Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

The Alephant is spot on, by George! Tziolaris must start at AM in order to give us the attacking edge.  :boom:      Samaris, Tziol, Maniatis and Orestis need a spell.

Edited by ausgreek

Reality is, our chances are 0.1% or less. Many would say 0%. Real pity. Our only hope is, if we can score 1-0 in 1st half and find a 2nd without conceding and with enough time to make them sweat. This guy Alefantos makes a lot of sense. Zeca has to man mark Modric. We need run in the midfield and on the flanks. It's doable. We will know in the first 15 minutes if the players give it a go.

After the match, Scibbe said "Όλοι μπορούν να κάνουν λάθη. Είμαστε ομάδα και όλοι μπορούν να κάνουν λάθη στο γήπεδο. Ακόμα και ο προπονητής μπορεί να κάνει λάθη. Σήμερα δεν νομίζω ότι εγώ έκανα πολλά λάθη". He needs to do better.  

Edited by kbxk508
  • Like it 1

skibe threw the players under the bus.....

every coach i ever played for at a significant level ALWAYS accpeted the ultimate responsibility when our teams lost. "Im the coach and its my job to make sure players have the best chance to succeed"   stuff like that.....and when we won they would say "its not me, its the players that deserve all the credit, they did it on the field/court etc. etc." 

i run through walls for coaches like that. but in true greek mentality fashion when a coach says " imade no mistakes" when we all know skibbe played guys out of position and in the 2nd half when it was obvious after 45 minutes the lineup he chose needed changes he laid an egg" well then I think to myself "a kai g*****! m#$%!" or something poetically similar

u CANT blame your players ----- u lose their respect and as we all know, in greece the graveyard for soccer coaches, that can be fatal...

• Like it 1

Karnezis: 31 minuets of EPL game time all season.

Stafylidis: Not a single league match all season.

Maniatis: Sporadic appearance for mid table Turkish club side.

Tziolis: Sporadic appearance for a Saudi side in relegation.

Greece’s biggest match in three years & they all start.

• Like it 2

in all fairness, criticizing the starting lineup is a second guess.........if they did not make two mistakes the game and result could have been much different.......these are the guys that have got him here so i cant understand his reasoning....(not that i agree with it, but its easy to criticize AFTER the fact....

BUT was is absolutely positively inexcusable is this: he saw that his choices for this game were NOT working at all....u have evidence in front of you to eva;laute how the team is performing based your lineup, the score and the flow of the game.......so, now do something. as the coach, its your job to make adjustments based on WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING ON THE PITCH....here he FAILED MISERABLY.  no second guess, no after the fact....

4 hours ago, Greekaroos said:

Karnezis: 31 minuets of EPL game time all season.

Stafylidis: Not a single league match all season.

Maniatis: Sporadic appearance for mid table Turkish club side.

Tziolis: Sporadic appearance for a Saudi side in relegation.

Greece’s biggest match in three years & they all start.

This sums it up... These players selected for a playoff to go to the World Cup its not like we were playing a friendly match.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, Brklyngrk said:

Toro - Manolas - Sokratis - Stafylidis

Zeca-Tax- -Fortounis-Samaris

Giannotas - Mitro - Laz

Stamatiste with Stafylidis he is not in FORM right now. The 1st goal I put on him as much as Karnezis. He got the ball in a switch of play,..rai paithi mou take the RB on push the ball by him and run win a foul..BUT no form no confidence pushes the ball back to Tziolis to Tzavellas the end was there and then his gafa on the 4th..HE is not in form..should not have started our biggest game Gianota or Lazaro was the opion as lwb ....Lykogiannis is in form and a must start at LB on Sunday for me but he wont...Samaris another who should not touch the field Sunday Zeca Tachsi HOLDING with Lazaro Fortouni Gianota or Pelkas with Mitro who should have buried both headers he missed.

I've decided my man crush on Alephanto is unhealthy and I'm passing the admiration of him, over to my thia Yota. He must be the late Mitropano of the Greek football world.

alefanto is a clown

a comedian

"

Γίγαντα Μαρινάκη κάνε το μπαμ με Αλέφαντο να πέσουν και τα τσιμέντα στο Καραϊσκάκη

"

unfortunately ...some of his comments on skibbe and samaris have been bang on