Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Greekaroos

Croatia - Greece ( Round 2, 1st Leg, 9 Nov. 2017, Stadion Maksimir, Zagreb )

Recommended Posts

we actually had plenty of chances too. Mitroglou 3 shots on target and saved and 2 more near missed

we were unlucky with finishing and made too many mistakes defending.

2 of the goals were attempted back passes to Karnezis. Should have gone for a safe clearance rather than pass back to the goalie. Way too risky.

 

Edited by georgelaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bbaw said:

RS - right on...KPAP is out of position veyr very often

agreed

 

i found samaris and tzavellas positioning even worse than kpaps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, georgelaz said:

we actually had plenty of chances too. Mitroglou 3 shots on target and saved and 2 more near missed

we were unlucky with finishing and made too many mistakes defending.

 

 

 

with the way we played with the ball, we were lucky to enter their penalty area

 

DISGRACE

 

Skibbe the grand architect of failure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We defended like a team canada it was disgraceful. Every goal except one was a gift. It’s like we had a bunch of Lovrens on our side. We give up 1 goal in Belgium to a superior team down a man for 30 mins and today 3 goals in a half hour. Just unacceptable.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Boxou said:

hey muslim, once you win the euros make a call to us. or when you win a game there. or score a goal. or basically when you'll qualify for the first time

Bosnia is just another made up country like the Skops they have nothing and are nothing. Bunch of p*****s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must face it: our Golden Generation was the 2004-2014 team. Especially our midfielders are far far worse than key players of our All Stars Team, Zagorakis, Basinas, Giannakopoulos, Karagounis, and Tsiartas. Katsouranis was the last one among them. Now we have glittering mediocrities (Samaris Tachtsidis Christodoulopoulos Mantalos + Ninis Kolovos) and hard-working nobodies (Maniatis Tziolis Bouchalakis + Petsos). We should reactivate Katsouranis and Karagounis (I know it isnt possible, but the team must have leaders who have authority because either of their achievements/experiences or their abilities). Among our players of today, only Sokratis Papastathopoulos has the qualities of a leader.

Those F***heads who didnt give Santos in 2014 the greater salary he wanted are among the main culprits. With that great coach at the helm, we would have somehow continued to overachieve like before 2014. One cannot win games without winning the midfield (as perhaps tantra said before the game), and since 2010-11 we did this with basically crap players. How Santos was capable of such a feat like two second rounds with Katsouranis & Karagounis who were actually mummies in 2014 and with the likes of Maniatis, Ninis, Holebas, Kone, Samaris etc. etc. thats beyond me.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

We needed a flawless performances today and too many things went wrong.

1. Torosidis out (Having to play Maniatis)

2. Manolas out

3. Donis out

4. Zeca defanged with a yellow

5. Zeca with a clean tackle that could've led to a breakaway called foul.

6. Not starting Laz

7. Starting Tziolis.

 

Should've been Laz on the wing, Zeca in Tziolis's place who was invisible.

 

 

Zeca in Samaris' place who was worse than invisible.

Edited by La Mendel
Originally I wrote my remark into the box of quoted text.
  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a shame we did not have Donis available to run at the weak Croatian defence. Lovren was brutal and in the last 5 minutes they were under pressure and completely disorganized as we were. If K Paps gets the ball to Mitroglou it’s 2-4, and then we have hope for Sunday in Greece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The writing was in the stars. We failed to qualify for the easiest Euros in 2016. That should have been a warning. We finished 2nd which looks like they did awesome. But Couldn't beat Bosnia couldn't beat Estonia in their 2nd game. We keep dropping down the rankings.  We are in Group C of League of Nations.  I'm surprised any of you actually thought we would even scare Croatia  lol

It's all down hill from here. We won't ever qualify for another tournament unless big changes are done in Greek soccer. 

 Next summer is going to be hard watching the WC with no Greece. But we better get use to it. This is why we are a laughing stock in soccer. 

Cant believe that only 13 yrs ago we were kings of Europe. Seems like it didn't really happen lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The future looks bright with Donis Stafylidis(if he decides to step up his career and go to a team that respects him and doesn't ditch him because he wanted a big club signing) Retsos Pelkas Fortounis Manolas and Sokratis and of course Mitroglou will all be here in the next Euro and World Cup maybe.

Our lack of decent holding midfielders since the Karagounis and Katsouranis duo is ridiculously visible 3 years after their exit from the NT.

And yet 2 years before that you were all crying for Santos to Start promising Tachtsidis, talented Fetfatzidis. 

Where are they now?
This defeat is not because of the coach. Cry all u want about Skibbe but Mourinho comming wouldn't prevent these brutal mistakes.

For this defeat only the players can be held accountable. Sure. We could have had someone else over Tziolis in the midfield and obviously Bakakis over Maniatis but how much different would the team look. I tell u not a bit.

We went there having shat our pants. We treated this match as the "match of our life" and that's what you get a 50/50 , either kill or be killed.

Croatia is not even close to as good as the score indicates.

To be fair, and call me [email protected][email protected]@ I find it more possible for us to win them 3-0 in Athens than conceding 4 to them.

 

I will be happy if we snap a win and then hope for a good group for the upcomming Euros, so that we can scrap some points and improve our ranking.

 

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I missed the game but just saw the highlights posted above.

Two absolutely horrible mistakes on the 1st and last goals.

The 2nd goal was something that the keeper should have stopped. There was another chance for Croatia where they should have scored.

Greece did have a few chances and needed that 2nd goal.

Not impossible but highly unlikely to get a 3-0 win in Athens.

At least there is no reason not to go for a more offensive minded lineup.  

4-1 or 7-1 doesn't matter at this point.

If Skibbe puts in a defensive side then it is time for him to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jarvis1981 said:

Well I missed the game but just saw the highlights posted above.

Two absolutely horrible mistakes on the 1st and last goals.

The 2nd goal was something that the keeper should have stopped. There was another chance for Croatia where they should have scored.

Greece did have a few chances and needed that 2nd goal.

Not impossible but highly unlikely to get a 3-0 win in Athens.

At least there is no reason not to go for a more offensive minded lineup.  

4-1 or 7-1 doesn't matter at this point.

If Skibbe puts in a defensive side then it is time for him to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Skibbe will be gone no matter what EPO has stated this. If we fail to qualify he is out.

Some will think his firing is reasonable, others will say it was unfair. 

I am one of them defending him but the truth is somewhere in the middle. He could have made some better selections. He could have made some better line-ups in a couple of matches (this included). But hell he couldn't have glued this team together better than anyone. Whoever comes the Skibbe chapter will be held in our players' memories for the near future because he was one of the men responsible for this turnover. Sadly this turnover will not be completed. We lost the way to Russia in Zagreb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

The future looks bright with Donis Stafylidis(if he decides to step up his career and go to a team that respects him and doesn't ditch him because he wanted a big club signing) Retsos Pelkas Fortounis Manolas and Sokratis and of course Mitroglou will all be here in the next Euro and World Cup maybe.

Our lack of decent holding midfielders since the Karagounis and Katsouranis duo is ridiculously visible 3 years after their exit from the NT.

And yet 2 years before that you were all crying for Santos to Start promising Tachtsidis, talented Fetfatzidis. 

Where are they now?
This defeat is not because of the coach. Cry all u want about Skibbe but Mourinho comming wouldn't prevent these brutal mistakes.

For this defeat only the players can be held accountable. Sure. We could have had someone else over Tziolis in the midfield and obviously Bakakis over Maniatis but how much different would the team look. I tell u not a bit.

We went there having shat our pants. We treated this match as the "match of our life" and that's what you get a 50/50 , either kill or be killed.

Croatia is not even close to as good as the score indicates.

To be fair, and call me [email protected][email protected]@ I find it more possible for us to win them 3-0 in Athens than conceding 4 to them.

 

I will be happy if we snap a win and then hope for a good group for the upcomming Euros, so that we can scrap some points and improve our ranking.

 

"promising Tachtsidis, talented Fetfatzidis" good! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will bet that Skibee will field this squad in Piraeus. 
                              Anestis 
Manolas  Papastathopoulos Retsos Stafylidis
Lazaros   Zeca    Tachtsidis   Fourtounis 
              Mitroglou      Gianniotis 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

I will bet that Skibee will field this squad in Piraeus. 
                              Anestis 
Manolas  Papastathopoulos Retsos Stafylidis
Lazaros   Zeca    Tachtsidis   Fourtounis 
              Mitroglou      Gianniotis 

Why not. It's time to play our best 3 cbs. Gianniotas is a must start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skibbe has to go. Tziolis and tzavellas are not even close to the quality needed and both r fu kin lazy. We just don’t have any midfield players who want the ball and can distribute. NONE! Fortounis’s spot behind mitroglou has to be taken away . He doesn’t run and doesn’t have the skill to be able to play lazy.

Greece is at a huge crossroads...team has very few REAL players coming up. Donis,retsos look great. But we lack wide defenders and central midfielders badly. We miss a karagounis type player to go get the ball and distribute. These lazy F***s show zero passion for their country’s minus a couple players. Things don’t look good

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No other team will get blown out like this in any game of the playoffs ffs. I'm speechless... The fact that we were down 4-1 and Our retarded coach didn't  bring on Laz or Giannatos or Pelkas to try and create a goal is mind blowing... wtf is he thinking?? 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dean97 said:

Why not. It's time to play our best 3 cbs. Gianniotas is a must start.

no and i don't think i have to argue that.

if we don't start developing players it will be impossible to make it to a tournament comfortably again. croatia has so many world class players in their squad, and us, we think we can go to the wc with 2nd league b options like bouchalakis, gianniotas, vellios, diamantakos or ex footballers like tziolis maniatis and tzavellas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×