Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

3 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Samaris does't really get to play for Benfica-that's the real problem. Zeca Taxi and Bouchalakis offer more.

exactly

13 minutes ago, Argy said:

It is not the only criteria but it is a significant one. There is a reason why he was identified, signed and kept by a top class club like Benfica and has more market value than all our mids besides fortounis. He gets to train and play alongside some of the better players in the world within a world class club culture. That holds a lot of value. Unless he really doesn't gel with his teammates and is a liability, he has to start for the NT, especially when we are fielding 2 or 3 DMs. 

he was identified, but he has not developed 

he is not even playing at club and he is out of form and no way do we need that on this NT right now

i had so much faith in this kid, but he is just not ready now

so to say let's pick him because he belongs to benfica is nonsense

Our options are scarce though. It's very hard to swallow with our only DM with some pedigree can't make the starting XI and guys playing in Saudi Arabia, Denmark and Greece should all be ahead of him. 

Edited by Argy

3 hours ago, Boxou said:

re-tard(a) you sound like a <20 kid but i won't be surprised if you actually are 

so here it is;

making an argument of how bad a player is, pointing out his mistake against a TOP-5 NT in the world is not smart fella. 

i hope you get to see your championship/superleague/tziolis type of players instead of him though. 

so i'm the <20  re-tard ... and you are the great wise experienced footballer that wants an out of form, no games at his feet, with a track record of playing horrible football to start the most important game of the campaign

i made an argument that he has no business on this NT right now. an argument i backed with facts. 

and your argument is that he belongs to benfica. backed by arloubes. and stupid comments. bravo sou.

how much higher do you rate benfica as a club to say OSFP? taxi is a way better option than samaris.

how many more CL games will benfica play?

how many minutes is samaris going to get ?

btw.i never said start tziolara. there are other options.

you should run a poll in here to see WHO agrees with you on samaris starting and who does not.

Guys lets be honest just because Samaris is training with great players but still riding the bench does not make it the same thing as playing a game and being in a game. Train and practice all you want but playing an actually game is night and day. I understand we are very limited in that position but do we really want to take a chance with a player that hasn't been playing in such a huge game?  I'm not saying he shouldn't be part of the team but I don't think we can play him in this big game right now..

Edited by J1078

The arguments vs Samaris are fair, but I will keep going back to what is our alternative? Tziolis from Al-Fayha? Maniatis who plays on a sub-par Turkish club? Tachtsidis who sometimes plays with Olympiacos? Siopis from Panionios or Kourbelis from PAO who have no NT caps? Zeca who plays in Denmark?

I am not saying Samaris should start ahead of all of the above, certainly atm not ahead of Zeca, but since we will play 2 or 3 DMs, how could you look past someone who has played 74 games with Benfica and is 28 yrs old.  

@Argy

I agree its a tough call right now... We know Zeca will start for sure and I'm pretty sure Skibbe will pick Samaris I just don't know if that's the smartest move right now.. I'm torn on this one..

1 hour ago, Argy said:

The arguments vs Samaris are fair, but I will keep going back to what is our alternative? Tziolis from Al-Fayha? Maniatis who plays on a sub-par Turkish club? Tachtsidis who sometimes plays with Olympiacos? Siopis from Panionios or Kourbelis from PAO who have no NT caps? Zeca who plays in Denmark?

I am not saying Samaris should start ahead of all of the above, certainly atm not ahead of Zeca, but since we will play 2 or 3 DMs, how could you look past someone who has played 74 games with Benfica and is 28 yrs old.  

he is out of form and it's been a while that he makes costly mistakes

in the video i posted .... he is way out of position and he has his hands behind his back

costly mistakes .... we pay as a nation

2 hours ago, Argy said:

It is not the only criteria but it is a significant one. There is a reason why he was identified, signed and kept by a top class club like Benfica and has more market value than all our mids besides fortounis. He gets to train and play alongside some of the better players in the world within a world class club culture. That holds a lot of value. Unless he really doesn't gel with his teammates and is a liability, he has to start for the NT, especially when we are fielding 2 or 3 DMs. 

Market values does not say much in this case; it says more about Olymbiakos smart strategy, manager connections and exposure via CL, and age. The fact that Samaris costed more than Berg, Zeka and Emokou combined says it all.

I'm on the same page here I think Samaris has hurt us more then he's done good and for that reason I don't play him.. To many key mistakes not worth taking a chance right now..

Read article at AGONA sports that Bosnia’s coach said he will help Dalic to do anything to beat us. This clown went on and on how we are all defence and how the Greeks wear down there opponents with there defensive play. These loser Bosnians are totally obsessed with us Greeks. Hopefully we eliminate the Croats.

Regards to teams using players not playing in prestigious leagues, Sweden has a few and they are everyone's Cinderella team. 

Lets face it, if I go up to Soula that lives afew doors to my right, which I admire and say to her . hi, I play for Benfica, she won't give a toss. She will still want to know how often I play for the team and if I have any form.

If Tziolara for instance goes up to her and says, I play for Sydney fc and I have Great form and I scored with a great header for the Pirates recently, she will want to go out and have a Frappe with him instead. See, that's my point, hope it is clear.

The Bosnian coach that wants to do everything he can to help the Croats can be a scary guy, he boos very loud at soccer matches, I hope the Pirates don't take notice of him in the crowd.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 2

Can you let Soula know that I admire her too?

• Haha 2

he doesn't play in benfica because he's been SUSPENDED for 3 matchdays and in the start of the season he was supposed to get sold in premier league but then got injured....

AGAIN pointing out a mistake vs a top national team like belgium is as childlish as it could.

i'll not discuss anything more 

Edited by Tzatziki

Lets hope we get no more injury's and I pray Manolas is able to return in time. I would take Manolas at 70% ffs.. If our plan is to sit back and "defend to the death" then we need him badly..

I just read no away fans will be allowed in these two games for fear of problems..

6 hours ago, Boxou said:

FFS why is that retarda guy still going on?

he doesn't play in benfica because he's been SUSPENDED for 3 matchdays and in the start of the season he was supposed to get sold in premier league but then got injured....

AGAIN pointing out a mistake vs a top national team like belgium is as childlish as it could.

i'll not discuss anything more with this clown, clueless as fcvk.

The real reason is that you don't know the game. 

I do. 

Donis is an x-factor. Offers something we don’t have. Speed, willingness to take on defenders and has a great shot. If he plays my confidence goes up dramatically.. would also be nice for karelis to get in some real games in the coming weeks. 

Have a feeling manolas and donis will push to play, but my guess is their club teams will push against that

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

This article is suggesting Donis has a good chance of just making it back for the Croatia games... Time will reveal i guess. Would be huge to have him available even if all he can offer is 20 mins off the bench 

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/National-Greece/kai-omws-o-dwnhs-mporei-na-prolavei-ta-mparaz.4900322.html

That's massive news. I hope it's true. He is a real professional. This kid has ambitions.

Edited by Dean97

On 21/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, tantra129 said:

The real reason is that you don't know the game. 

I do. 

you do know s%&#036;#&#33;. just apply for the job in benfica's scouter department as you seem to know better than them. 

Edited by Tzatziki
no personal attacks allowed

7 hours ago, nick said:

Donis is an x-factor. Offers something we don’t have. Speed, willingness to take on defenders and has a great shot. If he plays my confidence goes up dramatically.. would also be nice for karelis to get in some real games in the coming weeks. 

Have a feeling manolas and donis will push to play, but my guess is their club teams will push against that

their clubs have no say. i remember 2 weeks ago hamburg's kostic (serbian) was prevented from his club to join serbian squad in the game against georgia that would send them to the world cup. of course tous egrapse sta a*****a tou and joined the team. 

also if manolas is back by 5th november as expected it means he will have played at least 1 game with roma until then.

8 hours ago, Boxou said:

you do know s%&#036;#&#33;. just apply for the job in benfica's scouter department as you seem to know better than them. scum.

first retarda. now i'm scum.

nice !!! and what's a scouter? 

all because i proved samaris does not deserve a spot in the starting XI.

excuses are for losers. we are here to win. 

the excuses behind samaris not playing are not my concern. my concern is to field the best team possible, that will give us a chance to win.

you say he made a mistake vs #5 seeded team. who cares. the point is he made the mistake and we paid for it.

field a player who would have closed down that lane and not had his hands behind his back. no goal.

with that point in the pocket and a result vs estonia, it is possible we would have been seeded, instead of our current situation

go ask yourself the question .... WHAT has samaris done right to deserve a spot on the XI? Answer that.

your logic fails.