Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

1 hour ago, Polikastano said:

Need to keep this first away game as close as possible to have a chance

Any loss of 2 goals or more (2-0, 3-1) we can forget about it.

Im very worried about their midfield that they will have total control .

I am worried that we will give them too much respect. 

19 minutes ago, Argy said:

not really..our players are not amauters to do that. 

@J1078torosidis is reported to be out for 2 weeks so he might be available and about donis we'll know on saturday whether he will be ready or not. 

• Lazarus changed the title to Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )
On 10/24/2017 at 3:01 PM, Argy said:

I absolutely agree with you. If it happens, we already start losing the match. Playing defensively doesn't mean we can't have a winning mentality.

• Like it 1

We seem to play better when we play defensively and counter attack, though.

Every time we are the stronger team and play an attacking/possession style of football we look like we don't know what to do with the possession. Except when Donis played recently, he looked like he had some sort of plan of attack.

I don't mind sitting back and soaking pressure/frustrating the Croats

On 10/24/2017 at 12:18 AM, nick said:

How the F*** does vellios or diamatakos get called up instead of samaras who has more game time that vellios.. those 2 players are bottom end players. I’d rather Samaras then either of them... 

Perfect! Samaras is a monster, I miss him playing as winger. Not sure if he still has a good pace, though. 

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, paokara777 said:

We seem to play better when we play defensively and counter attack, though.

Every time we are the stronger team and play an attacking/possession style of football we look like we don't know what to do with the possession. Except when Donis played recently, he looked like he had some sort of plan of attack.

I don't mind sitting back and soaking pressure/frustrating the Croats

Donis could be the wildcard here, if he plays like we saw vs Belgium he could give Croatias backline problems. I expect to see us sit back and wait for counter to open up. If we limit there chances they will get nervous as will there fans and they will try hard to force the issue and then mistakes will happen.

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

Donis could be the wildcard here, if he plays like we saw vs Belgium he could give Croatias backline problems. I expect to see us sit back and wait for counter to open up. If we limit there chances they will get nervous as will there fans and they will try hard to force the issue and then mistakes will happen.

Yeah but he's out for another 4-5 weeks so he doesn't make the first leg definitely and most prob the second leg

10 hours ago, J1078 said:

I just read on Stuttgarts page the Donis will be out until approximately November 30th. I don't know if there has been an update but it looks like he won't be available.. Sucks he could have been a weapon for us..

There is word that he is resuming training and may be match fit in time for the playoffs. I don't see Skibbe playing him anyway during the first leg in Zagreb; Maybe in Athens. 

32 minutes ago, jason said:

I would like to say we will playing a counter attacking style with a focus on set pieces. I don't think we need to just park the bus. Croatia is good but they don't compare to Belgium who in my opinion are a superior side. 

Belgium has a slightly better XI, but much deeper as a team. 

• Lazarus featured this topic
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic