Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

Fortounis was weak piss! In all aspects. Just sickening. Sokratis and Papadopoulos showed heart and were at fault for 1 of the goals. I am very pissed off. I know our aim is to be a team but when you are so invested and passionate about this team you can't help but criticize the F***en idiot of a coach called Skibbe. Lazaros and Pelkas are in very good form. They are very talented on their as well. But no we have to see Tziolis, Bakasetas and Tzavellas. By the way Tzavellas provided nothing and that is an understatement. Stafylidis was at fault but Tzavellas was far worse. I expected more from the both of them. Skibbe needs to leave now. We need a coach who understands what is need to win not draw! F*** this!

We will be better at the back in the 2nd game with manolas returning, how on earth are we gonna find 3 goals? Had the feeling all week we were gonna get blown out, the cros themleeves knew they had to put space between us, they can come and play relaxed now. Of all games to play like that. Even more gut wrenching I can see a 2-0 for us which is gonna hurt more. I refuse to believe we will see such a poor performance on Sunday, will anyone even turn up?

4 minutes ago, Megas said:

as an aek supporter I don't rate mandalos. but yet again I don't know who is worse mandalos or foutounis. is it that the greek league has dropped in quality so much that these guys are stand outs.

He's so bad. How can you not talk about players like Fetfa and even dare I say Ninis!! Are you telling me they would have been less sharp, less creative?

1 minute ago, Greekoz said:

We will be better at the back in the 2nd game with manolas returning, how on earth are we gonna find 3 goals? Had the feeling all week we were gonna get blown out, the cros themleeves knew they had to put space between us, they can come and play relaxed now. Of all games to play like that. Even more gut wrenching I can see a 2-0 for us which is gonna hurt more. I refuse to believe we will see such a poor performance on Sunday, will anyone even turn up?

Manolas is great but papadopoulos did the job. The problem is our wings. 

1 minute ago, druid said:

Losing to Faroe hillbillies lmfao

Look, loser, we won the group in 2010 over you. You finished 2nd to Iceland and you got lucky today with corrupt Fifa and injuries and shamefully lucky goals. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

We lost so many fifty fifty balls and were dispossed so easily.

Tzavellas had one of the worst games ever as did Fortounis. Karnezis looked so uncomfortable.

only guys who played were Sokratis and Zeca.

Assist to FIFA for banning Manolas.

2 minutes ago, druid said:

ee87ff89d0a541c4843c92a21bb1dcfd.jpg

Sadly, Rizzoli was busy today so he couldn't shift the match in greek favor. Not that it would matter, looking how bad these 11 are.

Sokratis is better than any CB you ever produced.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Argy said:

Look, loser, we won the group in 2010 over you. You finished 2nd to Iceland and you got lucky today with corrupt Fifa and injuries and shamefully lucky goals. 

Bosnia are sh it, lots of trophies over there a re vlaka!

• Like it 1

@Argy I believe the guy's Bosnian, and the group you won over Croatia was for EURO 2012, not WC 2010 ;)

Anyhow, I'm very disappointed with the Greek team. When Sokratis scored, I was sure it will get quite tight and I was really scared it might easily turn into a drama, 2:2 or something, but most of your players under-performed. On the other hand, most of our players did quite a good job. I believe now you can see the work of the new coach and the way he refreshed the whole atmosphere around the team. It's always "Never say never" in football, but I think this one is 99% over. I can only see this result being compromised by an early Greek goal in Athens. If not...

Terrible game; even setting aside some shockingly bad schoolboy errors, that was atrocious play. Midfield was overrun, touches were awful, and most players only started to fight after the game was already over (save for Zeca and the CBs who busted their @ss from start to finish). The sad thing is if we had maintained any sort of possession/pressure in the opposing 1/3rd we could have punished them; Croatian defense is soft. 

Oh well, start building toward 2020 I guess. 

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

We lost so many fifty fifty balls and were dispossed so easily.

Tzavellas had one of the worst games ever as did Fortounis. Karnezis looked so uncomfortable.

only guys who played were Sokratis and Zeca.

Assist to FIFA for banning Manolas.

KPap was good too I think and Mitrgolou tried to create by himself with nothing to work with, so credit to him. 

1 minute ago, Kroates said:

@Argy I believe the guy's Bosnian, and the group you won over Croatia was for EURO 2012, not WC 2010 ;)

Anyhow, I'm very disappointed with the Greek team. When Sokratis scored, I was sure it will get quite tight and I was really scared it might easily turn into a drama, 2:2 or something, but most of your players under-performed. On the other hand, most of our players did quite a good job. I believe now you can see the work of the new coach and the way he refreshed the whole atmosphere around the team. It's always "Never say never" in football, but I think this one is 99% over. I can only see this result being compromised by an early Greek goal in Athens. If not...

Ah yes you are right Euro 2012. 

11 minutes ago, Boxou said:

hey muslim, once you win the euros make a call to us. or when you win a game there. or score a goal. or basically when you'll qualify for the first time

They are a shi t show just like the Albanians and the Turkeys

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, PaoOle said:

IMO, Sokratis, Zeka, Mitroglou and to a lesser degree Fortounis were the only ones that pay OK. The rest play horrible (except Tsiolis that was the usually average)

Listen, I don't think it can even be argued how atrocious Fortounis was. So weak and impotent. 

Credit to Skibbe for starting defensive players all the way up the pitch to right wing. Poor baby Skibbe was afraid. 

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic