Phantis Forums

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Greekaroos

53 minutes ago, Kroates said:

@Rockafeller Skank You keep insisting our team spirit is bad. Yes, it was, as it is always with teams who lose trust in their coach. It has nothing to do with patriotism. The only player I can agree with you about being a mere professional who is in the national team just cause he is supposed to be is Rakitic. Others are there for patriotic reasons. I understand your morale is being boosted by believing the other side is underestimating you, but generally speaking (with the exception of Rebic and our 1998 coach), it is simply not true.

Croatian reporters have mentioned it man. Im not saying just because I believe it. I don't even know a single thing about your team's motives and cooperation.

3 minutes ago, Kroates said:

Croatian line-up (most probably): Subasic - Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic - Rakitic, Brozovic - Perisic,  Modric, Mandzukic -  Kramaric.
However, Mandzukic is still under question.

that Lovren Vida Strinic Trio adding the fact that Vrsaljko is nothing speial other than playing for a top team smells greek goals. 

That Croatian offence though does smell Croatian goals too.

• Like it 1

7 minutes ago, Kroates said:

@Rockafeller Skank Our team spirit had its better moments (to put it that way), but compared to last 12-15 months, it is much better. But it is a fact Greek team has better chemistry.
I agree with what you said regarding the line-up; I also believe both teams will score tonight.

Having played some semi professional football I will also have to insist that your coach changed nothing to the game vs Ukraine. His true worth will be seen tonight and on Sunday. His managerial history ain't nothing special. But if he is someone the players respects and wanna play for then Im pretty sure that's what the national teams are all about.

Here is the lineup according to Livescore

Karnezis

Torosidis Sokratis Kyriakos Stafylidis

Lazaros Zeca Tziolis Tachtsidis

Fortounis

Mitro

I highly doubt Toro will play but pretty good lineup considering our injuries and BS suspension to Manolas

Edited by Makynia
  • Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Makynia said:

Here is the lineup according to Livescore

Karnezis

Torosidis Sokratis Kyriakos Stafylidis

Lazaros Zeca Tziolis Tachtsidis

Fortounis

Mitro

I highly doubt Toro will play but pretty good lineup considering our injuries and BS suspension to Manolas

HIGHLY doubt this lineup. 

8 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

Is Skibbe going to use 4-4-1-1? 

Cyber buzz

Retso Sokratis KPapas Tzavella

Bakaseta Zeca Tziolis Stafy

Fortounis

Mitro

Would like Giannotas and Tachsi over Tzilis Bakasetas

6 minutes ago, OFIMTL said:

Cyber buzz

Retso Sokratis KPapas Tzavella

Bakaseta Zeca Tziolis Stafy

Fortounis

Mitro

Would like Giannotas and Tachsi over Tzilis Bakasetas

I think the official lineup would be 

Karnezis

Retsos Sokratis K Paps Tzavellas
  Stafylidis Tziolis Zeca Tachtsidis 
                      Fortounis 
                      Mitroglou 

Edited by Molon Lave

I cant believe how nervous I am...... lets do whatever we have to do to give ourselves the best chance on Sunday with home field advantage. lets not let this game get out of hand... We need to find a way to get an away goal as that would be huge but at the same time lets not fall apart and give Croatia a couple either.. 

• Like it 1

defensive "boring" style of football...........

its funny, in every other team sport - defense is prized and sought out..."defensive player of the year" awards are given out in acknowledgment of this difficult skill......

yet Greece ALWAYS gets knocked for it. 

Itlay played "catenachio" for decades and yet you never hear anything about Italy playing boring soccer. 

such a hypocritical, double standard.....

• Like it 3

Just now, georgelaz said:

anyone got streams (ideally with greek commentary)?

anyone in toronto going out to watch the game? (If so where at?)

I'm watching it on sports net now.. cost me $30 but I know most places on Danforth like frappes, 521, are all showing it..

• Like it 1

Just now, J1078 said:

I'm watching it on sports net now.. cost me $30 but I know most places on Danforth like frappes, 521, are all showing it..

yeah thinking of ordering it and just watching with my dad and maybe inviting friends over.

I actually want to watch the game though, it often ends up becoming social hour and hard to actually hear commentary and s%$#!. If anything might do frappes though as that's where I usually go.

• Like it 2

• Lazarus featured this topic
  • Lazarus unfeatured this topic
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic