Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

According to Agona sports they say Donis will miss the playoffs due to his shoulder injury. That's tough luck for him and the NT.

ESPN Deportes will be showing the match for U.S. viewers. I checked their TV schedule. :king-741814:

Edited by Molon Lave

On 31/10/2017 at 11:28 AM, Boxou said:

croatia will miss pjaca and kovacic, and perhaps brozovic with lovren

According to a report Kovacic is trying to get back to on field training. Hopefully he's out, he's a game breaker. Lovren playing would probably benefit us.

^ ok that's good. Hopefully Brozovic sits out he has 6 goals in 24 appearances, with 2 of those goals coming against Iceland this campaign.

22 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

ESPN Deportes will be showing the match for U.S. viewers. I checked their TV schedule. :king-741814:

Also on ESPN3 for US based fans. Sportnet World in Canada and ESPN2 in Australia.

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/Greeksoccerontv/

• Like it 2

could be announced after the weekend matchdays..if karelis plays this weekend again is not there then skibbe is simply an idiot. i am wondering why he'd have no place in an already limited offensive line-up, especially with mantalos and donis out. if i see vellios/diamantakos or gianniotas instead..

I guess Skibbe maybe mentally messing with Croatia not giving up the line up, hence the delay.

I don't think he's doing it to screw with Croatia I personally think Skibbe is still a little unsure of who he wants to call up.  

I think it's more because of all our injuries, he wants to see if the players will be fit and ready to go or if he has to call someone

else. He does always submit last minute though as far as I can recall.

He does usually wait until last minute to choose his line ups. The injuries must be the main reason he is still unsure. I may be wrong but I thought teams had to make there selection before a certain date. I could be wrong though.

When is the deadline to choose the squad? Croatia and other teams announced there's last week. I guess its most likely the injury issues.

there are obvious injury issues, we are all aware of them.

Manolas is shaky, Donis is out and toro looks unlikely,

I think Skibbe will be contemplating who to call up to replace those players, Our core team will remain the same.

I do hope Pelkas and Gianiotas get called up, they would provide some pace of the bench

the last 2-3 years, we've always announced our squad a week before the game. So i'd expect the announcement tonight

And as expected the squad has been announced, no surprises, only one really is pelka being included as a doni/mantalo replacement. Toro included, they are obviously going to give him every chance to make it. Even if it's for the 2nd leg. 

Image may contain: 25 people, people smiling

• Like it 2

Saw much of the AEK vs Milano Champions League match, played in Marousi, Athens this morning, Bakasetas was composed, he was the playmaker. Every time he touched the ball he was a threat, something was constantly happening.

Lazaros looked in fine form with a lot of energy.  He is on the money these days.  

• Like it 1

That's good to hear Ausgreek. I knew Bakasetas had it in him. It's time for him to show what his got against Croatia. Pelkas is the big addition to the team. I hope he starts. He should play right wing. Stafylidis should be on the left.

• Like it 1

It would be interesting to see fourtonis pelkas and bakasetas on same line might work. Why no karelis? Too bad no Donis but if we make it he will be amazing. 

Why would you call up a player who has been out for the better part of a year? Don't kid yourself; no coach is going to play a guy who is out of the loop in such a vital game. I would be absolutely shocked if Pelkas saw any game time, as well.

agree, only way pelkas sees the pitch is if we are desperate for a goal. Can see Lazaros/Stafy starting on the wings. Unless Skibbe goes ultra defensive and plays Zeca wide instead of Lazaro/Bakasetas, which I wouldn't be shocked if he did it but don't think its the way to go personally 

This is the lineup I believe he will go with in Croatia

Karnezis

Toro Manolas Sokratis Tzavellas

Zeca Tachtsidis

Lazaros Fortounis Stafylidis

Mitro

I hope he doesn't put in Tziolis. I will puke.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

And as expected the squad has been announced, no surprises, only one really is pelka being included as a doni/mantalo replacement. Toro included, they are obviously going to give him every chance to make it. Even if it's for the 2nd leg. 

Image may contain: 25 people, people smiling

Lets go boys get the job done, eliminate Croatia! Then it's off to the World Cup in Russia! Pa Me ELLADA!

• Like it 1