours ago, pash said:

Why would you call up a player who has been out for the better part of a year? Don't kid yourself; no coach is going to play a guy who is out of the loop in such a vital game. I would be absolutely shocked if Pelkas saw any game time, as well.

sorry? vellios hasn't played a game in ages and he's AS FIT AS ME..NO INJURY AROUND, SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO CRACK FOREST'S BENCH..AND YOU'RE SAYING THIS IDIOT WILL BE MORE USEFUL THAN KARELIS?

FFS SKIBBE...

manolas will be out of the first game as fifa decided to suspend him for the first game

Why the caps? Are you...yelling? Jesus. If it makes you feel better, Vellios is also not good enough and shouldn't be called up. Happy?

1 hour ago, Argy said:

I cannot see a scenario where he does not start Tziolis. 

Unfortunately I have to agree. 

That's a damn shame about Manolas, the odds against us are really starting to stack up! I guess we are very lucky we do have three outstanding centre backs though. 

That's right, I am not worried about this all that much. Is it corrupt garbage, yes, but KPap is more than capable of replacing Manolas. It's how this all played out that is the issue. 

• Like it 3

here we are waiting and praying to see if Manolas is fit and once we find out he's cleared Fifa screws us to benefit Croatia ffs..Manolas not starting for us in Croatia will make it very difficult for us to keep a clean sheet. I'm sorry but Vellios  does not deserve a call up at all that is a horrible decision by skibbe as the guy doesn't get regular playing time at all. I still think a Karelis at 60% is worth a call up over Vellios just to have as an option if we need him. 

• Like it 4

Unbelievable!!! Corrupt FIFA at it again. They have it out for the Greeks and how is it they can determine that Manolas did it purposely or not and why did they wait this long were they still looking at the footage? Gianniotas got his tooth knocked out by a Bosnian coach and all they got was a stadium switch!!!

In the end it won't matter as we can put in Kyriakos or Retsos and still keep a clean sheet and take care of business and they'll still have to watch our boring play defence and hit them on the counter attack brand of soccer in Russia.

We'll be in Russia with our Orthodox brothers and so will Mantalos!

Makynia out!!!

• Like it 4

I can see the ref favoring Croatia to advance by giving them a Penalty if the game is very tight... Maybe I'm just feeling like that now after Fifa banned Manolas 6 days before our biggest match..  

42 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I can see the ref favoring Croatia to advance by giving them a Penalty if the game is very tight... Maybe I'm just feeling like that now after Fifa banned Manolas 6 days before our biggest match..  

if you which ref is going to whistle in the athens game...

bjorn kuipers..the name says it all. fcvking fifa and croatian nazis

Can the EPO appeal?  I had a feeling they would screw us on the field but this? Thats why was better to draw Denmark, they want Italy in for sure and Croatia because of Modric and Rackitic playing at there big LALIGA clubs.

8 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

How ironic would it be if Papadopoulos or Retsos score ???

I hope so.we will eliminate the Croats and they can watch alongside those idiot Bosnians!

i think those who will get to play will be more motivated with all those things going on lately..croatia officials talking s%$#!, starters getting injured and manolas getting suspended with a scandalous decision...

karnezis

torosidis sokratis papadopoulos tzavellas

zeca samaris kourmpelis stafylidis 

fortounis 

mitroglou 

that's the best we can field i think. 

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Can the EPO appeal?  I had a feeling they would screw us on the field but this? Thats why was better to draw Denmark, they want Italy in for sure and Croatia because of Modric and Rackitic playing at there big LALIGA clubs.

no we can't appeal, that's why i was just reading.. scum fifa 

57 minutes ago, Makynia said:

Unbelievable!!! Corrupt FIFA at it again. They have it out for the Greeks and how is it they can determine that Manolas did it purposely or not and why did they wait this long were they still looking at the footage? Gianniotas got his tooth knocked out by a Bosnian coach and all they got was a stadium switch!!!

In the end it won't matter as we can put in Kyriakos or Retsos and still keep a clean sheet and take care of business and they'll still have to watch our boring play defence and hit them on the counter attack brand of soccer in Russia.

We'll be in Russia with our Orthodox brothers and so will Mantalos!

Makynia out!!!

Thats right why the wait? And how do they determine it was done on purpose?

We will be in Russia with our Orthodox brothers.

Go ELLAS!

2 minutes ago, Boxou said:

no we can't appeal, that's why i was just reading.. scum fifa 

Oh great what a fix!

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

here we are waiting and praying to see if Manolas is fit and once we find out he's cleared Fifa screws us to benefit Croatia ffs..Manolas not starting for us in Croatia will make it very difficult for us to keep a clean sheet. I'm sorry but Vellios  does not deserve a call up at all that is a horrible decision by skibbe as the guy doesn't get regular playing time at all. I still think a Karelis at 60% is worth a call up over Vellios just to have as an option if we need him. 

Thats the irony we have all been waiting for him to get fit and now FIFA announce this ban? The team will no doubt unite and Manolas in the return leg will have a huge match. 

Edited by Ellada2004
  • Like it 1

I just actually got an excellent explanation from a Croatian friend of mine that didn't even hear about the incident but explained that if a player receives a 3rd yellow and would miss the next match against a lesser opponent ie: Gibraltar which was the case for Manolas so he doesn't carry the two yellows into the two gms vs Croatia which are much more important games thus FIFA would review and if they deemed that such was the case they would apply a further 1 game suspension which is what they did but why the 27 day delay????? Also why did they impose the toughest home referee for our home fixture and one that Croatia counts 4 wins and one draw with when he refs their matches???

In any case the more they keep on stacking the odds against us the more we will prevail!!!

Go Hellas!!!

Edited by Makynia

Fifa, fill your boots with poo! Don't worry kids, the Pirates will win cause we have 'Alexandros Tziolaras!'