Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Just now, trotsk13 said:

Fortounis done anything memorable the entire qualifying?

I don't think so. Another thing to remember, we wouldn't be here if not for a gift from Cyprus beating Bosnia-Herzegovina in Lefkosia back in August. Bad signs.

Just now, trotsk13 said:

Yes. He is better than whoever u wanna put there. Even today he had 2 excellent corners 1 ended up in a goal the 2nd in Mitro heading slightly up.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, trotsk13 said:

Fourtounis for me was good in euro2012. I haven't seen anything great of him since he moved to olympiacos

All I wanted was for Sunday's game to be meaningful ffs but Instead we concede In one game almost the same amount of goals we conceded the entire campaign..

Final Croatian susbstitution:

Pasalic IN

Modric OUT

All changes have been made

1 minute ago, Megas said:

Fourtounis for me was good in euro2012. I haven't seen anything great of him since he moved to olympiacos

Yeah well, if everyone who was good 5 years ago.......you see where I'm going with this

Mitroglou, GREAT SAVE SUBASIC!

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

All I wanted was for Sunday's game to be meaningful ffs but Instead we concede In one game almost the same amount of goals we conceded the entire campaign..

mate sundays game is going to be a walk in the park who in there right mind will buy a ticket now.

+4

Skibbe should be left in Croatia. Fortounis should never where that blue jersey again along with tziolis, tzavellas, and maniatis. 

Croatia 4-1 Greece   FT

Worst I've EVER seen this team play.

1 minute ago, Chris Tsamados said:

Fook me Croatia are a bunch of diving pussys! 

mate we would do the same if we were 4-1 up.

Nothing worked tonight.

You people wanna blame Skibbe ? Tzavellas ? Maniatis ? Im sorta with u. But nothing went our wa. Karnezis mistake and conceding 3 in one half is really something none of u expected and even Skibbe didn't think his team could concede almost as much as they did in 10 games total. The abscences also were a factor. If Toro was healthy we wouldn't see Maniatis there who was exposed totally by Perisic and we conceded 2 goals from his side.

I'd like a win in the next match. This team has honestly not played that bad and made so many mistakes in one match since 2010 that I started following consistently (haven't missed a match since then to be honest). 

Big losses against Colombia and Germany we looked way better than this.

Don't puss out. Greek at success Greek at failure too.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 2

wont be watching any tv next year during the world cup. Netflix it is. I am guttered. unfortunately we don't score 3 goals in a game even against Cyprus.

• Like it 1

if Mitroglou had pounced on that chance when papa crossed the ball across the face of goal after mitro's header, the game ends 4-2 and the Athens game is a little more meaningful

But 4-1 is a mountain to climb and that is understatement of the year

• Like it 1

No way in hell does that he Epo renew Skibbes contract after that display.. he didn't prepare his team at all they all went in there playing scared, they looked like they've never played soccer before. the fact the he continued to make Tziolis a starter continued to play Tzavellas and with his embarrassing display tonight no way do I want this guy back. 

6 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

Croatia 4-1 Greece   FT

Worst I've EVER seen this team play.

Painful to watch. Almost laughable at times.

• Like it 1

miracle to get through mate. I just want to see some changes in the squad for the future. today showed that defensively we have become shacky against the big sides. karnezis should of not started. personally anestis should of started.

Edited by Megas

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

No way in hell does that he Epo renew Skibbes contract after that display.. he didn't prepare his team at all they all went in there playing scared, they looked like they've never played soccer before. the fact the he continued to make Tziolis a starter continued to play Tzavellas and with his embarrassing display tonight no way do I want this guy back. 

skibbe is done for our health. today he commited some crimes so after sunday he's going back to germany. no problem in losing but losing respectively and not like that.

• Like it 1