Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

Read article at AGONA sports that Bosnia’s coach said he will help Dalic to do anything to beat us. This clown went on and on how we are all defence and how the Greeks wear down there opponents with there defensive play. These loser Bosnians are totally obsessed with us Greeks. Hopefully we eliminate the Croats.

Lets face it, if I go up to Soula that lives afew doors to my right, which I admire and say to her . hi, I play for Benfica, she won't give a toss. She will still want to know how often I play for the team and if I have any form.

If Tziolara for instance goes up to her and says, I play for Sydney fc and I have Great form and I scored with a great header for the Pirates recently, she will want to go out and have a Frappe with him instead. See, that's my point, hope it is clear.

The Bosnian coach that wants to do everything he can to help the Croats can be a scary guy, he boos very loud at soccer matches, I hope the Pirates don't take notice of him in the crowd.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 2

he doesn't play in benfica because he's been SUSPENDED for 3 matchdays and in the start of the season he was supposed to get sold in premier league but then got injured....

AGAIN pointing out a mistake vs a top national team like belgium is as childlish as it could.

i'll not discuss anything more 

Edited by Tzatziki

Donis is an x-factor. Offers something we don’t have. Speed, willingness to take on defenders and has a great shot. If he plays my confidence goes up dramatically.. would also be nice for karelis to get in some real games in the coming weeks. 

Have a feeling manolas and donis will push to play, but my guess is their club teams will push against that

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

This article is suggesting Donis has a good chance of just making it back for the Croatia games... Time will reveal i guess. Would be huge to have him available even if all he can offer is 20 mins off the bench 

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/National-Greece/kai-omws-o-dwnhs-mporei-na-prolavei-ta-mparaz.4900322.html

That's massive news. I hope it's true. He is a real professional. This kid has ambitions.

Edited by Dean97

On 21/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, tantra129 said:

The real reason is that you don't know the game. 

I do. 

you do know s%$#!. just apply for the job in benfica's scouter department as you seem to know better than them. 

Edited by Tzatziki
no personal attacks allowed

7 hours ago, nick said:

Donis is an x-factor. Offers something we don’t have. Speed, willingness to take on defenders and has a great shot. If he plays my confidence goes up dramatically.. would also be nice for karelis to get in some real games in the coming weeks. 

Have a feeling manolas and donis will push to play, but my guess is their club teams will push against that

their clubs have no say. i remember 2 weeks ago hamburg's kostic (serbian) was prevented from his club to join serbian squad in the game against georgia that would send them to the world cup. of course tous egrapse sta a*****a tou and joined the team. 

also if manolas is back by 5th november as expected it means he will have played at least 1 game with roma until then.

• Like it 1

Sorry to break it to all of you.

Samaris is shitte

Bouchalakis is pure shitte

Tziolis is good but not gonna give us anything against croatia.

Workrate is what defines a player.

Zeka has it. Runs up and down the midfield and helps in both offence and defence. He sucks at offensive gameplay but he s gonna be the extra man.

Samaris has workrate as well. His defensive flaw is not only his. Noone expected Belgium playing with 3 CBs and 2 of them being that high on the pitch. He is benfica tier and the fact that he is not playing even though the team is going terribly proves something else is hte problem.(changes happen when the team is literally getting minimum results. Look at Ansarifard starting in Olympiakos after so many failures. Look at Omar and Androutsos starting and Koutris ending up being the starter Left Back. This is football. Anyways the fact that he is not playing, not even as a sub proves there is something going on with his relationship with the coach. Maybe it has something to do with the supposed Newcastle transfer that he travelled to England for. Maybe he missed the whole preaseason for it).

To be fair. Samaris is not that good to be a benfica starter. A Portuguese Champion starter but the point is that HE IS THE BEST THING WE GOT. Period. Our best midfielder. So mumbling about who we put in his stead is not gonna change the situation. We have no midfielders.

We have some upcomming wingers in Pelkas/Limnios/Gianniotas/Androutsos/Manthatis who could be the next best thing but until this Galanopoulos dude of Aek and Kourbelis of Panathinaikos prove themselves we have nothing upcomming on the midfield.

Siopis is questionable because we ve seen nothing of him. He controls most of Panionios game but I really can't claim the NT would be better with him.

We are no La massia. We do not produce players day by day. This is why many of our flops like Ninis are costly.

Samaris deserves a starting spot not because he is something top tier. But because anything you name(because I know you douches are gonna name a bunch of no-namers in the answer) is not better.

Skibbe knows this and you see that most of our offensive play comes from the flanks. Where Both Torosidis an Stafylidis have a decent crossing. As well as Tzavellas. So just because he does the obvious (which is expect nothing much from the holding mids when it comes to creativity) he is a bad coach. 

Also Kyriakos Papadopoulis in the midfield can u stop with that already whoever is posting it? He got no cross he got no knowledge of the position he is just a defender. I mean you wrote that 10 times in the last 10 matches c'mon.

Tziolis o babas sas mi hatearete reeeeee.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Torosidis was subbed off after 25 mins for bologna last night. He was stretching for a ball and then was grabbing at his right hamstring. Don't know how serve it is yet, but if it's a strain it would still be unlikely he makes it. 
The gods seem to be against us...

can someone tell me how sane is to criticize players judging by their performance agaisnt the best in the world? sokratis lost lukaku twice and that basically cost us 3 points overall. the fact that he got abused by lukaku tho means s%$#! because lukaku is a world class striker..

it's like expecting olympiakos to perform against barcelona but being dissapointed and talking s%$#! about them because they can't do that!!!

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

can someone tell me how sane is to criticize players judging by their performance agaisnt the best in the world? sokratis lost lukaku twice and that basically cost us 3 points overall. the fact that he got abused by lukaku tho means s%$#! because lukaku is a world class striker..

it's like expecting olympiakos to perform against barcelona but being dissapointed and talking s%$#! about them because they can't do that!!!

Well people here keep saying that Sokratis is a world class defender, so it would stand to reason that criticizing him is appropriate. You can't hold him to one standard when he does well and then to another if he does not.

45 minutes ago, pash said:

Well people here keep saying that Sokratis is a world class defender, so it would stand to reason that criticizing him is appropriate. You can't hold him to one standard when he does well and then to another if he does not.

Hold on here guys. This is where I draw the line. This comparison is unfair. Both Sokratis and Lukaku are world class. Lukaku plays in the Premier league and Champions League constantly up against the best CBs alive. He still scores. You cannot stop a world class striker from scoring 100% of the time. Having top class CBs doesn't mean you cannot get scored on. If that was the case Real Madrid, Chelsea, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern, etc would never allow a goal. But they do, and often vs lesser strikers than Lukaku. A world class striker will get the better of world class defenders from time to time, just as world class defenders will get the better of top class strikers. On top of all that, Sokratis is an elite defender surrounded by not-so-elite players and was dealing with constant pressure by Belgium's attack all game long. What more do you want of him? Unjust and unfounded comparison here. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

What exactly is your argument? That he's so good that it's pointless to criticize? Or that the game is entirely random once you get to a certain level, and so comparative skillsets are not worth discussing?

It is absolutely not unfair to compare two "world class" players, especially when they go up against each other. For what it's worth, I thought he did very well. It's a harder job to defend. But where you seem to find it inappropriate to levy any criticism against him, I think it's just as silly for people on this forum to get offended at the same criticism.

Croatia announces 27 man roster for playoff with Greece. Line up looks pretty fierce...

Below is Croatia full roster: 

Goalkeepers: Subasic (Monaco), Kalinic (Gent), Livakovic (D. Zagreb)

Defenders: Vinda (D. Kyiv), Strinic (Sampdoria), Lovren (Liverpool), Vrsaljko (A. Madrid), Pivaric (D. Kyiv), Mitrovic (Besiktas), Leovac (PAOK), Dizic (Hajduk)

Midfielders: Modric (Real Madrid), Rakitic (Barcelona), Badelj (Fiorentina), Rog (Napili), Pasalic (Spartak Moskva), Bradaric (Rijeka), Vlasic (Everton)

Forwards: Mandzukic (Juventus), Perisic (Inter Milan), Kalinic (Milan), Kramaric (Hoffenheim), Rebic (E. Frankfurt)

Other Players: Brozovic (Inter Milan), Pjaca (Juventus), Cop (Standard Liege), Jedvaj (Bayer Leverkusen), Milic (Oostende)

• Lazarus changed the title to Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )
  • Lazarus featured this topic
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic